You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They are steadily growing in numbers (Especially in other countries) but will never be in a position to Govern in our lifetime. However, even if they start winning a few more seats at future elections they can make a difference and who knows where that might lead once the shit hits the fans on the true state of the Climate. 

Could defo see the Greens becoming the third party replacing the Lib Dems over the next few years. Especially if Labour go reactionary on foreign policy and domestic issues.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Denny Crane said:

Could defo see the Greens becoming the third party replacing the Lib Dems over the next few years. Especially if Labour go reactionary on foreign policy and domestic issues.

The Greens have 67 seats in the Bundestag in Germany, that will probably rise even more over the coming years, so it is quite possible that you'll see the same movement in the Uk eventually. 

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think the arguments I had with my parents voting leave were well documented on here at the time.  Both now regret it.  But there you are.  I'm not arsed about myself, just wanted a better future for my nieces who are the nearest thing I have to kids. 

Feel that way over my kids, 25 and 21 one has gone into Security another is in Uni and working now. They are luckier than most, they will be left a good few bob when me and my partner croak too. I feel sorry for some of my nieces and nephews who are struggling.

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

That won't wash mate. They'll have had at least 2 years in power after the Transition period is over, maybe's up to 4 years if you leave without a deal. 

I think a saving grace for you could be the US Elections in 2020. Trump could be impeached before then, and if not I can't see him gaining another term. The next President may not be anti EU which would make leaving without a deal even more stupid than it is at the moment. 

They have been in power for 9 years, austerity was hardly an issue, all about taking back control. All Johnny Foreigners fault, the next election will just be more of the same, aided and abetted by their media buddies. 

However, I hope you are right and I am wrong.

58 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I’m utterly dependant on our NHS, unless I quickly hop to one of the places like Berlin which I am told will honour EU citizenship during the transition period. Not really realistic atm though.

If all else fails, I’ve always wanted to play Michael Douglas in Falling Down for real in my local area and have spent decades selecting my “Who would you kill if you had 6 months left to live” targets.

Have a hug mate don't let the bastards wear you down. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

They have been in power for 9 years, austerity was hardly an issue, all about taking back control. All Johnny Foreigners fault, the next election will just be more so the same, aided and abetted by their media buddies. 

However, I hope you are right and I am wrong.

I'd hate to be a foreigner living in the UK, regardless of how long that had been, because when Brexit is done and dusted fully, the blame will certainly be laid at their doorsteps by the frothing brigade. My point is though, when they have so called taken back control they'll have at least three years of ruling, they'll most certainly take the flak for any disgruntlement from plenty of voters. Mind you, if they actually come to some kind of deal with the EU after the transition period they'll have a scapegoat at the next election and will probably use leaving that deal as part of their strategy. 5 years is a long time in politics mate, especially when you have a cretin at the helm. 

My constituency remains a Labour stronghold as Ashworth got 67% of the vote. That still represents a significant drop from the last GE as he got close to 75% of the vote back then.

Now that Johnson and the Tories have their majority and the others are left to lick their wounds, any more "dithering and delaying in getting things done" HAS to be laid at his and their door. I very much doubt it will though, as the media in this country will find their scapegoats elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Absolutely fucking gutted. Feel sorry for Corbyn, a good man tarnished by the machine.

The lib dems once again proved what a low bellied shower of tory sperm they are; allowing Johnson his election instead of following Corbyns policy of waiting for the Brexit events to unfold.

Gutted. On the pluse side Boris Johnson is increasingly looking one pie short of a massive heart attack 

Congratulations! You got your Brexit, happy now? 

Guest Pistonbroke

I see Trump is straight in with his congratulations and promised a massive bumper trade deal between the US/UK post Brexit. Claiming it has the 'Potential' to be more lucrative than any deal with the EU...(hahahaha, fucking bell end) Well, he'll more than likely be gone by then, either impeached or voted out, maybe's the Republicans will fuck him off themselves, or even better he has a massive heart attack on the golf course and dies in a bunker whilst his so called golf mates laugh at him. Seriously though, I'll say it again, the next POTUS may not be so anti EU. 

7 minutes ago, M_B said:

Sometimes you need to hit rockbottom to change your ways. If this results in the birth of an opposition party that can turn this country around then so be it.

At least that is what I am telling myself.

Maybe we should start it here. The Liverpool Way Party. Imagine the shit the press would be able to dig up....

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

How thoroughly fucking depressing. We genuinely talked about emigrating last night.

That's exactly where I'm at, but without having a fucking clue where I'd go. The world is full of cunts. 

38 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

The Greens have 67 seats in the Bundestag in Germany, that will probably rise even more over the coming years, so it is quite possible that you'll see the same movement in the Uk eventually. 

It's PR in Germany though isn't it? It feels a lot harder for new parties to get a foothold in this country. I don't see any significant parliament representation for the greens under FPTP. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

That's exactly where I'm at, but without having a fucking clue where I'd go. The world is full of cunts. 

It's PR in Germany though isn't it? It feels a lot harder for new parties to get a foothold in this country. I don't see any significant parliament representation for the greens under FPTP. 

Read this mate, it will save me typing loads.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/german-election-system-explained-a-923243.html

14 minutes ago, M_B said:

Sometimes you need to hit rockbottom to change your ways. If this results in the birth of an opposition party that can turn this country around then so be it.

At least that is what I am telling myself.

I don't think it's about the party, it's about the people and how they've allowed themselves to be manipulated into this position.  Corbyn was not perfect, far from it, and Labour messed certain things up.  But there was nothing wrong with their policies, not everyone agreed with them no, but they were well intentioned towards the vast, vast majority of this country. 

People voted for the wrong reasons (we shouldn't shy away from saying racism, xenophobia, nationalism, and callousness are wrong) and when the shit hits the fan I hope they take a long hard look at themselves. 

• Upvote 1