You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Life after Jürgen

Oh Buoy

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

This is the level of imbecile we have following the club.

Ha ha. I called that spectacularly wrong, didn’t I! I’m a big fan of Jurgen’s hair nowadays, although, to be fair, I have a lot less of my own than I did four years ago.

With regard to being an imbecile, I wish I was as intelligent as you, Guesty.

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, andyj said:

i think its all been taken out of context but if he did leave we would have no shortage of world class managers wanting the job,But i cant see it i think Klopp will be here for many years to come i wouldnt be surprised if FSG gave him a new contract with a 12 month gardening leave clause built in  

Klopp will leave at the end of his contract, I always thought that was pretty much accepted?

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

Klopp will leave at the end of his contract, I always thought that was pretty much accepted?

Of course we always accepted that, but we also expected him to keep signing extensions and then leave at the end of the 2039/40 season. 

8 hours ago, andyj said:

i think its all been taken out of context but if he did leave we would have no shortage of world class managers wanting the job,But i cant see it i think Klopp will be here for many years to come i wouldnt be surprised if FSG gave him a new contract with a 12 month gardening leave clause built in  

No shortage of world class managers willing to come to a club with a shit budget and expected to over achieve every year as a result of this. 

Yea. 

It's not unreasonable to discuss it given the speculation, but as it stands, I don’t give a fuck. He’s here for another three years as long as nothing goes drastically wrong, so I’ll think about it more deeply in 2021, because there’s so much that can change between now and then. Maybe Gerrard will have worked wonders getting Rangers deep into European competition and make himself a standout candidate, perhaps Pochettino never fully recovers from the Solskjaerian run of form Spurs have been on since January and ends up a complete non-factor by then. Maybe we win the league and / or another European Cup and Klopp decides he wants to extend until he’s 60 with a personal goal of building a Liverpool honours list that compares favourably to anyone not called Bob Paisley.

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We've got the only one who didn't just take top jobs with massive transfer budgets and worked at improving the squad he had by hard work and dedication. Not exactly a goose that laid a golden egg.

Couldn't agree more mate 

• 2 months later...

Love Jurgen. Even when he did his pressers for BVB, you could not help warming to him. He's like everyone's bessie mate. And you just know despite the shit a few other clubs fans may throw at him, they'd all have him as their manager in a heartbeat. City fans may say no now but if they didnt have Guardiola, they fucking would.

I'll be in bits when he does go. My big fear is he will call time here when his contract is up. Peversely, I think when he's won us at least 1 PL title, he will see his task here as complete and make it even more certain. But, when he does win us number 19 and even hopefully number 20, even if he went decided to go, he'd go with my eternal thanks and blessing.

Whoever comes in after him is going to have a massive void to fill.

• Upvote 2