You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

37 minutes ago, an tha said:

There were similar issues when we first introduced this digital tickets lark - not sure was as bad as this or kick off was delayed - may have been one game possibly where it was 10 mins or so - maybe v chelsea - my memory is crap - but i remember there being ridiculous queues outside and ground having laods of empty specs at kick off.

Went on for a few games before settled.

But this today seems to be on a different scale.

That was the season I was a match steward. In fact, that was my first game. People having a go at us. I told one guy ‘it’s not my fucking fault’ and got told off by some blert who’s whole life revolves around being a head steward.  Too many jobsworths and nonces.

3 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

That was the season I was a match steward. In fact, that was my first game. People having a go at us. I told one guy ‘it’s not my fucking fault’ and got told off by some blert who’s whole life revolves around being a head steward.  Too many jobsworths and nonces.

Was shite and saw people getting right nark over it and giving out dogs abuse.

I felt for stewards to be fair - not their fault.

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

Saddens me to say it but Arsenal remind me of us in 2018-2020. Their 2 wide forwards are Manè and Salah clones.

Have made this same point - i don't get all the sneering at and righting off of them...

They have improved their squad massively over last couple of years - they have a really potent attack with loads of pace and skill and have a really effective midfield - Odegaard has been superb.

Their key men are all great ages - they are set very fair and very much remind me of us around 2017-2020

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The weirdos who proclaim every year that the league is awful quality wise might actually be right this season. Think the bottom half teams will be particularly atrocious. 

Any of Luton, Sheff Utd, Bournemouth, Bournemouth, Everton, Wolves or Forest could easily go down. Palace and Fulham, depending on their outgoings over the next few weeks, could join that list.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

They're more orthodox wingers than Mané and Salah have been.

In your opinion. In mine they offer the same threat as Sadio and Mo, not quite the numbers yet but they have 5 or 6 years on them.

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

In your opinion. In mine they offer the same threat as Sadio and Mo, not quite the numbers yet but they have 5 or 6 years on them.

I mean, the formations are just different. By all intents and purposes, Salah and Mané were strikers with Trent and Robbo providing the width.

Martinelli and Saka play wider. They are more comparable to any kind of combo of wingers City have used. Sane, Sterling, Mahrez, etc...

Arsenal playing Partey in the inverted full back role today with Timber (now Tomiyasu) and White as the outside defenders in the back 3. It's obvious that the system can work effectively if organised well and if the players are able. 

Our issue could be that our wide forwards are strikers whereas Arsenal's and City's are wingers. We do look as if we may lack width with the ball