You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Energy Prices

Captain Howdy

16 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Absolute mugs, the lot of you. Rico’s in here almost every day banging on again and again about smart meters. What he’s not saying is that you have to plug them in, therefore using more electricity than you normally would. 

taps-if.gif

That's because the smart meter is actually the thing that's connected to the grid.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Absolute mugs, the lot of you. Rico’s in here almost every day banging on again and again about smart meters. What he’s not saying is that you have to plug them in, therefore using more electricity than you normally would. 

taps-if.gif

Ha. I’ve told you all before, I’ve got literally millions of the fuckers to get on the wall - every little helps. 

7 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Great news.  Hopefully I’m being pessimist but I’m sure at the time we were told to get back to full capacity would take a looong time.  

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Going to need to increase the cap price per unit. They are clearly in the shit.

They're just laughing at us all. Politicians with shares in these companies will have no will to point out how wrong this is while people are struggling. There will be no effort made try to make them do their bit for society.

41 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Who’s pockets does that £9 billion go into @Rico1304?

Is it just dividends to shareholders or does it get divvied up in boss’s bonuses?

It’s up to them.  They can pay a dividend (which I think they are) or buy back stock.  Bosses bonuses are likely to be linked to profit so they’ll get paid too.   Lots of the profit is made outside of the U.K. 

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s up to them.  They can pay a dividend (which I think they are) or buy back stock.  Bosses bonuses are likely to be linked to profit so they’ll get paid too.   Lots of the profit is made outside of the U.K. 

So let’s say for example, and remember I’m thick, there’s £5 billion net profit left at the end of the year, after all the dividends and bonuses have been paid, that money just sits in Shell’s accounts forevermore?

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

So let’s say for example, and remember I’m thick, there’s £5 billion net profit left at the end of the year, after all the dividends and bonuses have been paid, that money just sits in Shell’s accounts forevermore?

It could but cash sitting on a balance sheet is very inefficient.  

12 minutes ago, Mudface said:

So best to stick it into an ISA or Premium Bonds?

Someone I used to know is in wealth management. As I understand it he now works high up in HSBC (edit: he’s now at UBS Wealth Management)so these kinds of people will advise where huge sums should be invested. It will be put in places most wouldn’t even consider as it’s a network that’s only available to the super wealthy.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/dean-turner

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

It could but cash sitting on a balance sheet is very inefficient.  

They’d be better off investing it in projects with a higher return than bank interest rates, or buying back shares from shareholders.  That way future profits are shared amongst fewer investors.  This isn’t really my area of expertise- maybe Mook would know more. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1