You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I commented in the Palace thread about an offside against Darwin being taken in our half, and VI kindly directed me towards a more recent ruling about the free kick being taken at the place where Darwin made contact with the ball (in our half), as opposed to where he actually was offside (their half). Identical situation happened in the Chelsea game, Luton player offside, but coming back into his own half to play the ball. Free kick was given….. in the Chelsea half. Consistency, don’t you love it.

As much as we all love that we're back in a title challenge and I'd rather this than what happened last year, it does conjure up horrible, stressful memories of not only wanting us to win, but hoping against hope that those cheating cunts drop points.

I'm trying to block it out, but it's fucking hard when we've officials and a state run gang of cheating cunts throwing roadblocks in our way.

22 minutes ago, niallers said:

As much as we all love that we're back in a title challenge and I'd rather this than what happened last year, it does conjure up horrible, stressful memories of not only wanting us to win, but hoping against hope that those cheating cunts drop points.

I'm trying to block it out, but it's fucking hard when we've officials and a state run gang of cheating cunts throwing roadblocks in our way.

Guardiola’s first season aside, the only way they’ve been beaten is when a team got ahead and broke their spirit early, as we did in 19/20 - we were behind them on GD after the first game and never again.

If you don’t achieve that, they will almost certainly out grind you. I said the other day that we can, perhaps, afford to drop points in three more games this season if we’re to win the league, yet I wouldn’t be surprised if they managed to pull something ridiculous out of the bag and take it anyway.

If we were to win it as sizeable underdogs by a point or two from them this season, I think it would be just as impressive as 19/20 in its own way.