You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (H) - Sat 5th Mar 2022 (5:30pm)

Trumo

36 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I was expecting Alisson to have to battle again with two or three West Ham players surrounding at corners, but, surprisingly, Alisson didn't seem to have prepared any response (even though he was reduced to a gibbering wreck last time around), and, even more surprisingly, West Ham didn't seem that committed to the tactic this time around. So no problem. But I did think it was a bit strange that we hadn't at least planned something to give our keeper some protection - one forward stood right against him at the front, another stood behind him on the goalline and one blocked him running out. Alisson managed to punch the first corner away but it still looked a bit ominous.

Moss had a word with the west ham forwards on the 1st or 2nd corner of the game about impeding Allison. He even dragged Antonio all the way to the edge of the 18 yard box to make clear he wasnt standing on any nonesense. Fair play to Moss on that unlike the twat who reffed the game at their gaff and let them get away with it on every corner.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Moss had a word with the west ham forwards on the 1st or 2nd corner of the game about impeding Allison. He even dragged Antonio all the way to the edge of the 18 yard box to make clear he wasnt standing on any nonesense. Fair play to Moss on that unlike the twat who reffed the game at their gaff and let them get away with it on every corner.

Well spotted, I'd forgotten that.

It's that lack of consistency that niggles. As you say, at their place they were allowed to pretty much pin him to the ground (and that defeat could still prove crucial). Also, some refs will allow a keeper to retaliate by pushing opponents out the way, while another will consider giving a penalty. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gkmacca said:

What gets me about MOTD is that, if you only watched their pundits this season, you'd assume we were as tactically naive as Bielsa's Leeds and struggling as a consequence way down the league table. If they're being serious about the high line 'issue' then they really need to bring into the discussion why we have such a good defensive record over the past few years, why we manage to keep quite few clean sheets, acquired record numbers of points, and why we've managed to win the league, the Champions League and several other trophies whilst persevering with this 'dangerous' tactic. You can't just keep tut-tutting as if you've just found a glaring error that Klopp is too stupid to recognise. It's an insult to viewers a well as to the team.

Yeah…but…disallowed goals blah blah 

1 hour ago, m0e said:

IMG-20220306-WA0002.jpg

Yeah but Gini blah blah blah etc 

People are basically idiots. Once I accepted this I was able to live a life full of peace and serenity.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, therevivalist said:

Anybody else observed that Mane is a changed man ever since he came back from his Africa cup win. Or perhaps since the signing of Diaz? I reckon both have played their part in the revival of Mane.

He probably suits playing in the middle more now, as he gets older.