Jump to content
  • Sign up for free and receive a month's subscription

    You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread


Bjornebye
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Google “Teeside Freeport Ecocide” and this is the first hit. 
 

https://theecologist.org/2023/feb/01/ecocide-teesside

 

 

There is growing evidence of a series of marine die-offs connected to dredging around the UK, connected to the Tory freeport agenda, that the UK Government attempted to cover up.

Almost 18 months ago there was a mass marine die-off neat Teesside in Yorkshire, that appears to have occur due to dredging for a new freeport. There were also mass die-offs all down the Yorkshire coast, hitting Bridlington, Whitby, and Saltburn.

It’s not the only area that’s recorded either mass die-offs or much reduced sea life. Falmouth is a case in point where so-called spoil grounds, legal dumping grounds for TCB laden spoil, have also been implicated in local marine die-offs.

Tax

Freeports are areas – often but not only sea ports – where normal customs, tax and labour regulations don’t apply.

They are typically run by private companies, often formed by local business and government coalitions, that use them as tax havens, stealing money from local councils and the government and sending profits off-shore, reducing investment and tax receipts in the UK. Backing for freeports tends to be highest amongst campaigners for Brexit.

 

and they have just voted in a tory mayor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Yeah meant to post in local election thread. 
 

He’s implicated in all sorts of backhanders and payoffs. 

big swing against him apparently but still unebeliveable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

big swing against him apparently but still unebeliveable

 

About 16.6%. That would see all the seats in his area go back to Labour, and he far outperforms the current polling for the Tory vote-

 

image.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/05/2024 at 12:06, Tj hooker said:

Another gem 

Ah Tan Smith, that rancid cunt was Corbyn's number one hater giving him shit over the antisemitism slurs.

 

 

Also Tan Smith:

 

 

 

 

FoSbmooWcAA46yK.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Dicko said:

Ah Tan Smith, that rancid cunt was Corbyn's number one hater giving him shit over the antisemitism slurs.

 

 

Also Tan Smith:

 

 

 

 

FoSbmooWcAA46yK.jpg

 

 

You really think she's a Nazi then? Or is her not being a fan of Corbyn enough?

 

It's nuts really, posters slagging off people who slag off Tories, in the Tory Cabinet thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Lib Dem’s have table a vote of no confidence in the government.

 

Might do a very good job in ruffling enough feathers. 

 

There'd only need to be about 20-30 disaffected Tories vote the other way to swing that. Provided of course, the opposition parties pull in the same direction. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

 

There'd only need to be about 20-30 disaffected Tories vote the other way to swing that. Provided of course, the opposition parties pull in the same direction. 


Nah, it’s more performative than that.

 

If they vote to support him that goes on the GE leaflet that’ll be going through doors.

 

Its pure politics and lovely stuff.

 

Complete no win for them.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:


Nah, it’s more performative than that.

 

If they vote to support him that goes on the GE leaflet that’ll be going through doors.

 

Its pure politics and lovely stuff.

 

Complete no win for them.

 

It was more through hope than anything. This fucking boil needs lancing now before they cause any more damage.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

 

It was more through hope than anything. This fucking boil needs lancing now before they cause any more damage.


They have a 47 seat majority, so 24 would need to swing, which is possible, but I doubt they’d vote to get their snouts out of the trough.

 

Be a cringeworthy/hilarious watch though as they try to defend their decisions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:


They have a 47 seat majority, so 24 would need to swing, which is possible, but I doubt they’d vote to get their snouts out of the trough.

 

Be a cringeworthy/hilarious watch though as they try to defend their decisions.

 

Allow me: "We need to protect the country from a disastrous far-left government who would put up taxes, let the boats in and send us back to square one."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

 

Allow me: "We need to protect the country from a disastrous far-left government who would put up taxes, let the boats in and send us back to square one."


The first Journo who asks ‘Just for clarity would you mind explaining what the actual fucking plan is you keep flanging on about is, cheers?’ should get an MBE in the first Labour honours list.

 

I feel we’re getting close to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:


The first Journo who asks ‘Just for clarity would you mind explaining what the actual fucking plan is you keep flanging on about is, cheers?’ should get an MBE in the first Labour honours list.

 

I feel we’re getting close to it.

 

They'd need an MBE, because they wouldn't get another job in political journalism. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

 

They'd need an MBE, because they wouldn't get another job in political journalism. 


The press, well connected reporters, change with the government.

 

You won’t have Katy Balls and that weird looking cunt from Conservative Home on everyfuckingthing for a while as they’ll not have the gossip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jack the Sipper said:

 

You really think she's a Nazi then? Or is her not being a fan of Corbyn enough?

 

It's nuts really, posters slagging off people who slag off Tories, in the Tory Cabinet thread.

And do you think Jeremy Corbyn was a nazi?

Maybe he should have smeared on a hitler moustache, do the nazi salute then ten years later proclaim it to be one of the best days of his life.

I'm sure you would have given him a free pass what with him being anti Tory and all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

 

Allow me: "We need to protect the country from a disastrous far-left government who would put up taxes, let the boats in and send us back to square one."

It's not that far off what Blue Labour used to say about Corbyn.

A plague on both their houses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dicko said:

And do you think Jeremy Corbyn was a nazi?

Maybe he should have smeared on a hitler moustache, do the nazi salute then ten years later proclaim it to be one of the best days of his life.

I'm sure you would have given him a free pass what with him being anti Tory and all.

 

Of course I don't. As for the rest, I'm sure really sure what you're getting at, but it doesn't really matter. I get where you're coming from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...