You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arthur - amazing or shit?

Jose Jones

Amazing or shit?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What's it to be?

• Amazing
    • Shit

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Maybe I'm old school but I'd rather judge players on their performance in matches, not on the training pitch. Paul McGrath's training regimen consisted of lifting a can to his mouth 600 times a day and it didn't stop him playing like an Irish Baresi.

Yes. Clemence apparently disliked diving too much in training. He'd stand and watch the shots fly into the corners and just shake his head. Conversely, we have often been assured how good Keita has been looking doing the rondos. FSG must love the 'You MUST get someone, anyone, before the deadline'/'Why the feck diid you get HIM?' nonsense. It must really amuse them.

3 hours ago, Strontium said:

Maybe I'm old school but I'd rather judge players on their performance in matches, not on the training pitch. Paul McGrath's training regimen consisted of lifting a can to his mouth 600 times a day and it didn't stop him playing like an Irish Baresi.

One of my favourite stories is Ireland locking him in his hotel room and stationing a coach on a chair outside, without realising there was a mini bar and he was in a drunken coma when they went to get him for breakfast.

The lad has literally not played since early May - had no pre-season and didn't even play in a single pre-season game and came on for less than 15 mins for us off the back of a few days training 

I doubt very much that the so called stories of us sending him back in Jan are true - given the state of our midfield options i'd bet this lad will be needed a fair bit from when we start back uo again in a couple of weeks to the end of the season - unless we decide to buy in Jan.

He should be able to get to a decent fitness level in next 2 weeks - so we'll see what he is like after that.

2 hours ago, Code said:

Dont know much about him, think his passing might be his best strength.

Hope he has some pace.

Only seven players in the world currently have pace. All the others have no pace. This was established by a special panel of fat blokes sitting in front of their tellies.