You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cardiff (H) – FAC 4th Rnd, Sun 6th Feb 2022 (12:00pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

Sam Matterface. He's beyond parody.   Just listen to his horrendous intro to these highlights. Shocking stuff:

It's got that bad that I am happy with anybody who doesn't appear to actively dislike us, no matter their actual ability , and Matterface passes.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Sam Matterface. He's beyond parody.   Just listen to his horrendous intro to these highlights. Shocking stuff:

An absolute twat of a commentator. He's got every fucking cliché in the book. And when he pretends to get really excited he makes his voice break to make himself sound all emotional. Stupid fake cunt. 

14 hours ago, Anubis said:

“Champions of Europe, you’ll never sing that.” is superficially amusing until you realise its being sung in the main by men who weren’t born when Forest won the European Cup, and so they never have, nor will they ever sing it themselves.

I must admit I did chuckle hearing Forest fans sing that to Leicester!

• Upvote 1

Only saw the goals but listened to the game on the radio.

The Talksport pundits were indignant Kev wasn't sent off and Cardiff didn't have a penalty. Chew on that dickheads.

To be fair, we can't really complain, Norwich at home is a great draw and if we get through, you can smell Wembley. A part of me was happy Chelsea got through in the hope they might play City in the next round and it be a nasty one for Pep's plucky lot, but no they had to get Peterborough. 

A final, last 16 in Europe, a cup run and an outside chance of winning the league isn't bad at all.

8 hours ago, gkmacca said:

He makes Alan Partridge sound professional, and, well, more real than this twat! You can imagine Matterface the night before, frowning, chewing on a pencil, thinking, 'I know, I'll start with a reference to Her Majesty....' Worra dick!

Was it him on the United game the other day that said ‘we don’t talk  about Bruno’ as he stepped up for pen?! 

8 hours ago, gkmacca said:

He makes Alan Partridge sound professional, and, well, more real than this twat! You can imagine Matterface the night before, frowning, chewing on a pencil, thinking, 'I know, I'll start with a reference to Her Majesty....' Worra dick!

Jibbed Natalie Sawyer off too, unforgivable. 

• Upvote 1

I dont believe it was a penalty for Cardiff. Their player moved away from the ball and "initiated contact" - in PGMOL parlance. (In plain English he tried to cheat his way to a penalty).

I think it should definitely have been a red card for Kelleher though. Very lucky on that one. Even though Konate was going to cover behind, I think if the attacker had skipped past Kelleher there would have been a very good angle for a shot into an empty net. Also a good chance that the tackle could have easily been deemed dangerous play. 

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Only saw the goals but listened to the game on the radio.

The Talksport pundits were indignant Kev wasn't sent off and Cardiff didn't have a penalty. Chew on that dickheads.

To be fair, we can't really complain, Norwich at home is a great draw and if we get through, you can smell Wembley. A part of me was happy Chelsea got through in the hope they might play City in the next round and it be a nasty one for Pep's plucky lot, but no they had to get Peterborough. 

A final, last 16 in Europe, a cup run and an outside chance of winning the league isn't bad at all.

Talksports pundits in being cunts shocker!

18 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t think it was a penalty but if it’s been given on the pitch, it wouldn’t have been overturned.

Same with the Keheller incident. It was more a bad tackle than a goal scoring incident. I think if a midfielder caught a player in the middle of the park with his studs up like that, he’d be sent off.

Anyhoo, it’s all irrelevant. IMO we’d have won even if we’d have to come from 0-1 down or with 10 men. It wasn’t a 5 star performance by any means, but I didn’t think for 1 second we wouldn’t win. 

Same with the Keheller incident. It was more a bad tackle than a goal scoring incident. I think if a midfielder caught a player in the middle of the park with his studs up like that, he’d be sent off.

You mean like when Kane did it ? Just highlighting the inconsistency. Personally I think they need to assess if it was a deliberate take out or a misjudgement. Seen far worse go uncarded.

2 hours ago, suzy said:

Was it him on the United game the other day that said ‘we don’t talk  about Bruno’ as he stepped up for pen?! 

I didn't watch that. But he's absolutely terrible. I heard him commentate on a game on the radio a while back - he genuinely didn't seem to realise that radio listeners don't normally watch TV at the same time, because he'd say stuff like, 'The ball's now on the right' (where on the right? Their half? Our half? Which team has it???), and 'Ooh, that doesn't look good (apparently it was a tackle, but that only became evident about a couple of minutes later), and there were lots of occasions when, although by the sound of the crowd it was clear the action was going on, he preferred to natter with Stuart Pearce about punk rock bands from the late 70s. He's astoundingly stupid. And then there's his pre-prepared phrases, which are always too long, too forced and too silly to tolerate. And ITV hire this guy as their main commentator - it's beyond comprehension!

56 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

I dont believe it was a penalty for Cardiff. Their player moved away from the ball and "initiated contact" - in PGMOL parlance. (In plain English he tried to cheat his way to a penalty).

Jota had a similar one a while back and the rest of the footballing world decided it wasn't a penalty so they can fuck off if they think that one was.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Same with the Keheller incident. It was more a bad tackle than a goal scoring incident. I think if a midfielder caught a player in the middle of the park with his studs up like that, he’d be sent off.

You mean like when Kane did it ? Just highlighting the inconsistency. Personally I think they need to assess if it was a deliberate take out or a misjudgement. Seen far worse go uncarded.

The refs seem to have a huge unwritten set of explanatory guidelines about those tackles. Sometimes any tackle appears to be fine so long as the victim's foot is off the ground. Sometimes any tackle is okay so long as it doesn't break any bone. And Peter Walton and other ex-refs have said that yesterday's tackle was okay because it was ankle high rather than shin or knee high. On the other hand, of course, any of these tackles could be a red if the ref thinks it is. So that's cleared that up!

5 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Both were given as yellows, that is consistent!

I know why you mean though. Kanes tackle was worse IMO, it was a 2 footed lunge, Keheller caught him on the way down after missing the ball.

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Both were given as yellows, that is consistent!

I know why you mean though. Kanes tackle was worse IMO, it was a 2 footed lunge, Keheller caught him on the way down after missing the ball.

I don’t think Kellehers was worthy of a red card for the foul, it will have hurt but it was neither intentionally nasty, overly forceful or particularly rash, it was clumsy and a bit reckless but a yellow sufficed.

that said, he was defo last man and as seen in the later game with the goal ihenacho scored, the covering defender didn’t mean a lot.

id have been furious if that’s not a sending off if it’s up the other end.

1 minute ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I don’t think Kellehers was worthy of a red card for the foul, it will have hurt but it was neither intentionally nasty, overly forceful or particularly rash, it was clumsy and a bit reckless but a yellow sufficed.

that said, he was defo last man and as seen in the later game with the goal ihenacho scored, the covering defender didn’t mean a lot.

id have been furious if that’s not a sending off if it’s up the other end.

I agree. 

Him being so far out his goal is a yellow and the quality (or lack of) the tackle was a yellow. 

He was very lucky. 

They were both borderline, but there'd be plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth on here over both the Konate and Kelleher incidents had been from their centre-half and goalkeeper. There's no bigger echo chamber among fans of a club than refereeing decisions. 

I didn't think Kelleher was a red card because it was careless more than reckless - he just mistimed his kick and caught the player afterwards. He didn't just go into the tackle to clear him out or go in dangerously like Kane. 

3 minutes ago, aws said:

I didn't think Kelleher was a red card because it was careless more than reckless - he just mistimed his kick and caught the player afterwards. He didn't just go into the tackle to clear him out or go in dangerously like Kane. 

Does that apply, though? There was no way Griezmann intended booting Firmino in the head either and that was a straight red. 

Kane is irrelevant, unfortunately. As England captain he can do whatever he wants knowing he’ll get a yellow at most. 

Kelleher went to clear the ball (mostly) using the side of his foot. He was slightly late but considering he was haring out of his penalty area, I thought he put remarkably little force into the challenge, so I can see why it wasn't a red. Was certainly close mind.

Refs don't seem to class them as DOGSO when it's that far out, unless there's literally nobody else nearby. Halve the distance to goal and they might rethink but that far out they seem to just be reluctant.

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Does that apply, though? There was no way Griezmann intended booting Firmino in the head either and that was a straight red. 

Kane is irrelevant, unfortunately. As England captain he can do whatever he wants knowing he’ll get a yellow at most. 

Special rules seem to apply to the head.  Probably because of the level of danger. If Kelleher had taken a full swing, missed and cleared him out then that would have been a red (but not for Pickford) but he just tried to kick the ball in fairly normal fashion and missed. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gkmacca said:

I didn't watch that. But he's absolutely terrible. I heard him commentate on a game on the radio a while back - he genuinely didn't seem to realise that radio listeners don't normally watch TV at the same time, because he'd say stuff like, 'The ball's now on the right' (where on the right? Their half? Our half? Which team has it???), and 'Ooh, that doesn't look good (apparently it was a tackle, but that only became evident about a couple of minutes later), and there were lots of occasions when, although by the sound of the crowd it was clear the action was going on, he preferred to natter with Stuart Pearce about punk rock bands from the late 70s. He's astoundingly stupid. And then there's his pre-prepared phrases, which are always too long, too forced and too silly to tolerate. And ITV hire this guy as their main commentator - it's beyond comprehension!

Haha what a loon.