You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

As predicted before she won the job, she is genuinely dangerous. We actually need 40-odd Tories to flip and get rid of this government. I do wonder if self interest will save the day with a number of MPs in red wall seats defecting. 

Problem is we jot getting a GE so it will just be another utter knob who I dislike . The musical chairs all well and good but meanwhile country goes to the dogs . Labour will win the next GE but they will be faced with the sort of shit show that cannot be fixed in one term in offi e.

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Just listened to those radio clips and you’re right. It wasn’t amusing to listen to her bumble about, it was genuinely scary how incapable she clearly is, and her fixation on Putin is unhealthy. I do have a genuine concern that she’ll see an avenue out of all the flak she’s taking by committing British troops to some sort of misguided misadventure in Ukraine.

Really milking the Putin fixation....irony is, if ever mainstream media decided to take a look at the tenuous Russian links with Johnson et al many would be in for a surprise...although the Tory Zealots would happily accept regardless.

2 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Problem is we jot getting a GE so it will just be another utter knob who I dislike . The musical chairs all well and good but meanwhile country goes to the dogs . Labour will win the next GE but they will be faced with the sort of shit show that cannot be fixed in one term in offi e.

That's why I'm saying I wonder if self interest will kick in with the redwall MPs defecting. I don't mean from truss to sunak or something, I mean from the Tory's to labour or libdems, to give themselves a chance at the next election. If that happens in numbers, we could get to a point where there's a chance of a VoNC. 

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Causing a crisis so they can line the pockets of those who don't need it and reacting by cutting the money of those who do! They are genuine monsters. 

Yes, they are, and anybody from the left who doesn’t do everything they can to get rid of these monsters need a sharp slap around the face.The media who back this should be shunned like an Amish outcast. Truss is a vapid extremist who is willing to crash the economy and destroy the currency in a gamble for growth, which won’t work and would only benefit a few. They must be beaten. 

Now they've had time to be digested it's looking like what she thought would be softball local radio interviews are instead sounding more and more like a car crash. 

She's out of her depth. Here she is reassuring the people of Lancashire on her franking policy.

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It shows you once again how badly she's been advised, she clearly thought doing the local radio rounds would be a Partridge fest but they're some of the best in the business. If you want an easy ride go and see Laura K on Sunday, fucking hell. 

It does show how out of touch those at the top of the Conservatives are. They didn't help themselves by sacking experienced civil servants who know the pitfalls. Kwarteng sacked the main treasury civil servant on his first day as Chancellor, worked out well.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

It does show how out of touch those at the top of the Conservatives are. They didn't help themselves by sacking experienced civil servants who know the pitfalls. Kwarteng sacked the main treasury civil servant on his first day as Chancellor, worked out well.

I think with Trump and Johnson's 'philosophy', this was always going to happen in the western world.

Once you discredit academics, doctors, senior civil servants, intelligence chiefs and all the rest of it and basically just give your mates their jobs - it all goes to shit. 

That's why the likes of Hitler and Putin end up fucking up, because they're nobody in the room to say 'what the fuck?'.

Sometimes you need a what the fuck. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think with Trump and Johnson's 'philosophy', this was always going to happen in the western world.

Once you discredit academics, doctors, senior civil servants, intelligence chiefs and all the rest of it and basically just give your mates their jobs - it all goes to shit. 

That's why the likes of Hitler and Putin end up fucking up, because they're nobody in the room to say 'what the fuck?'.

Yep, Power feeds the ego. Kwarteng has apparently been up his own arse for a long time anyway. He's also been up someone else's arse if the rumours are correct.

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

They sacked him because they knew he knew this plan was crackpot and they don't care. Everyone thinks this is some type of experimental accident. It really isn't. It's kwarteng's (and his backers) objective. Nobody who was an analyst in capital markets at the firms he was, thought for a second the markets would react well to this mini budget without any costings and OBR oversight. This plan needed the experts in the room to be kicked out. The tax cuts really aren't the issue here. It's the lack of a forecasting around it. It's not been a budget, it's been an ideological slam dunk. 

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

And you could actually say it hasn't been too different at Liverpool city council. People running around doing what the fuck they want because there's nobody to challenge them. 

• Upvote 1

All this is all bollocks though isn't it? A specific, oft repeated and concerted narrative with Truss and her Chancellor as the problem, when its been a succession of Tory cunts responsible for the state of things. The party collectively rather than just certain individuals are culpable for everything that's gone on. They've all got blood on their hands.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, the chimp said:

All this is all bollocks though isn't it? A specific and concerned narrative with Truss and her Chancellor as the problem, when its been a succession of Tory cunts responsible for the state of things 

These are the ultra Tories though. The fringes of the party in power and ripping everything to shreds. Yes it’s 12 years in, but these are the horrror show. 

• Upvote 1