You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 1 Man City 0 - Match Reaction

tlw content

A win and an unexpected clean sheet against a team who until today couldn't stop scoring. The Reds defended brilliantly and Mo Salah did the rest as Kloppo's boys tore up the form book and deservedly inflicted a first defeat of the season on City in a typically incident packed game at Anfield.

TLW Editor Dave Usher is joined by Paul Natton and John Gallagher to reflect on a much needed and well deserved victory in which there were top quality performances all over the pitch. Milner was a rock at right back, the two centre halves were impeccable in keeping Haaland quiet, the midfielders were diligent and Mo was dazzling.

Up the Reds!!

View full article

• Upvote 3

• dave u pinned this topic

I fucking lost my fucking Shit when Darwin never squared it to Mo but have to admit you’re right Dave. I never even questioned Mo in a fairly similar position (I Still think the pass was the more obvious decision for Darwin though) Same thing happened in the Barca Inter game on Wednesday. I guess not everybody thinks like Bobby Firmino. 
Totally agree, find it puzzling that nothing was said about Pep’s reaction to the referee going to look at VAR. He tries to intimidate the ref before he goes to the screen and then incites the crowd after the decision. The weird, baldy, sad, creepy bell pipe. 
Echo what John Said. Bernardo Silva, the snivelling little piss weasel.

And we need a Eddie Munster chant for Phil Foden. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Sky go out of their way to be nice to City. Its fucking insane. 

Now souness has gone there is no voice of reason or criticism of them.

Martin fucking Tyler as well. Fucking hell

Souness has gone? Didn’t know that. Why?

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Souness has gone? Didn’t know that. Why?

Just thought he had after the "man's game" comment. Don't think I've watched the dickheads in the studio after the game this season so probably wrong and he's still there. 

Souness’ contract is up at the end of the season and they reckon that’s him done at Sky then.  He hasn’t gone yet though,

I agree with Paul I think it was when he said about the subs.  It was the only real gripe I had. We were sitting there saying you could see the game starting to turn and we needed a change specifically Nunez on to offer that bigger presence with more pace.  We weren’t getting battered or anything but it was starting to go their way.  You look over and the lads aren’t even warming up so you know it’s going to be about 5 mins of warming up and another 5 reading all the shit they have to take in at least before they come on.  It’s probably Klopps one weakness.  He delays the subs too long.  Luckily we were okay in that period.

It was good to see us doubling up and even getting 3 players out wide at a time.  Robbo hit the byline a few times for the first time in ages in that first half.  That’s where Nunez will benefit I think if we can do it with him on the pitch.

I think I was as worried as everyone else seeing Milner at full back but it goes to show you don’t need to be rapid to be able to defend there.  Surely even to his biggest advocates the idea of bringing Trent back in has got to be off the table now.  We’ve been struggling against shite and then suddenly the whole defence looks rock hard without that weakness and Gomez looks his old self.  If Milner can’t play in the week then Gomez needs to go there. All Milner did was play the position.  He was aggressive and constantly aware and basically just wanted to defend..  Other than one ball he let bounce he didn’t put a foot wrong but he didn’t have to do anything amazing.  Trent is completely incapable of doing that.  We need to build on the defensive display.  We’ve got the attacking players to create and score with playing Trent at right back.

Last point - the pod misses brownie when he’s not there!

• Upvote 1

I know I'm agreeing with Danny Murphy but on the point that Guardiola and Silva (the fucking weasel) made about the ref leaving things go, Murphy made a good point. He said isn't it better that the ref lets things go and VAR can pull them up if incorrect, rather than blowing the whistle every 40 seconds and having no flow to the game.

And Pep really is a fucking spoilt brat. His "It's Anfield" shit makes no sense at all. The fella who made the decision(s) to disallow their goal is in Stockley Park hundreds of miles away under zero influence from the crowd. I know Taylor was the one who made the final decision but as soon as he is sent to the monitor the decision to overturn is virtually done

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Daisy said:

Sky go out of their way to be nice to City. Its fucking insane. 

Now souness has gone there is no voice of reason or criticism of them.

Martin fucking Tyler as well. Fucking hell

Missed this, why has Souey gone?

Ignore, your saw reply above.

The supposed chant about Foden's mum was pretty tame in the scheme of things. I say supposed because I didnt recognise it. There was a chant I didnt catch but one or two around me laughed so maybe that was it?

But it doesnt come anywhere near murderers, victims and singing Hendo's a racist by implication which were clearly heard around the stadium.

Im far more pissed off by the supposed coin throwing at the city bench. I could see from my seat in the SKD Upper that the club had allowed fans to sit behind the city bench with what looked like two stewards amongst that first row. I thought that was a questionable decision having fans sat right behind them after last season's 'spitgate' episode.

But I guess the alleged coin lobber or lobbers were sat further away? It still seems odd that we dont have any protective screen at the oppo dug out especially when we play these, united, chelsea and the shite?

City trying to shift the blame onto Jurgen with 'virtual xenophobia'! Really!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

The supposed chant about Foden's mum was pretty tame in the scheme of things. I say supposed because I didnt recognise it. There was a chant I didnt catch but one or two around me laughed so maybe that was it?

But it doesnt come anywhere near murderers, victims and singing Hendo's a racist by implication which were clearly heard around the stadium.

Im far more pissed off by the supposed coin throwing at the city bench. I could see from my seat in the SKD Upper that the club had allowed fans to sit behind the city bench with what looked like two stewards amongst that first row. I thought that was a questionable decision having fans sat right behind them after last season's 'spitgate' episode.

But I guess the alleged coin lobber or lobbers were sat further away? It still seems odd that we dont have any protective screen at the oppo dug out especially when we play these, united, chelsea and the shite?

City trying to shift the blame onto Jurgen with 'virtual xenophobia'! Really!

It's not as bad as singing about people dying but it's still fucking horrible and unnecessary. It was pretty loud too. It came from the Kemlyn side of the Kop but was as clear as day for me over in the Main Stand. I'm amazed it hasn't been picked up by City or the media to be honest. Hardly any mention of it, thankfully. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, dave u said:

It's not as bad as singing about people dying but it's still fucking horrible and unnecessary. It was pretty loud too. It came from the Kemlyn side of the Kop but was as clear as day for me over in the Main S

tand. I'm amazed it hasn't been picked up by City or the media to be honest. Hardly any mention of it, thankfully. 

And for me, diminished cuntery doesn't make the cunts among our lot better than the cunts among their lot.  A cunt act is a cunt act.

• Upvote 5

• dave u unpinned this topic