You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It doesn't warrant any sort of dismissal though. 

Well, I totally accept that you don’t think it does. I actually think it’s more likely that he refusal to follow instruction on deleting it was probably the reason for sacking her. That seems more of a concern than this anti-left agenda people are concocting. Even then, I guess it’s up for debate as to what is grounds for dismissal. I guess we will see if anything else comes out. I would say that this seems like a deliberate message, because it’s now a big deal. It didn’t need to be. 

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Whatever a person's individual views of the sacking, Labour people would do well to learn the lessons of the past, and not tear the party to pieces over this issue yet again.

Its almost as if that was the plan from the start.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Whatever a person's individual views of the sacking, Labour people would do well to learn the lessons of the past, and not tear the party to pieces over this issue yet again.

True.

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

It's not controllable.

Also true.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The most disheartening, depressing and indeed boring thing about this is that you already knew who would be fuming about it and who'd be happy aboit it, based 110% on their previous views on Corbyn's leadership.

Truest. 

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The Equity that apologised for upsetting poor Laurence,  forcing their whole anti-racism committee to resign,  that Equity ?

To be clear, Equity provided a non-apology, which then prompted the anti racism committee to resign. No one was forced to do anything.  

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

Can you be anti-Israel (not anti it's existence of course) without being antisemitic? 

Yes. 

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

If a person is anti-English or anti-American, who are they racist towards? 

Anti-English/American, as in anti-England/America? If you’ve got an issue with the government, the way they act, their foreign policy, etc., then you’re not being racist towards anyone. 

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

Can you be anti-Israel (not anti it's existence of course) without being antisemitic? 

Depends who you say it too and their agenda. 

(I'm not talking about anyone on here) 

9 minutes ago, Numero said:

Yes. 

Anti-English/American, as in anti-England/America? If you’ve got an issue with the government, the way they act, their foreign policy, etc., then you’re not being racist towards anyone. 

Yes anti-England and anti-America (and some of the horrible bastards that inhabit these two countries)

So if I go on an ill informed rant about the horrible state of America, or the horrible state of England, and in my disgust at how they act I spout some inaccuracies, then I shouldn't be accused of racism?  (unless my spouting is in fact racist of course) 

8 minutes ago, Moo said:

Yes anti-England and anti-America (and some of the horrible bastards that inhabit these two countries)

So if I go on an ill informed rant about the horrible state of America, or the horrible state of England, and in my disgust at how they act I spout some inaccuracies, then I shouldn't be accused of racism?  (unless my spouting is in fact racist of course) 

If you say ‘I hate the English government because they are sneaky, just like all English people’ that’s racist.  

23 minutes ago, Moo said:

Definitely NOT.

You must never ever ever say anything remotely critical of Irael, Jews or Zionists or they WiLL come after you.

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

If you say ‘I hate the English government because they are sneaky, just like all English people’ that’s racist.  

So English is a race, yet Muslims aren’t. Your argument about being able to become a Muslim but not a black person seems to fall apart now you’ve said that when you consider you can be one English. 

Just saying...