You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) FA Cup 4th Rd - 29/1/23 - 13.30

an tha

They are going to massage our prostate then deliver a kidney punch!  Unless the players show some pride and a genuine anger at how Brighton FC walloped them all over the pitch and made them look like amateur level players. It was one of the worst performances I've seen from any Liverpool side it was unacceptable and they need to right that wrong.

It's fucking Brighton are we genuinely in a place we're they are a better football side than us.

49 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Apparently told to stay away from training until after the window closes.  No chance he plays tomorrow which is a plus. 

Good news in the short-term. If he goes to a Arsenal or Chelsea then it improves a rival for top 4 in the next few years

Seems like Colwill and Lallana are also out so their fans think Webster (or Lamptey) and Veltman will come in at the back with Gross moving to midfield with Sarmiento in for Lallana. 

Their midfield is definitely weaker and we hopefully won't be as easy to play around. I'm a bit more confident now

If they dominate us in midfield again with key men missing and fact that we should surely be hellbent on putting things right then it will be the most damning reflection on us yet IMO.

As it happens I expect us to be better and them obviously worse so it should level up a fair bit.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

If they dominate us in midfield again with key men missing and fact that we should surely be hellbent on putting things right then it will be the most damning reflection on us yet IMO.

As it happens I expect us to be better and them obviously worse so it should level up a fair bit.

We could lose to Forest Green managed by Big fucking Dunk and we still won't do anything.  The team is broken and we've got to limp till the summer to MAYBE fix our plethora of issues

I heard on a podcast that we have the worst conversion rate in the league, even worse than Everton. I've always felt our shooting is abysmal but creating opportunities world class, now we create shit so that needs to improve but fuck me we need players to be more clinical I'm tired of seeing them spoon all their chances, wide, over the top or pea rollers straight to the keeper. Some of them a toddler could test a keeper more. It's crazy how bad some of our shooting is. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I heard on a podcast that we have the worst conversion rate in the league, even worse than Everton. I've always felt our shooting is abysmal but creating opportunities world class, now we create shit so that needs to improve but fuck me we need players to be more clinical I'm tired of seeing them spoon all their chances, wide, over the top or pea rollers straight to the keeper. Some of them a toddler could test a keeper more. It's crazy how bad some of our shooting is. 

That figures. I've seen stats that say that Nuñez has been the league's worst for missing big chances and Salah is second-worst.

12 hours ago, George Costanza said:

We could lose to Forest Green managed by Big fucking Dunk and we still won't do anything.  The team is broken and we've got to limp till the summer to MAYBE fix our plethora of issues

Two new midfielders (and maybe a new centre back) plus getting the forwards fit again; that's what it takes to fix our "plethora" of issues.

• Upvote 1

With Gakpo supposedly being a left sided player but with comments from Klopp saying he's a connecting player or Ljinders saying he's a missing piece it gives the impression he's a Bobby replacement and there's also no way he fits on the left when Diaz is fit. If the plan is he is to play Central in the false 9 type role then just play him there and keep playing him there put Nunez on the left during this game. I've seen enough of Elliot to think he should only ever play on the right so that means Salah moves over or is the sub.

I dont get our squad building if all forwards are fit then who plays where. I think Bobby goes I even think Jota might the guy is quickly becoming a crock. The Gakpo signing is surely a money ball type of thing they've seen the fee and thought there's value there otherwise its absolute nuts we didn't sign a midfielder after acknowledging the problem with the signing of Mello. Because the team is playing poorly and we see no structure on the pitch it feels like everything is disjointed.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Yes. I know Klopp doesn't like wild shooting from outside the box - who does? - but as we now have several players who are supposed to be quite good at scoring from that distance, we should mix some of that up with the other attacking play instead of getting fixated on either passing to Mo or chipping into the arms of the opposition keeper. And even shots rebounding inside the box would probably give Mo more of chance to connect than the usual shuffle towards the left will.

6 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Yes. I know Klopp doesn't like wild shooting from outside the box - who does? - but as we now have several players who are supposed to be quite good at scoring from that distance, we should mix some of that up with the other attacking play instead of getting fixated on either passing to Mo or chipping into the arms of the opposition keeper. And even shots rebounding inside the box would probably give Mo more of chance to connect than the usual shuffle towards the left will.

If we were dangerous from range then it would give the defenders something extra to think about too, maybe they'd make the decision to close us down or press a bit, creating some extra space behind them for our lovely Egyptian to make some runs. 

55 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

With Gakpo supposedly being a left sided player but with comments from Klopp saying he's a connecting player or Ljinders saying he's a missing piece it gives the impression he's a Bobby replacement and there's also no way he fits on the left when Diaz is fit. If the plan is he is to play Central in the false 9 type role then just play him there and keep playing him there put Nunez on the left during this game. I've seen enough of Elliot to think he should only ever play on the right so that means Salah moves over or is the sub.

I dont get our squad building if all forwards are fit then who plays where. I think Bobby goes I even think Jota might the guy is quickly becoming a crock. The Gakpo signing is surely a money ball type of thing they've seen the fee and thought there's value there otherwise its absolute nuts we didn't sign a midfielder after acknowledging the problem with the signing of Mello. Because the team is playing poorly and we see no structure on the pitch it feels like everything is disjointed.

Unless Jota or Bobby are off I reckon Either Jota or Diaz will get more time on the right next season.

RW: Mo & Diaz

CF: Bobby & Gakpo

LW: Nunez & Jota

With a lot of interchanging around that. 

On 28/01/2023 at 11:19, Razoray said:

Good news in the short-term. If he goes to a Arsenal or Chelsea then it improves a rival for top 4 in the next few years

As it stands Brighton have a better chance of finishing top 4 than us! 

Quite sad that they've started to break up their team already, mind.