Quantcast
General Election 2019 - Page 214 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

General Election 2019

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

  1. 1. Who are you voting for?



Recommended Posts

After going off for a bit to get something quick to eat it soon started to sink in how bad this is. Had been too obsessed with seeing how many seats were won by Tories and Labour to really think about it, am fucking devastated though really. To think what Labour could've done to change things for so many people worse off, and the focus on the environment, the NHS and so many other things. And instead we're left with this.

 

Cannot believe how fucking stupid it is. Media, think tanks, lobby groups, corporate greedy scum and even foreign governments at times, managed to turn Corbyn into an absolute pariah and then there's all those determined to get their "Brexit done" instead of allowing Labour to get a better deal. More concerned with the risk of it being rejected if people had a say on that deal in a 2nd referendum. Well now they'll all have no fucking say at all, and can just live with whatever it is and drag the rest of us along with them. But at least it's "getting done", awesome.

 

What a horrible fucking mess. Hopefully what Corbyn did to change people's awareness manages to be the seed of further change in the future like others have said. That's if we have any type of functioning democracy left of course, because after this propaganda riddled joke it's clear that it's already half gone.

 

Labour have to really look at every single thing that went wrong here and spend a lot of time and effort making sure that things get better from here on out. We can't afford to carry on allowing this to get worse with Tory bastards every single time.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely fucking gutted. Feel sorry for Corbyn, a good man tarnished by the machine.

 

The lib dems once again proved what a low bellied shower of tory sperm they are; allowing Johnson his election instead of following Corbyns policy of waiting for the Brexit events to unfold.

 

Gutted. On the pluse side Boris Johnson is increasingly looking one pie short of a massive heart attack 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They could. It depends how the next 5 years go. They've nowhere to hide, no one else to blame and they've now got to clean up their own mess. 

I remember someone saying in 2010 when the Tories got elected that the widespread cuts they were about to make could result in them being out of power for a generation .

And for those nine years millions have been plunged into abject poverty which the media and most of the country haven't given a shit about yet we've just had a campaign where they've managed to make billionaires look like they're being persecuted . 

 

They say society should evolve develop and improve instead we really are going back to the 80"s.

At least thouhh in the 80"s you had great culture in music, TV and satire to show what an abhorrent rabble Thatcher and co were. Politicians have gradually made sure you haven't even got that now  instead you have Downtown Abbey and fucking Adele .

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like the referendum the remain parties could not get or agree a cohesive approach . Con and lab then libs and labour now. Left one side with a free run each time. Massive misread this was a one issue campaign for so many. Heard a ex labour pundit say labour supporters lent their votes to conservatives to get Brexit done.  Just hope they literally survive the next five years in order to vote labour again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I remember someone saying in 2010 when the Tories got elected that the widespread cuts they were about to make could result in them being out of power for a generation .

And for those nine years millions have been plunged into abject poverty which the media and most of the country haven't given a shit about yet we've just had a campaign where they've managed to make billionaires look like they're being persecuted . 

 

They say society should evolve develop and improve instead we really are going back to the 80"s.

At least thouhh in the 80"s you had great culture in music, TV and satire to show what an abhorrent rabble Thatcher and co were. Politicians have gradually made sure you haven't even got that now  instead you have Downtown Abbey and fucking Adele .

 

Football good in eighties also !  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is, even though they will probably just crash us out of the EU with no plan they will blame the EU for everything bad that happens in that time span.

 

It will just be a continual case of "it's a legacy of being in the EU", the Tory party have never and will never accept blame for anything. Anything bad that has ever happened in this country is down to poor people, foreign people, Labour, the Lib Dems or the EU, but never ever the Tories. And people actually fucking believe them. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh we shouldnt gloss over that certain scum will see a huge Johnson victory as an attack on minorities across the country. Let's hope the decent people of the UK don't allow divison to fester and allow the scum make capital out of it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m surprised that people here are laying this at the feet of the Lib Dems. They had every right to contest any single seat they wanted. It’s up to Labour to beat them and anybody else. Labour needs to look inward and sort their own house out, because this was a fucking shambles. I won’t lie, I do get a little smile from seeing Swinson lose her seat, and do so poorly in general, after all the arrogance about how well they are going to do at Labour’s expense. But the truth is this; the Tories won a smashing victory because the opposition wasn’t able to win the seats they needed. They couldn’t convince the media, the public, or many of their own voters that they were a better bet for the country than the Tories. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

Not getting a softer brexit through parliament because people certain politicians were holding out for a referendum looks even more suicidal. 

Disastrous hubris in too many places.

 

There needed to be a more mature acceptance from both Labour and Lib Dems that avoiding the worst case scenario we now face was worth compromising on each’s best case scenario, however much it stuck in the craw.


All done and too late now, but it’s cost both parties and their existing leadership going into this election dearly, not to mention most of the rest of us.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’m surprised that people here are laying this at the feet of the Lib Dems. They had every right to contest any single seat they wanted. It’s up to Labour to beat them and anybody else. Labour needs to look inward and sort their own house out, because this was a fucking shambles. I won’t lie, I do get a little smile from seeing Swinson lose her seat, and do so poorly in general, after all the arrogance about how well they are going to do at Labour’s expense. But the truth is this; the Tories won a smashing victory because the opposition wasn’t able to win the seats they needed. They couldn’t convince the media, the public, or many of their own voters that they were a better bet for the country than the Tories. 

Pretty much this. One crumb of comfort in all this is that Gov will not be reliant on DUP  or of he chooses to take them on the ERG.  On reflection they should have voted for Mays deal (third time it was tried) didn't seem like it at time but so should have more labour MPs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Disastrous hubris in too many places.

 

There needed to be a more mature acceptance from both Labour and Lib Dems that avoiding the worst case scenario we now face was worth compromising on each’s best case scenario, however much it stuck in the craw.


All done and too late now, but it’s cost both parties and their existing leadership going into this election dearly, not to mention most of the rest of us.

Yip effectively gave the cons an unopposed run at Brexit voters which was 50% of electorate. Massive tactical mistake to not form an effective remain alliance. Some of those con gains were down to hundreds of votes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They could. It depends how the next 5 years go. They've nowhere to hide, no one else to blame and they've now got to clean up their own mess. 

Oh they will find someone to blame the EU Corbyn anyone but those self serving twats and the majority of the electorate will swallow the shit sandwich they serve up , knobheads 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Yip effectively gave the cons an unopposed run at Brexit voters which was 50% of electorate. Massive tactical mistake to not form an effective remain alliance. Some of those con gains were down to hundreds of votes. 

Exactly. The lesson of the european elections was that Remain and Leave voters were still fairly matched in overall population ratios, but the former was significantly more likely to split between parties in a national election than the latter was. Only made more obvious once Farage stood down in Conservative-held seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This really, really fucking sucks. I knew it was coming but I still can’t believe it. Boris Johnson, who is dishonest and inept, has won the biggest majority since Thatcher and has done it off the backs of the working classes that he evidently despises. We are in for a rough few years. 
 

As for Labour... I’m not sure they are all that relevant anymore. At least in the way they operate. People don’t trust them, working class people don’t seem to feel they represent them, and they can’t manipulate the media or business to the extent they need to. 
 

It’s a very dark day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

As for Labour... I’m not sure they are all that relevant anymore. At least in the way they operate. People don’t trust them, working class people don’t seem to feel they represent them, and they can’t manipulate the media or business to the extent they need to. 
 

It’s a very dark day. 

It was Corbyn they didn't trust, not the party.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dougie Do'ins said:

It was Corbyn they didn't trust, not the party.

Yeah, I actually feel it’s both. The party because of the leader. I think it’s a distinction without a difference right now; Corbyn has pretty much been the party for a while. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×