You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

Under 25 benefit money is Under 10 quid a day and it nearly all goes straight back into the local economy. I don't think they save a lot. 

Cutting benefits always results in increased crime and social neglect. The jails are already full and the police won't want to know,  its a stick that's been tried and tried and tried with bad results. A fucking bonehead policy from a boneheaded politican. 

A lot of them seem to hate everyone. In this order..

Israel 

Starmer 

Rayner 

Blair

Centrists 

The BBC

Paul Mason

The Gaurdian 

You actually very rarely ever hear them mention the Tories. The odd "Tory scum" when the mood takes, but there's no real specifics. 

54 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

A lot of them seem to hate everyone. In this order..

Israel 

Starmer 

Rayner 

Blair

Centrists 

The BBC

Paul Mason

The Gaurdian 

You actually very rarely ever hear them mention the Tories. The odd "Tory scum" when the mood takes, but there's no real specifics. 

Not true with the girls I posted above. They my sisters friends so I'm

not going to speak for them but I can say they met up on the Saturday after the Sunak Friday night announcement and they were far from impressed. Not impressed at all. 

We as a nation can't afford to lose talent like this. They are the best in their field throughout the world. Liverpool and Britain lucky to have her. She's a red and she's a lovely soul. Pushing the boundaries in cardiology. They all are. These are NOT Tories. The Labour movement should be defending them. Nishat, my sisters best friend was Labour member. 

https://x.com/Sarah_Moharem?t=SohKsG5qdkaqKut4ZXCaHA&s=09

We can't lose people like that. It would be criminal. For Liverpool and for the country  We all should defend them. As we should all our NHS staff. They're hard to replace.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Are these woman complex? Are they 'fleas'

My sisters mates. Liverpool, Cardiff. They are everything that's great about this country.

https://x.com/Sarah_Moharem?t=SohKsG5qdkaqKut4ZXCaHA&s=09

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2666668521000409

they are not "islamist extremists' they are are not 'fleas' they are the best of us. 

America/Egypt/Liverpool.. the lady is the best of the best.  

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2666668521000409

What in hell would possess someone to neg a post which was defending a women like Sarah?

https://x.com/Sarah_Moharem?t=I6Z52tcQcVsMQfA78CSLAw&s=09

Because it was a load of embedded Twitter stuff that you posted twice.

I like you mate, have no problem with the points you make, but if people wanted to discuss things that were posted on Twitter they can do that on fucking Twitter.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Because it was a load of embedded Twitter stuff that you posted twice.

I like you mate, have no problem with the points you make, but if people wanted to discuss things that were posted on Twitter they can do that on fucking Twitter.

Well the topic of the past week has centered on the rhetoric from our politicans. 'Extremists' etc. The people in that post are real people and their opinions should matter and you can get a flavour there of what that opinion is. People won't be as dismissive if they or members of their family suffer heart problems. The politicans spouting bollocks to score cheap points will not be any help to them at all, its people such as in that post they'll need to turn to, that's if those doctors haven't fucked off. 

12 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This sort of shit annoys me: having a pop at a decent MP because his fundraising event is trying to raise funds.

These twats really have lost sight of who the enemy is.

Screenshot_2024-03-05-22-23-08-78_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Perhaps Merseyside Pensioner would have been happier had the MP offered free seats for the parents of those poverty-stricken children, so they could moan about how much of a piss take it is that they're being asked to give money to an MP when they can't feed their own children. Or maybe they would have been satisfied if the MP didn't fund raise for the election at all, so they could complain about how the MP's not really serious about taking on the Tories because they're all the same and this is the proof blah blah fucking blah.

I barely engage with twats like this anymore, on here, or on social media. Fortunately I rarely come across people as unreasonable and, ultimately, thick as Merseyside Pensioner in real life, but if I do, I just cross the road.

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

How do you know who they are?

My sister is good friends with the two who are from Cardiff. Their brother was the victim of a murder where the person who organised the killing is still on the run. I still get asked by my sisters to put the appeal out for any  information on the lads killer, which I do. Unfortunately I don't think theirs much hope of finding the fella now. 

Edit; Nish with her brother.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2022-04-11/familys-plea-for-justice-after-kind-loving-son-17-murdered-on-doorstep

We’ve got a branch meeting tonight. Don’t think I’m gonna go. We’re down to about six or seven ‘active’ members. All of them are on the town or borough council except me, so they’re more obliged to turn up I guess. I know that’s the only reason my mate’s going. He got elected onto the TC by accident. 

If we were expecting any new members I’d show up, try to make sure they stay, but tonight feels pretty pointless. 

I was planning on going the pub with my mate tonight anyway but I forgot I’ve got to do a speeding awareness course in the morning. Can’t be doing that with a hangover. 

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

We’ve got a branch meeting tonight. Don’t think I’m gonna go. We’re down to about six or seven ‘active’ members. All of them are on the town or borough council except me, so they’re more obliged to turn up I guess. I know that’s the only reason my mate’s going. He got elected onto the TC by accident. 

If we were expecting any new members I’d show up, try to make sure they stay, but tonight feels pretty pointless. 

I was planning on going the pub with my mate tonight anyway but I forgot I’ve got to do a speeding awareness course in the morning. Can’t be doing that with a hangover. 

Why not? Everyone knows people drive better when they're pissed.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Why not? Everyone knows people drive better when they're pissed.

I just hate getting up early after a bevvy. I need to lie around feeling sorry for myself for a couple of hours. 

It’s via Zoom at nine in the morning so I could have a cheeky spliff at 8:30 when she takes the kids to school. 

Labours response. The big Labour plan!  No it's not making those with the broadest shoulders pay their fair share, don't be silly. 

20240307_114451.jpg

It's a welfare to work plan. As hinted on by Liz Kendall the other day and Reeves today. After 14 years of an austerity led government this is now the big difference, except of course it isn't a difference at all. Its more George's Osbourne inspired right wing bollocks. What a dereliction of duty. What a missed opportunity. 0

At least Whitley and a few others in the Labour movement have had the good sense and courage to see through the rhetoric and call it what it is. 

Labours response. The big Labour plan!  No it's not making those with the broadest shoulders pay their fair share, don't be silly. 

20240307_114451.jpg

It's a welfare to work plan. As hinted on by Liz Kendall the other day and Reeves today. After 14 years of an austerity led government this is now the big difference, except of course it isn't a difference at all. Its more George's Osbourne inspired right wing bollocks. What a dereliction of duty. What a missed opportunity. 0

At least Whitley and a few others in the Labour movement have had the good sense and courage to see through the rhetoric and call it what it is. 

All the old hits are coming back out of the Tory box for another airing. 'Maxed out credit card' 'no money left' 'no magic money tree' 'living beyond our means' etc. 

They were false soundbites then, they are false soundbites now. Frances Ryan in todays Guardian is another to see through the latest outing of the right wing rhetoric. 

After 14 years we've now reached the bottom end of a government which is now one of the most unpopular in history through cronic underfunding of public services, widening inequality, gross profiteering through privatisation,  decreased wage values and unattainable house prices for the young. Yet Labours economic response is basically.. nothing. 

Working a treat though isn't it? Tory attack lines week after week are, erm, Jeremy Corbyn. Other than that it's made up shit like "Labour would tax topsides of beef and give you six bins".

Labour is trying to win back the red wall, nobody hates poor people like other poor people. The most anti benefits people I've ever met, ever, weren't moneyed toffs, they were (and are) self employed tradesmen.

Honestly Gansher, I'd love to see you get a little Momentum squad together and go pushing your patter door to door in working class Leigh or Blacon, then film the response and put it up on here. If you don't get chased down the street I'll eat my own balls.

All these commentators who are now claiming that there is little to choose between Labour and the Conservatives can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned - especially those from the supposedly left wing broadsheets. They all had the chance to get behind a genuine alternative to the neo lib shite we're enduring now a couple of years back, but they shit a brick and allowed all this to happen. Fuck them.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Working a treat though isn't it? Tory attack lines week after week are, erm, Jeremy Corbyn. Other than that it's made up shit like "Labour would tax topsides of beef and give you six bins".

Labour is trying to win back the red wall, nobody hates poor people like other poor people. The most anti benefits people I've ever met, ever, weren't moneyed toffs, they were (and are) self employed tradesmen.

Honestly Gansher, I'd love to see you get a little Momentum squad together and go pushing your patter door to door in working class Leigh or Blacon, then film the response and put it up on here. If you don't get chased down the street I'll eat my own balls.

I hardly think Victoria Derbyshire, a Labour MP and a journalist from the Guardian are the mad rabid guerrilla left wingers you seem to think they are. They are the ones in my post raising eyebrows. 

19 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

All these commentators who are now claiming that there is little to choose between Labour and the Conservatives can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned - especially those from the supposedly left wing broadsheets. They all had the chance to get behind a genuine alternative to the neo lib shite we're enduring now a couple of years back, but they shit a brick and allowed all this to happen. Fuck them.

Alternatively, we could have an opposition that could say their was a tangible difference.