You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Massively egotistical people (who were probably bad cunts too) but could back it up…

lifetime fan

• lifetime fan changed the title to Massively egotistical people (who were probably bad cunts too) but could back it up…
46 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I imagine there’ll be a few boxers mentioned.

An insane amount of self-belief is a prerequisite for a job where you’re in mortal danger and responsible for your own promotion.

There’ll be hundreds in sport, I guess there’s almost a prerequisite to be that sort of an arsehole to reach the top.

I was more thinking of those away from sport but more than happy to see where this ends up…

18 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

There’ll be hundreds in sport, I guess there’s almost a prerequisite to be that sort of an arsehole to reach the top.

I was more thinking of those away from sport but more than happy to see where this ends up…

I just think it’s fascinating that you were sat around this morning thinking about the old lord of the dance. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I just think it’s fascinating that you were sat around this morning thinking about the old lord of the dance. 

I ended up driving to Cornwall 6 o’clock this morning, met a lovely old lady who was watching it, she loved it but thought he was full of himself and came out with an old phrase “He wished his pants were as big as his mouth”. 

I was in tears laughing as I knew exactly what she meant even if I’d have phrased it completely differently. 

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

I imagine there’ll be a few boxers mentioned.

An insane amount of self-belief is a prerequisite for a job where you’re in mortal danger and responsible for your own promotion.

First person I thought of was Eubank

0yZNky.gif

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

First person I thought of was Eubank

0yZNky.gif

I think Eubank is false ego in the sense that he tries to look smarter than he is as he thinks this will somehow make people appreciate/accept him. Psychologists dream is snr.

11 minutes ago, Elite said:

I think Eubank is false ego in the sense that he tries to look smarter than he is as he thinks this will somehow make people appreciate/accept him. Psychologists dream is snr.

Mate, his ego was massive. He fits this thread like a glove.