You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who would you rather see get back together, The Smiths or The Jam?

Bjornebye

The Smiths or The Jam?   

36 members have voted

1. 1. The Smiths or The Jam?

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Negged. Never understood why people feel the need to say bands and stuff are shite simply because they aren’t to their tastes. 

Indeed. Like anything which provides entertainment the beauty is in the eye/ears of the beholder. We all have different tastes. I think Take That are shite for example, millions of people don't though, every band singer have their audience. I wouldn't say they are overrated though, because they've sold millions of records to their audience and provided them with entertainment, regardless of the fact I think they are shite. To use the word 'Overrated' for successful bands such as The Jam and The Smiths is just music snobbery, or Ignorant for the want of a better word. 

It's ok to think something is shit too though & to say so. It would be pretty boring if we all somehow thought The Jam weren't some derivative Mod revival pish with a singer who sounds like he should be in Chas & Dave.

For instance.

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

It's ok to think something is shit too though & to say so. It would be pretty boring if we all somehow thought The Jam weren't some derivative Mod revival pish with a singer who sounds like he should be in Chas & Dave.

For instance.

You don't half chat some utter bollocks sometimes. Thats as bad as that Boss post earlier. 

For instance.

I love The Jam. Like a more punky Small Faces for me. Love them too like. Both good vocalists for me. 

12 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I love The Jam. Like a more punky Small Faces for me. Love them too like. Both good vocalists for me. 

Steve Marriott had one of the greatest voices of all time.

Paul Weller can usually sing in tune.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Not surprised Grohl lost contact with him all those years, comes across a bit of a cock.

I just think it's a funny story, not trying to make any grand Grohl statement or anything.  Everyone says Grohl is a nice guy.

Anyway, you into any Melvins stuff?  Dale Crover is a magnificent drummer.  I love his flams and how hard he twats his snare.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I just think it's a funny story, not trying to make any grand Grohl statement or anything.  Everyone says Grohl is a nice guy.

Anyway, you into any Melvins stuff?  Dale Crover is a magnificent drummer.  I love his flams and how hard he twats his snare.  

That was quite brilliant until the man with the comedy/Metallica voice started singing.

• Upvote 1

That was quite brilliant until the man with the comedy/Metallica voice started singing.

Aye, he does sound a bit Hetty. There are worse singers to be compared to, mind.

This one has two drummers and scary lyrics which make me want to run far, far away.

• Upvote 1