You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Agreed.

I just find it bizarre that they have spent hundreds of millions and their sqaud looks like a pro-evo squad full of ratchet names that you don't recognise.

Yeah, they're an expensively assembled shambles. I don't even think that Enzo is anywhere near as good as Mac Allister or Caicedo. Similar to ourselves, they've shipped out more or less their whole midfield but they've lost several in defence and attack too. 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Yeah, they're an expensively assembled shambles. I don't even think that Enzo is anywhere near as good as Mac Allister or Caicedo. Similar to ourselves, they've shipped out more or less their whole midfield but they've lost several in defence and attack too. 

But they've also downgraded the 'keeper by keeping Kepa as #1, lost experienced defenders and hollowed out the midfied and attack.

It's bizarre and I really can't see where the money has been spent.

Keeper - Shite

Defence - Fullbacks solid, central defecnce patchy as shit.

Midfield - Who are these people?

Attack - Sterling, Jackson and some others randoms.

That's a Milk Cup team on paper and they've spent the best part of half a billion once you factor in sales.

Wild.

• Upvote 2

I for one think it's marvellous that the Premier league have planned a season opening game where the brilliant world's bestest ever team ever and bestest greatest manager ever in the history of football get to give a newly promoted plucky bunch of underdogs a good fucking kicking. A solid 3 points and a great start on building that goal difference. Well done premier league. Well done. Great to see that football is in safe hands. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, John102 said:

In slightly more positive news, maybe, Bobby has scored 2 in the first 20 mins of his proper debut.

Not really. It's a joke league. Connor Coady would look like Maldini over there. In other joke league news Messi has scored 7 in 4 games. 

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Not sure anyone is particularly surprised at the scoreline, just the depressing inevitability of a side not managing to see out the first fucking three minutes against them.

Doing Burnley a disservice there, they managed 3 minutes and 12 seconds.