You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf - 2022

Captain Turdseye

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

I think he was 150/1 beforehand, maybe even more. Doesn’t matter now anyway, the tournament is over. My only hope of winning some money is Ancer getting into the places, preferably on his own and not part of a tie. 

Did he win? I was going to stick a quid or two but had no money.

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Did he win? I was going to stick a quid or two but had no money.

Nah, he was in a tie for the lead at one point yesterday but Horschel is now running away with it. There was an article in The Athletic earlier in the week bigging up Horschel. I should have listened to them. 

F3BAA570-16B4-45B5-BC9C-EDF581D5229B.jpeg

On 01/06/2022 at 16:03, Captain Turdseye said:

DJ has decided to play in the Saudi event. 

I tell you what, that new Netflix series that’s currently being filmed is gonna be superb. 

Now there’s news coming out that Bryson and Patty Reid are joining too. 

It sounds shite. Shotgun starts. Fuck’s that all about?

• Upvote 1

Gonna get ugly.

PGA Tour suspends 17 players after involvement in the Saudi-backed LIV International Golf Series; PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan says "players have made choice for financial-based reasons" and "cannot demand the same benefits and opportunities" as other PGA Tour golfers

24 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Going by this thread interest in golf is at an all time low.

Certainly on here it appears to be. I’m looking forward to later though. Not a universal opinion I know, but I hope Rory gets on a charge early doors. Just about kept himself in it yesterday.

Will obviously need something special today. I think -5 or possibly-6 wins it. 

23 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Certainly on here it appears to be. I’m looking forward to later though. Not a universal opinion I know, but I hope Rory gets on a charge early doors. Just about kept himself in it yesterday.

This course can wreck your card on 2 or 3 holes ask Scotty. Seriously impressed with Rory's putting working with Faxon seems to be helping. Love Fitzpatrick, such a patient golfer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Going by this thread interest in golf is at an all time low.

I watched most of Thursday & Friday. I got kicked out of the living room last night so the kids could wrap up the Father’s Day presents. When I left Scheffler was -6 and when I came back down he was -1. 

All I’ve got left is a straight fiver on Sam Burns and a stupid double that has next to no chance. 

72381122-8714-4AA4-8677-FE0A1B46162B.png

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

His putting on the back 9 last night was as good as it's ever been. Frustrating as fuck that his driving and wood play let him down when usually he's great with the driver.

• Upvote 1