You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, PestiRed said:

Pound dropped to 1.03 before coming back up to 1.06

or as Kwasi would put it, sterling has increased by 3%, yahoo

Maybe the grand plan was to fill the whole of the UK with American tourists?

In the words of Eddie Dempsey, they're having a disco up there, bankers being paid in Dollars.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/markets/article-11248349/Dollar-delivers-bonus-boost-City-bankers-working-Wall-Street-firms.html

1 hour ago, PestiRed said:

Pound dropped to 1.03 before coming back up to 1.06

or as Kwasi would put it, sterling has increased by 3%, yahoo

They would actually say that as well the cheeky pricks.

Nice to see a freeze in pay for those greedy public sector workers now those earning a million a year have had an 11k tax cut

She might not make Christmas at this rate, Burley just read out a text she (Sky) had just received from a former Tory MP and Minister that said

"Liz is ****, she is **** at basic economics, she is taking on the markets and the bank of England. Her, Kwasi, Phil and Simon are playing A Level economics with peoples lives. They are already putting letters in and they think she will crash the economy, something has to give".

Tin hat on time. Johnson was forced to resign over an offence which won't make his top 10, the fat cunt. The money men behind him decided he needed a breather, they install Lizzy and make an absolute killing. While she destroys the economy they get richer, Labour's job gets harder by the day and after them having to make tough grown up decisions to fix the mess they are outed after 4 years for Johnson to return and start another beautiful 12 year cycle.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, No2 said:

Tin hat on time. Johnson was forced to resign over an offence which won't make his top 10, the fat cunt. The money men behind him decided he needed a breather, they install Lizzy and make an absolute killing. While she destroys the economy they get richer, Labour's job gets harder by the day and after them having to make tough grown up decisions to fix the mess they are outed after 4 years for Johnson to return and start another beautiful 12 year cycle.

Imo that's not as outlandish as it reads. I wouldn't be surprised if you're not far wide of the target there. The political media such as Kuensburg etc would fuel it, 'Boris has got his mojo back' blah blah blah.

Hearing on the grapevine Sunak and Starmer to lead government of national unity, Truss to be fired into the phantom zone (but it'll take at least six months before she notices), Scotland to declare independence and 80s Annie Lennox to rule with an iron rod with immediate effect. Ireland to undergo reunification and be renamed 'the Shire', under direct rule of Jim McDonald. Welsh capital to be moved to Rhyl. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Gooch said:

Yep, this budget means higher inflation for longer, so they have no choice but to jack up rates further to compensate, 1% being the number mentioned at least. It’s going to be a rough winter.

I mean I can understand the energy bail out but I’d have left the NI as it was and as for the cut to the top rate of tax words just fail me, I honestly can’t wrap my head around that

27 minutes ago, Gooch said:

Yep, this budget means higher inflation for longer, so they have no choice but to jack up rates further to compensate, 1% being the number mentioned at least. It’s going to be a rough winter.

Higher inflation and borrowing costs for the masses to fund the handout to the 1%. 1.8 million over the next 12 months coming off their fixed low interest mortgage rates will be in for a hell of a shock.

3 minutes ago, clangers said:

Higher inflation and borrowing costs for the masses to fund the handout to the 1%. 1.8 million over the next 12 months coming off their fixed low interest mortgage rates will be in for a hell of a shock.

I was dubious about fixing back in 2019 as the 2.6% rate seemed a bit high compared to the interest rates at the time. Fuck me I'm glad I did, and until 2026 when hopefully these cunts will be a long distant memory of a nightmare.

• Upvote 1