You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fri 30 December 20:00 Liverpool vs Leicester City

Lee909

Control. Ruthlessness. Intensity. Skill. Power. Speed.

I don't ask for much.

We need to start (or regain) that mentality that saw us shut teams down so comprehensively that a win was inevitable as long as we took one of our chances. A big part of that is everybody being switched on mentally and ready physically. DOn't do anything stupid that gives opponents a feeling that they might profit if only they take a few more risks.

Last game of 2022. Go out there and show we can be what we want us to be. 3 points and a strong performance please.

• Upvote 5

Hopefully less of the hubris this year than last - when pretty much everyone predicted an easy win, only for us to shit the bed. If the lads are on it, we should win easily, but any lack of intensity will only serve to make the crowd anxious. Also hopefully, the ref will put a stop to any of their timewasting shithousery early on.

5 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Should win this, they look very vulnerable. Will be 4 in a row in the league, if we had beaten Leeds and Forest we’d be really looking at a tilt for the league.

Disgusting results those two.

Been some poor ones this season - but those two are absolutely disgraceful.

4 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Hopefully less of the hubris this year than last - when pretty much everyone predicted an easy win, only for us to shit the bed. If the lads are on it, we should win easily, but any lack of intensity will only serve to make the crowd anxious. Also hopefully, the ref will put a stop to any of their timewasting shithousery early on.

and won all but 3 (all draws) of the remaining 18 league games. I'd take that

1 hour ago, niallers said:

Even 2 draws would've been utterly disgraceful. To lose both its unconscionable 

As bad as Forest are and as bad a result as it was, I could sort of get head around it (not justifying it like but hey it happens once in a blue moon) - we always struggled there - when they were good, when they were shite - and every now and then top sides get beat away at dross.....But Leeds at home was just unreal - an absolutely fucking awful result.

The two results are wholly unacceptable, but could be considered abberations if we had been up to our usual standards in the season, the fact we hadn't been and had already had some less than ideal results just made them even worse.

19 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

Don’t know how I view this to be honest. On the one hand it’s commendable but a multi-millionaire driving a car that cost more than most in the city earn in 5 years still sticks in the throat. 

Nobody should earn that much, but they do - and I'm sure the players themselves donate a fair wedge to stuff like this anyway.

4 hours ago, aws said:

Remember the time Mr C thought he was buying the official programme? 

Ah, you always very positive.

I was thinking of when Pinky Tuscadero crashed her motorcycle.

And that night I lost all my money to those card sharks and my dad, Tom Bosley, had to get it back.

9 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Nobody should earn that much, but they do - and I'm sure the players themselves donate a fair wedge to stuff like this anyway.

You are probably right, and this won’t be the right place for that discussion. 

Still, I recall seeing Alexi Sayle on that 3-parter he did about returning to Liverpool. Outside Anfield, he espoused about not getting the taking pride in other peoples’ achievements aspect of football support, and the disconnect (especially financially) between those on the pitch and those paying to watch. That was around 2008, it’s increased exponentially since.

Struck a chord with me that…although I’ll probably need some ‘pills fer me nervesss’ around KO time. 

• Upvote 1