You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average

an tha

58 minutes ago, niallers said:

The only silver lining is that it's not fucking deadline day. We have 3 weeks to get at least 2 more in the door.

Those cunt owners better release the funds for other signings they were prepared to for caicedo.

It's not gonna be their doing if we don't. John Henry is not the one telling Klopp that we shouldn't pay 50m for Romeo Lavia.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not gonna be their doing if we don't. John Henry is not the one telling Klopp that we shouldn't pay 50m for Romeo Lavia.

Despite the fact I was shit talking about him, Lavia made sense if we kept Fabinho.

He doesn’t really make sense as first choice number 6 for this season, which is probably one of the reasons we put him on the back burner and tried to jump in for Caicedo.

Anyway, seems to be moot as Chelsea look to be getting him as well.

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The fact that only a very average Chelsea team are interested,Liverpool aside, gives a big hint.

Arsenal have been in for him.

Chelsea have been in for him. 
We’ve been in for him.

Bayern we’re the third team who bid on Thursday.

He’s a very good player who had some of the best DM stats in the PL last season.

EDIT: He’s not worth £115m. Nobody is. I’m just commentating on him as a player.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, redheart said:

Am I the only one who has seen nothing in Caicedo to suggest that he is a world class player worth £110m+

He is neither world class nor worth £115m. Mind you, someone in one of these threads described James and Colwill(!) as £100m players in the last couple of days, so who knows what the benchmark is now.

17 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Arsenal have been in for him.

Chelsea have been in for him. 
We’ve been in for him.

Bayern we’re the third team who bid on Thursday.

He’s a very good player who had some of the best DM stats in the PL last season.

EDIT: He’s not worth £115m. Nobody is. I’m just commentating on him as a player.

I would prefer Doucoure , his stats are better , he’s a couple of years older and we could probably get him for 70 to 80 mil.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

They haven't got the money or should i say they can't spend that amount because of FFP. They would have come back in by now. Their tactics are to use Fabrizio Romano as mouth piece to make us blink, that cunt has been all over this and his "exclusives". Wanker has even pinned a tweet at the top of his page saying Caicedo only wants to join Chelsea. Not to mention using Lavia as a pawn to try and make us disappear. The minute they found out we had approached the player they bid £48 million for Lavia. It's fucking small time bullshit from them and proper spoilt bratt behaviour.

Fuck them and don't withdraw, even if it's just to piss them off until they cook the books and find the money. People keep saying its embarrassing on us, it isnt. We are trying to hijack a deal for a player who has wanted to go there and only there for over 6 months. It was never going to be plain sailing.

Keep the bid in

Caicedo has only wanted to join Chelsea since last summer. Nothing has changed, nothing is new. 

You’re 100% correct about that cunt Ramano though. 

16 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I would prefer Doucoure , his stats are better , he’s a couple of years older and we could probably get him for 70 to 80 mil.

I think he’s a good shout. I think he had the best tackling stats in the PL last season. Caicedo is more versatile, but if we’re looking for a destroyer who gets the ball and passes 5 yards to Trent, Slobbo or Macca, then he’s an excellent shout. 

Just now, Anubis said:

I think he’s a good shout. I think he had the best tackling stats in the PL last season. Caicedo is more versatile, but if we’re looking for a destroyer who gets the ball and passes 5 yards to Trent, Slobbo or Macca, then he’s an excellent shout. 

My issue with a player like that is that he will be pressed and identified as a weal link. Konate is fine, but isn’t great on the ball either so we have 2 of our back 5 that aren’t press resistant. Not ideal. 

23 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Yeah would work for me. Would probably be straightforward to deal with Palace too.

9 hours ago, George Costanza said:

We just have owners who want to do things on the cheap as much as possible.  Given Klopps comments in the press conference on Friday I think it was already known our bid was a token gesture and we knew the player was set on a move to Chelsea.  We just did Brighton a favour in getting them an extra £10-20m and bringing the saga to a conclusion.

The club is finished at the elite level under FSG, Klopp has managed to work wonders with the sell to buy policy but thats over now, it requires real investment to keep up and they don't have the stomach for it.

And yet on Friday we have agreed what would be / would have been a new British record fee.

And BTW, all owners want to do things on the cheap as much as possible.

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Haha and how do you know that? It may not be John Henry himself but it will be somebody from FSG, such as Hogan. 

The narrative that it’s not the owners doing if we don’t spend the money we need to is laughable. Klopp has made it clear time and time again that he doesn’t have a say in the financial decisions of the club, he gets told what is possible and what isn’t. 

7 hours ago, an tha said:

Well we know we have at least 111m to spend.

Just a shade under 3 weeks to get IMO at a bare minimum a DM and a centre half.

A big, pivotal 3 weeks for our football club coming up.....

Sadly that's not how they work though. They'll mumble about value or some such other shite and pass kick the can to the next window.

13 minutes ago, SasaS said:

And yet on Friday we have agreed what would be / would have been a new British record fee.

And BTW, all owners want to do things on the cheap as much as possible.

Our offer was no more or less serious than when Everton bid for Alan shearer. There wasn't a chance it was ever going to mean having to spend the money and klopp pretty much told everyone that on Friday morning. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Sadly that's not how they work though. They'll mumble about value or some such other shite and pass kick the can to the next window.

Our offer was no more or less serious than when Everton bid for Alan shearer. There wasn't a chance it was ever going to mean having to spend the money and klopp pretty much told everyone that on Friday morning. 

Sorry, but the idea we bid just because we knew it would not go through is completely insane.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We had a medical booked on Friday morning. Seems we were ready to do a deal.

• dave u changed the title to Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average