You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - FAC Semi Final, Sat 16th Apr 2022 (3:30pm)

Trumo

Heading into town to watch it as I’m going to see Simple Minds at the Echo Arena tonight. Any recommendations for a good spot to watch it? Preferably somewhere that won’t be completely chocker, ideally fairly close to Hannover Street. I haven’t watched a match in town in years.

34 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Heading into town to watch it as I’m going to see Simple Minds at the Echo Arena tonight. Any recommendations for a good spot to watch it? Preferably somewhere that won’t be completely chocker, ideally fairly close to Hannover Street. I haven’t watched a match in town in years.

McCooleys in Concert Square is okay.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The Cornmarket on Fenwick St is tucked away and never that rammed mate. Near the courts and ideal for walking over the echo afterwards 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The Cornmarket on Fenwick St is tucked away and never that rammed mate. Near the courts and ideal for walking over the echo afterwards 

That sounds ideal mate, plenty of eateries round that part of town as well to grab something before heading to the Arena.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Hope we’re rewarded with a place in the final and the chance to win another glittering prize.

DAFE3CCA-1F0C-4304-A00F-D0DA8B3248E8.jpeg

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Yeah I should have said an old mens type boozer was what I was looking for. Being 51 I’d probably be the oldest swinger in town if I watched in Concert Square. 

Corn market’s perfect then. Decent size and a nice garden area and all. I think the only dickhead that’s ever been in there is me 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Yeah I should have said an old mens type boozer was what I was looking for. Being 51 I’d probably be the oldest swinger in town if I watched in Concert Square. 

That's something to be.

55 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I get a feeling Code was kidding. You pissed yet?

Haha not really.

Ive watched a lot of football in that McCooleys the last few years. Not any of our games though obviously. 

But had a good view every time and the bar has not been too busy. 

20211120_124940.jpg

6 minutes ago, Code said:

Haha not really.

Ive watched a lot of football in that McCooleys the last few years. Not any of our games though obviously. 

But had a good view every time and the bar has not been too busy. 

20211120_124940.jpg

It gets rammed for our games. I watched one or two a few years back in there. @rubble-rouser will remember me getting pushed down some stairs by some angry girl after the stoke league cup semi final. She absolutely launched me, thankfully only down about 5 and I landed on my feet. All because I was chatting her up then went she went to the bog I told her mate she was fitter..... 

For the best if anyone over 30 avoids that whole square. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

It gets rammed for our games. I watched one or two a few years back in there. @rubble-rouser will remember me getting pushed down some stairs by some angry girl. She absolutely launched me, thankfully only down about 5 and I landed on my feet. All because I was chatting her up then went she went to the bog I told her mate she was fitter..... 

Haha. 

Yes, I can see it getting packed for our games. 

A semi-final against City. I am gonna find this game difficult to enjoy. If I am watching us on telly, it is very rare that I don't give the match my full attention. This game tho, I am gonna just kind of put it on in the background and not get too sucked in. It really has the potential to cast a shadow on my mood for the rest of the evening - and my daughter has come home for the long weekend.

Come on, you mighty reds!

• Upvote 4