You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2021 Comp (Manager Poll & Team Name)

Bruce Spanner

Manager Situation?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to do?

• Same Manager (All have Klopp Clones)
    • Draft Managers

What are the timescales for who has the best team / squad etc? I need verification I at least talk a good game.

Also assume there will be a new thread for matches once the real competition starts? 

Did we settle in a January window?

Finally, did we settle on a schedule? A game per day or what?

I believe we find out who has the best side at the end of the season.

I think a January window would be interesting (with some limits). Also might be worth setting a limit on tactic revisions to stop people switching up every week, as that seems a bit untenable. Like 3 over the course of the season.

21 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

What are the timescales for who has the best team / squad etc? I need verification I at least talk a good game.

Also assume there will be a new thread for matches once the real competition starts? 

Did we settle in a January window?

Finally, did we settle on a schedule? A game per day or what?

I’ll see what I can cobble together.

I’ll start a new thread later.

I think a jan window is a good idea, max two swaps a team though or it become a pain.

Thinking two/three league games a day and stand alone days for cup comps.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I believe we find out who has the best side at the end of the season.

I think a January window would be interesting (with some limits). Also might be worth setting a limit on tactic revisions to stop people switching up every week, as that seems a bit untenable. Like 3 over the course of the season.

I thought the ‘manager’ would be responsible for tactical/formation changing. That was all part of the attributes and shit. 

Tweaking in January alongside the transfers sounds better to me. 

42 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I thought the ‘manager’ would be responsible for tactical/formation changing. That was all part of the attributes and shit. 

Tweaking in January alongside the transfers sounds better to me. 

I thought that was the job for the Manager we created (i.e. they would do it automatically, based on our instructions). We are going to be here years if we're actually picking the teams etc. for every game.

edit: misread Turds' post, nvm.  Yeah, no tweaks until January is sound too.

• 2 weeks later...

Forumites,

If @Bruce Spanner is good enough to do it, how about we keep this going for future seasons?

Do a proper summer window draft where players can nominate players they want to release or all sides are forced to release their best preforming player(s) and they are all drafted, starting with the bottom of the league first?

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Forumites,

If @Bruce Spanner is good enough to do it, how about we keep this going for future seasons?

Do a proper summer window draft where players can nominate players they want to release or all sides are forced to release their best preforming player(s) and they are all drafted, starting with the bottom of the league first?

Thoughts?

Bump so it’s not buried on the last page below so RiS ups.