You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry Kane

Bjornebye

Where will he end up next season?   

134 members have voted

1. 1. Where will he end up next season?

They can't sell him unless he hurts his back, badly. They price they would need isn't achievable, selling him his essentially selling any chance of making CL football and the money that goes with that. Selling him to Man Utd is selling him to the one club they could target surpassing and giving up all hope of ever being good. Backing him to stay at Spurs would be buying money.

39 minutes ago, No2 said:

They can't sell him unless he hurts his back, badly. They price they would need isn't achievable, selling him his essentially selling any chance of making CL football and the money that goes with that. Selling him to Man Utd is selling him to the one club they could target surpassing and giving up all hope of ever being good. Backing him to stay at Spurs would be buying money.

We sold Coutinho and look how that worked out for us? It doesn't have to be like that. 

I think it is a bit unfair to have a got at him - he is 28, not 22. By his age Gerrard had won every single domestic trophy with us, so had a few memories to look back on. Kane has nothing, and he hasn't lifted a thing. He goes to City for 4 years he'll have at least 2 title, a champions league, 4 league cups and a few FA cups. Totti once said one league with Roma is worth 10 with anyone else - but he did actually win the league with Roma! Kane has won less than the Shite, and they've won nothing. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Why's the interview a slap in the face? He's already told Levy he wants to leave. He reportedly told Spurs he wanted to leave a year go and they told him "no stay we're getting Mourinho". He's been overly nice to Spurs, if anything.

Because the club are paying him 200k a week and he's got years left on his contract. To stand on a golf course with a sky sports camera on him and say ultimately it will be his choice is a slap in the face to his employers. 

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Because the club are paying him 200k a week and he's got years left on his contract. To stand on a golf course with a sky sports camera on him and say ultimately it will be his choice is a slap in the face to his employers. 

Ah. Didn't see the "it's my choice" thing.

18 minutes ago, Jockey said:

We sold Coutinho and look how that worked out for us? It doesn't have to be like that. 

I think it is a bit unfair to have a got at him - he is 28, not 22. By his age Gerrard had won every single domestic trophy with us, so had a few memories to look back on. Kane has nothing, and he hasn't lifted a thing. He goes to City for 4 years he'll have at least 2 title, a champions league, 4 league cups and a few FA cups. Totti once said one league with Roma is worth 10 with anyone else - but he did actually win the league with Roma! Kane has won less than the Shite, and they've won nothing. 

I never had a go at him, just saying I can't see how a sale can happen without him acting the absolute cunt. And he's not Coutinho, Phil was one of handful of great players, Spurs are as close to a one man team as we were at times in the 2000s.

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

I never had a go at him, just saying I can't see how a sale can happen without him acting the absolute cunt. And he's not Coutinho, Phil was one of handful of great players, Spurs are as close to a one man team as we were at times in the 2000s.

Haha - sorry, that wasn't to you! Just didn't want to post again! I get your point about the difference, but I think it can make a difference if you spend it well. 

2 hours ago, Jockey said:

Erm, yes.

He won it in 2000/01.

2 hours ago, Jockey said:

He played a nice cross field pass in Madrid. 

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Why's the interview a slap in the face? He's already told Levy he wants to leave. He reportedly told Spurs he wanted to leave a year go and they told him "no stay we're getting Mourinho". He's been overly nice to Spurs, if anything.

Imagine if Pogba or Rashford did an interview with Xavi on the golf course talking about leaving Utd with 3 years left on his contract? How would Gary Neville feel about that? 

It's fucking disgusting. If he wants to have a discussion with Levy, then maybe he should have the discussion with Levy and not a cheerleader of a prospective buyer. 

If Salah did it, I'd be livid

• Upvote 2

Of course he should leave Spurs at this stage if he wants to win a few things, but he’s a complete shitehawk to do that interview with that other shitehawk Neville. 

5 hours ago, Stickman said:

So if he goes to Utd does that mean the protests stop ?

It probably does. 

9 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Imagine if Pogba or Rashford did an interview with Xavi on the golf course talking about leaving Utd with 3 years left on his contract? How would Gary Neville feel about that? 

It's fucking disgusting. If he wants to have a discussion with Levy, then maybe he should have the discussion with Levy and not a cheerleader of a prospective buyer. 

"I tell you what he's totally disrespected united has Rashford.. I used to hold the people in Liverpool in high esteem but not any more, they've gone way down in my estimation since rashford said something completely unrelated them"

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It's funny how nobody has an issue with someone expressing a desire to move from one job to another, except when it's a sportsman, then suddenly it's a really big issue and you're a cunt for even thinking about it.

To be fair, when someone wants to move, say, to another bank there aren’t many Nat West/Barclays/Santander fans about to give a shit.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

City or United.

Shame, he'd be ideal for us. But we're more likely to commit hara-kiri than sign Harry Kane.

We've had our fill of injured players without buying another crocked fucker. Liverpool rehab fc. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

To be fair, when someone wants to move, say, to another bank there aren’t many Nat West/Barclays/Santander fans about to give a shit.

True enough, but again in the real world, if someone was on a 200k p/w contract with three years to run, it would only cost a prospective employer about £30m to buy it out, and we all know that when Kane is transferred, Spurs will get a lot more than that. As usual, football continues to be a law unto itself.

Appearances 244

Goals 165

He's 27 now and Spurs his only club. He has very little to show for it all in terms of honours given his talent.

I think if he wants to talk about leaving with a few years on his contract then he's earned the right. Cunts would have run it down to the wire and gone for peanuts . Spurs are going to get a massive windfall and Kane a new club with the ambition and finance to win things.  I wish we could sign him . 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

True enough, but again in the real world, if someone was on a 200k p/w contract with three years to run, it would only cost a prospective employer about £30m to buy it out, and we all know that when Kane is transferred, Spurs will get a lot more than that. As usual, football continues to be a law unto itself.

Football stopped being in the real world when Sky decided that they owned it. Fans , however, have always loved their own teams and take offence if they think someone is taking the piss. Hence the Kane ‘outrage’ and quite frankly I wouldn’t want it any other way. Must be a ‘legacy’ fan thing.

29 minutes ago, Razoray said:

I think Levy was well aware before that Kane wants to leave. This isn't some revelation.

Also, if Salah did that, it would be weird given what he's won at the club. Kane has a right to be sick of Spurs, to be honest. He's within his rights to believe that, even with a contract extension not long ago, Spurs haven't been competitive enough since. In terms of what players have done to try to get moves, this interview is very, very far from disgusting. If the big problem is that it's with Neville, ok, maybe it could have been with a presenter and not an ex-player. I don't get the big deal, but ok.

The part where I agree it's bad is when he says it's his choice what will happen. Clearly it won't be.