You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

15 minutes ago, redheart said:

Doesn't the rag lose money every year and has a net value of £0. 

If so keep it open to bleed more from Murdoch

It’s not about the money it makes, it’s about influence. I really hope it’s fucked up here. The NOTW closure was fantastic, the Scum closing down, now that would be a win.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, bossy said:

It’s not about the money it makes, it’s about influence. I really hope it’s fucked up here. The NOTW closure was fantastic, the Scum closing down, now that would be a win.

It was and would be a great day, but NOTW just became the Sunday s*n, so if it does fold, it’ll just rise again under another title as the influence for Murdoch and the right is too great, that pulpit someone said.

It also still kept BoJos WhatsApp’s and Osbounre email out of the headlines so the fuckers still win.

8 minutes ago, redrosetints said:

It was and would be a great day, but NOTW just became the Sunday s*n, so if it does fold, it’ll just rise again under another title as the influence for Murdoch and the right is too great, that pulpit someone said.

It also still kept BoJos WhatsApp’s and Osbounre email out of the headlines so the fuckers still win.

I'm not sure, if that title goes if it could be replaced. Nobody really buys newspapers now. People who do buy it are of an age where they probably don't move to anything else. Notw to the rag was easy as they were one in the same anyway and of course the rag can bring its daily following to a sinday. They could build something online and maybe more powerful as it will connect with a younger audience. But nobody, not even Murdoch, is building a new paper in this age. 

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not sure, if that title goes if it could be replaced. Nobody really buys newspapers now. People who do buy it are of an age where they probably don't move to anything else. Notw to the rag was easy as they were one and the same anyway and of course the rag can bring its daily following to a sinday. They could build something online and maybe more powerful as it will connect with a younger audience. But nobody, not even Murdoch, is building a new paper in this age. 

I hope you’re right and yes, you’re right circulation of papers has reduced but in spite of all that its still driven the national media agenda for 3 days and taken from other potential topics which would maybe have harmed its ideological partners. I.e the tories 

I’ll just hope you’re correct 

5 minutes ago, redrosetints said:

I hope you’re right and yes, you’re right circulation of papers has reduced but in spite of all that its still driven the national media agenda for 3 days and taken from other potential topics which would maybe have harmed its ideological partners. I.e the tories 

Young people don't read newspapers, but sadly they aren't voting either.

10 minutes ago, redrosetints said:

Yes, they can still drive news cycles, but I think that's true of any of the remaining papers if they have a story, especially if it relates to something like the BBC. I'm definitely not saying they hold no sway now, they do. But I just don't think anyone is building something new again now. If this does to the rag what phone hacking did for notw, I think it's the end of that part of our news media. There's still plenty of cunts out there though..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Nobody really buys newspapers now. People who do buy it are of an age where they probably don't move to anything else

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Young people don't read newspapers, but sadly they aren't voting either.

I think anyone who is buying/reading print media is baked in as Baz points out, both physically and ideologically.

Disagree about young not voting, they vote in the same percentage as the overall population in the main.

At the very least young voters you can see are replacing numbers on the back end.

6 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Disagree about young not voting, they vote in the same percentage as the overall population in the main.

At the very least young voters you can see are replacing numbers on the back end.

Not in the UK they don't.

https://www.britishelectionstudy.com/bes-findings/age-and-voting-behaviour-at-the-2019-general-election/

If I read it right these points were omitted from the original coverage.

The BBC don't know the identity of the young person.

The step-father says he went to the police in desperation -  the police couldn't do anything as nothing illegal had happened. The step-father informed the BBC of this when in contact on May 19th. 

The young person issued a denial.

The young person is estranged from their mother.

Those points provide a completely different context.

I might be reading the below bit wrong as there are different parts of the BBC. It would mean the family didn't share or weren't allowed to share the identity of the young person when making the allegation. 

BBC News does not know the identity of the young person and has not spoken directly to them.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66159357.amp

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

Not in the slightest. I can’t get excited about signing players, most of whom I’ve never heard of, for tens of millions of pounds. I still like looking at new kits, but that said, it has all been done before and most of the new ones are crap. Euro 2020 was my first real exposure to VAR and I thought it was shite. I didn’t watch a moment of last year’s World Cup. December is for Quality Street and Matchmakers, not footy tournaments. Summers without a Common Wealth or Olympic Games are pretty boring.

Nothing like a sex scandal to fill the void eh Tone 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Not in the slightest. I can’t get excited about signing players, most of whom I’ve never heard of, for tens of millions of pounds. I still like looking at new kits, but that said, it has all been done before and most of the new ones are crap. Euro 2020 was my first real exposure to VAR and I thought it was shite. I didn’t watch a moment of last year’s World Cup. December is for Quality Street and Matchmakers, not footy tournaments. Summers without a Common Wealth or Olympic Games are pretty boring.

Deflecting from sex pests eh!

• Upvote 1