You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

57 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Whether by design or circumstance, when he found himself out left tonight I thought he looked better. Far easier to stay inside with the whole line to look across and bending runs.

It's probably because his attributes favour playing off someone instead of being the pivot in the middle of everything.

The skillset needed to play in the middle of a 4-3-3 where that central player has to be so intelligent and needs to facilitate everybody else is few and far between and he just doesn't have it. Yet, hopefully.

• Upvote 1

Even though we won so well I couldn't help but feel bad for Nunez and I didn't even like the first half mainly because I was watching our attacking play and it seems like it's so often shots from long range with very little passing to try and get someone like Nunez in with a decent chance. I'm not saying it never happens, he gets those chances sometimes and he'll mess them up lately with the issues he's having but I really wonder if it's even going to work out for him at times. I hope it does but it's almost like he needs to be in a team that's more focused on him and getting the ball to him quickly (which might be partly why he's offside so often) and here that's not really happening.

It's clearly awesome when we have games where those longer range shots go in like last night and Fulham was one of the best games I've seen in ages so I'm not against that. I don't think it's a really consistent thing that'll work though and hope we can focus more on better awareness of other players and passing in the final third to go with those longer range shots. If we can do that maybe Nunez will naturally start scoring goals more often.

3 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He did fuck all wrong tonight. 

But he did fuck all either

I'm not slagging him off or anything, but I think he'd starting to lose the confidence in himself. It's bound to happen to a striker, when they go on such a baron spell. 

We should look to get a decent, slightly older central forward in January, even to relieve some of the pressure on Nunez 

47 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Salah scored a worldie but was awful outside of that. 

At this stage, I’d give Elliott a starting spot in attack. 

The run with the ball and the pass to put Trent clean through was especially bad, or when he chipped Ødegaard in the box only for him to stop Salah with a handball. 

Not key moments at all. 

9 minutes ago, Code said:

The run with the ball and the pass to put Trent clean through was especially bad, or when he chipped Ødegaard in the box only for him to stop Salah with a handball. 

Not key moments at all. 

I wasn’t talking about Elliott replacing Salah, it would be him taking one of the other two spots.

And if you think Salah was at an excellent level today,  you’ve only started watching him recently. There’s still major room for improvement there.

19 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I wasn’t talking about Elliott replacing Salah, it would be him taking one of the other two spots.

And if you think Salah was at an excellent level today,  you’ve only started watching him recently. There’s still major room for improvement there.

Im saying he was involved in three game changing situations.

1. His excellent goal.

2. The run with the ball and the pass to Trent that should be a goal 10 out of 10 times.

3. The stonewall penalty we never got.

If an attacking player contributes like that, he can almost put up a tent in the circle for the rest of the game for me. 

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

The difference when he has no time to think compared to when he has time to think is night and day.

That goal was superb and it was off the cuff. Should do more of that.

As soon as he scored it I absolutely knew somebody would say this on here to justify them not rating him. Its like a playbook of excuses preceded by 'but.'

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

As soon as he scored it I absolutely knew somebody would say this on here to justify them not rating him. Its like a playbook of excuses preceded by 'but.'

But it's the truth. He had no time to think for the goal and he took it brilliantly. He had a chance later in the first half where he had time on the ball and he dithered and got closed down.

I think somebody mentioned it, either earlier in this thread or the Burnley match thread, somebody should shout "man on" when he's in a goalscoring position. He'll barely miss.