You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Jesus that twitter stuff is a rabbit hole isn't it? Replies and comments just get weirder and weirder. It's mad how many of them throw around random comments about civil wars and shit yet you can tell they're lazy fat bastards who don't get out of bed before 2 o clock.

Hey fuck you man. No need for personal insults, leave us fatties outta this shitshow.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

Are you a parody account that's mocking some other poster on here? Genuine question, I spend most if my time on the FF and the Rita Ora threads so can't keep track of who's who in these serious threads.

That’s interesting - you thinking this is a serious thread.

No, I’m not a parody account, as far as I’m aware. Oh ok...I guess it’s a semi serious thread. Hard to take this modern world seriously though, most of the time.

Rita Ora - is she fit?

@Red Shift

Dig in fella - 50 ft rabbit hole here:

More than 2,600 votes have reportedly been uncovered in Georgia amid its recount process that weren’t previously included in the state’s overall tally of ballots in the presidential election. 

The ballots, Sterling said, hadn’t previously been included in the state’s unofficial tally because they hadn’t been uploaded from a ballot scanning machine’s memory card. 

Sterling called the mishap “an amazing blunder” in comments to the paper, saying, “It’s not an equipment issue. It’s a person not executing their job properly.” 

According to the newspaper, Trump could see roughly 800 net votes added to his tally in the state as a result of the discovery.

1 hour ago, Red Shift said:

That’s interesting - you thinking this is a serious thread.

No, I’m not a parody account, as far as I’m aware. Oh ok...I guess it’s a semi serious thread. Hard to take this modern world seriously though, most of the time.

Rita Ora - is she fit?

Fair enough. As for Rita, you be the judge

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Red Shift

Dig in fella - 50 ft rabbit hole here:

More than 2,600 votes have reportedly been uncovered in Georgia amid its recount process that weren’t previously included in the state’s overall tally of ballots in the presidential election. 

The ballots, Sterling said, hadn’t previously been included in the state’s unofficial tally because they hadn’t been uploaded from a ballot scanning machine’s memory card. 

Sterling called the mishap “an amazing blunder” in comments to the paper, saying, “It’s not an equipment issue. It’s a person not executing their job properly.” 

According to the newspaper, Trump could see roughly 800 net votes added to his tally in the state as a result of the discovery.

Not surprised at all. Considering NZ Election 2020 had an ‘open’ budget, the scrimping on training meant that many officers were committing huge blunders in the field. It was a shambles and there will be a massive post mortem.

On 16/11/2020 at 08:19, Red Shift said:

That’s how I see it as well. Only hand counting (with checks and balances) can secure fair elections.

I don’t trust Dominion Voting Systems. Once you data base the count, ‘a few’ have control of the data of the many.

Turn it in soft lad, do you no longer use the banking system, health system, fucking library card systems as they are now digitised?

the point should not be that the use of technology is bad, it is that the system needs to be fair.

digital technology offers far greater access and

options for transparency, the problem is these things need to be publicly owned, independently managed and ratified (ie independent of state control), the use of technology like block chain can be used for verification of data security. 
the problem is the powers that be in western “democracies” right now want to wring every last bastard shilling out of the system for them and their buddy’s. Hence jails grow, ppe contracts go to cronies, and shit gets worse for joe q.

Digital voting systems could be used to increase democracy, the problem is republicans have been quite open for the last 40 years or

more, they don’t want democracy, they embrace voter suppression, because same as in the UK, if you had mandatory voting, and full voter turn out of >80%, the right would have to sharpen their act, or they would be fucked off sharpish.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Turn it in soft lad, do you no longer use the banking system, health system, fucking library card systems as they are now digitised?

the point should not be that the use of technology is bad, it is that the system needs to be fair.

options for transparency, the problem is these things need to be publicly owned, independently managed and ratified (ie independent of state control), the use of technology like block chain can be used for verification of data security. 
the problem is the powers that be in western “democracies” right now want to wring every last bastard shilling out of the system for them and their buddy’s. Hence jails grow, ppe contracts go to cronies, and shit gets worse for joe q.

Digital voting systems could be used to increase democracy, the problem is republicans have been quite open for the last 40 years or

more, they don’t want democracy, they embrace voter suppression, because same as in the UK, if you had mandatory voting, and full voter turn out of >80%, the right would have to sharpen their act, or they would be fucked off sharpish.

Has Nixon conceded to JFK yet?

From the Guardian

Donald Trump asked top aides last week about the possibility of striking Iran’s nuclear facilities in the coming weeks, according to a New York Times report.

During a meeting at the Oval Office on Thursday, the outgoing US president asked several top aides, including the vice-president, Mike Pence, the secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, and the chairman of the joint chiefs, Gen Mark Milley, “whether he had options to take action against Iran’s main nuclear site in the coming weeks”, the newspaper says.

The senior officials “dissuaded the president from moving ahead with a military strike”, warning him that an attack could escalate into a broader conflict in the final weeks of his presidency, the Times writes.

Trump reportedly asked the question after a report by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said Iran was continuing to stockpile uranium.

According to the Times, the most likely target of such a strike would have been Natanz, where the IAEA reported that Tehran’s “uranium stockpile was now 12 times larger than permitted under the nuclear accord that Mr Trump abandoned in 2018”, three years after it was signed in an attempt to curb Iran’s nuclear capabilities.

Iran has long been Trump’s bete noire, and he reintroduced sanctions then tightened them even further after scrapping the nuclear accord.

European partners in the accord, which have struggled to keep the deal afloat despite Trump’s efforts to torpedo it, hope for a renewed diplomatic approach after Joe Biden’s election victory on 3 November, although Trump refuses to concede defeat.

The Trump administration has pledged to increase the punitive measures, which some critics see as an attempt to build a “wall of sanctions” that Biden would have difficulty dismantling when he takes office next year.

16 hours ago, Section_31 said:

When comparing left vs right, I think it's more interesting to talk about, say, Thatcher vs someone like Bevan. 

Stalin and Hitler are extremes and they're not even political opposites in many ways, it wasn't really a clash of ideologies as it was touted, it was cunt 1 vs cunt 2. 

Or take it to functional social democracies such as in the Scandinavian countries. Centrists (basically political Liberals) always give it fuck off to Cuba or Russia when you try argue about positivity of proper social democracy, the media barons and thus political powers never w at to discuss Norway’s sovereign wealth fund.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Whilst I agree with most of this the bolded bit at the end seems to be a bit strange.

Doesn't Oz have compulsory voting?

How's the right wing Govt? I thought they were all Climate deniers and Murdoch sex slaves. Is that not the case?

37 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I feel a lot calmer now;

I don't understand, this all powerful God who is going to intervene to overcome corruption. As God is all powerful why didn't they just intervene to prevent the corruption ? 

That chancer tried to sell the CIA NOC list to foreign interests.

3 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I feel a lot calmer now;

I don't understand, this all powerful God who is going to intervene to overcome corruption. As God is all powerful why didn't they just intervene to prevent the corruption ? 

Jon Voight is fucking nuts. No wonder his daughter wants fuck all to do with him.