You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

I can't think for the life of me why we're done with them...

These are just the big ones, theres loads more.

Tory Scandals.jpeg

I know it's only a small observation but twitter/comment sections etc are seeing far more swearing in them and I think it has moved from performative anger to a legitimate fury that these cunts are clinging on despite ruining the country.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I can't think for the life of me why we're done with them...

These are just the big ones, theres loads more.

Tory Scandals.jpeg

I know it's only a small observation but twitter/comment sections etc are seeing far more swearing in them and I think it has moved from performative anger to a legitimate fury that these cunts are clinging on despite ruining the country.

I've noticed on question time the audiences are much more anti Tory in the last six months, you frequently hear their panel guests being openly laughed at now.

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I've noticed on question time the audiences are much more anti Tory in the last six months, you frequently hear their panel guests being openly laughed at now.

And news readers have their tails up as well.

Burley isn’t taking any prisoners of late, Munchetty is dragging them all over the place and Today are openly hostile at times.

Almost like they feel a change is coming and the can take out some of the frustrations they’ve had over the past fourteen years of these cunts…

Only client journalist Kussenburg & Jo Coburn holding the fort on prime time, with various talking heads bulking out the loon quota.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

So glad they're focusing on people with mental health issues. That's the real issue in this country people suffering anxiety and depression.

What a set of twats these tories are 

I always knew there were a few the wrong side of the law on here due to their general deviant behaviour. 

Who knew that the Depression thread is frequented by the criminal classes, essentially hiding in plain sight. 

Names should be taken and passed to the relevant authorities.

I’ll be handing myself in as soon as I’m well enough to do so. By well enough, obviously mean when I stop being the scourge of society. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

I always knew there were a few the wrong side of the law on here due to their general deviant behaviour. 

Who knew that the Depression thread is frequented by the criminal classes, essentially hiding in plain sight. 

Names should be taken and passed to the relevant authorities.

I’ll be handing myself in as soon as I’m well enough to do so. By well enough, obviously mean when I stop being the scourge of society. 

Get in the queue.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, littletedwest said:

So glad they're focusing on people with mental health issues. That's the real issue in this country people suffering anxiety and depression.

What a set of twats these tories are 

Hopefully this will be the final nail in the coffin for them. 

Slash mental health services to the bone and then imply people are blagging it.

There is a huge mental health time bomb in thus country and I've seen v little support for it.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:
freestar

And news readers have their tails up as well.

Burley isn’t taking any prisoners of late, Munchetty is dragging them all over the place and Today are openly hostile at times.

Almost like they feel a change is coming and the can take out some of the frustrations they’ve had over the past fourteen years of these cunts…

Only client journalist Kussenburg & Jo Coburn holding the fort on prime time, with various talking heads bulking out the loon quota.

Kuenssberg is a fucking disgrace given the BBC and its supposed impartiality.

• Upvote 1

Snouts in the trough latest...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/apr/21/tory-mps-lucrative-second-jobs-stand-down-commons

'But analysis by the Observer has found that 34 members of that group, the vast majority of whom are current or former ministers, listed a net total of over £2.5m of expected annual income in the register of MPs interests.

One transparency campaigner said the findings suggested departing Tory MPs were “taking their eyes off the day job” and trying to “cash in on their political connections to secure lucrative jobs”.

While some of the jobs were for smaller sums, 11 MPs listed roles worth over £100,000 a year. At the top of the list was former justice secretary Brandon Lewis, who has taken on five new part-time roles worth £410,000 a year alongside his commitments as an MP.

The most lucrative were for LetterOne Holdings, an “international investment business”, and FM Conway, an infrastructure and road-building company that frequently works for local and national government.

Former chancellors of the exchequer Kwasi Kwarteng and Sajid Javid registered work worth £98,600 and £321,000 a year respectively, including, in Javid’s case, a £300,000-a-year part-time advisory role to Jersey-based investment firm Centricus Partners.

In January, former deputy prime minister Dominic Raab registered a £118,000-a-year role working for private equity firm Appian Capital, for which he needed to work for roughly a week of every month.

Some 26 of the departing MPs have also taken all-expenses-paid trips to the likes of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, usually paid for by lobbyists or the governments of foreign states.

Independent Beckenham MP Bob Stewart, who surrendered the Tory whip late last year before he successfully appealed against his conviction for a racially aggravated public order offence, registered eight foreign trips worth nearly £20,000.

Meanwhile, backbencher Lisa Cameron, who defected to the Conservatives from the SNP last year but is not to set to contest her seat in the next general election, registered six visits outside the UK, including one paid for by the government of Thailand and one by the government of Qatar.

Former business secretary and Cop26 president Alok Sharma listed some 11 subsidised trips worth over £95,000. That was alongside over £330,000-a-year’s worth of outside work. Sharma said: “Much of my travel outside the UK is related to voluntary and unpaid work I undertake to advance climate action. This includes travel to support greater ambition through the Cop process, including visits to the UAE which hosted Cop28 last year.”'

8 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Snouts in the trough latest...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/apr/21/tory-mps-lucrative-second-jobs-stand-down-commons

'But analysis by the Observer has found that 34 members of that group, the vast majority of whom are current or former ministers, listed a net total of over £2.5m of expected annual income in the register of MPs interests.

One transparency campaigner said the findings suggested departing Tory MPs were “taking their eyes off the day job” and trying to “cash in on their political connections to secure lucrative jobs”.

While some of the jobs were for smaller sums, 11 MPs listed roles worth over £100,000 a year. At the top of the list was former justice secretary Brandon Lewis, who has taken on five new part-time roles worth £410,000 a year alongside his commitments as an MP.

The most lucrative were for LetterOne Holdings, an “international investment business”, and FM Conway, an infrastructure and road-building company that frequently works for local and national government.

Former chancellors of the exchequer Kwasi Kwarteng and Sajid Javid registered work worth £98,600 and £321,000 a year respectively, including, in Javid’s case, a £300,000-a-year part-time advisory role to Jersey-based investment firm Centricus Partners.

In January, former deputy prime minister Dominic Raab registered a £118,000-a-year role working for private equity firm Appian Capital, for which he needed to work for roughly a week of every month.

Some 26 of the departing MPs have also taken all-expenses-paid trips to the likes of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, usually paid for by lobbyists or the governments of foreign states.

Independent Beckenham MP Bob Stewart, who surrendered the Tory whip late last year before he successfully appealed against his conviction for a racially aggravated public order offence, registered eight foreign trips worth nearly £20,000.

Meanwhile, backbencher Lisa Cameron, who defected to the Conservatives from the SNP last year but is not to set to contest her seat in the next general election, registered six visits outside the UK, including one paid for by the government of Thailand and one by the government of Qatar.

Former business secretary and Cop26 president Alok Sharma listed some 11 subsidised trips worth over £95,000. That was alongside over £330,000-a-year’s worth of outside work. Sharma said: “Much of my travel outside the UK is related to voluntary and unpaid work I undertake to advance climate action. This includes travel to support greater ambition through the Cop process, including visits to the UAE which hosted Cop28 last year.”'

We need to reward hard work

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

Mark Menzies has resigned from the Conservatives.

I still think his explanation was brilliant "I paid off some rent boy drug dealers because I was sick all over their gaff, but the locals said I didn't have to pay it back"

Thats some cojones right there.

As the rent boy might have said.

This is how Tory governments always end. Remember "I had a moment of madness on Clapham Common!" and David Mellor running around naked from the waste down with his chelsea shirt on, and Major walloping Curry, shudder.

1 hour ago, redinblack said:

I still think his explanation was brilliant "I paid off some rent boy drug dealers because I was sick all over their gaff, but the locals said I didn't have to pay it back"

Thats some cojones right there.

As the rent boy might have said.

Yeah but raynor