Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 300 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

If the lad genuinely did have mental health problems the last thing I’d be advising him to do is move to another country where he doesn’t presumably know the language, will be living alone, away from friends and family and with no support network.  

Yeah it didn't work out too well for Gazza 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a story this morning about how Chelsea have sent Lucas Piazon on loan yet again after the player signed a contract extention. He joined Chelsea EIGHT years ago and has only made 3 first-team appearances for them in all that time. This loan spell at Rio Ave is the player's SEVENTH loan spell, and he is now in his mid-20s. Why are Chelsea still keeping him around when it's clear they'll never find room for him in their squad? They do this with so many of their players too. It's why I suggested a while back that there should be a limit to the number of times a club can send a player out on loan. There needs to be some sort of measure in place to prevent clubs from stock-piling players.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Saw a story this morning about how Chelsea have sent Lucas Piazon on loan yet again after the player signed a contract extention. He joined Chelsea EIGHT years ago and has only made 3 first-team appearances for them in all that time. This loan spell at Rio Ave is the player's SEVENTH loan spell, and he is now in his mid-20s. Why are Chelsea still keeping him around when it's clear they'll never find room for him in their squad? They do this with so many of their players too. It's why I suggested a while back that there should be a limit to the number of times a club can send a player out on loan. There needs to be some sort of measure in place to prevent clubs from stock-piling players.

That's dodgy as fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

The net spend boys will be quiet tonight. 

The net spend boys have something they want you to knooooowwwww,

The best numbers in the world end with a lot of zerrroooooooooooooos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Trumo said:

Saw a story this morning about how Chelsea have sent Lucas Piazon on loan yet again after the player signed a contract extention. He joined Chelsea EIGHT years ago and has only made 3 first-team appearances for them in all that time. This loan spell at Rio Ave is the player's SEVENTH loan spell, and he is now in his mid-20s. Why are Chelsea still keeping him around when it's clear they'll never find room for him in their squad? They do this with so many of their players too. It's why I suggested a while back that there should be a limit to the number of times a club can send a player out on loan. There needs to be some sort of measure in place to prevent clubs from stock-piling players.

 

I reckon Abramovich likes recalling him from his loan every time he boots up a new game on Football Manager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Trumo said:

Saw a story this morning about how Chelsea have sent Lucas Piazon on loan yet again after the player signed a contract extention. He joined Chelsea EIGHT years ago and has only made 3 first-team appearances for them in all that time. This loan spell at Rio Ave is the player's SEVENTH loan spell, and he is now in his mid-20s. Why are Chelsea still keeping him around when it's clear they'll never find room for him in their squad? They do this with so many of their players too. It's why I suggested a while back that there should be a limit to the number of times a club can send a player out on loan. There needs to be some sort of measure in place to prevent clubs from stock-piling players.

 

Doesn't he count as a depreciating asset against club value?

 

Meaning once all the original contracts expire they become non cost assets and bolster the clubs value? It’s a pretend ‘he’s worth this much’ nonsense which gives footballs false economy and it’s, er, false economy.

 

So if they have 50 ‘players’ on their books with a potential value of x the club can count that as club has x value. The wages count as operational running costs and are therefore tax deductible.

 

Financial smoke and mirrors, human trafficking and its bullshit that any other industry would, rightly, be cracked down on.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

Doesn't he count as a depreciating asset against club value?

 

Meaning once all the original contracts expire they become non cost assets and bolster the clubs value? It’s a pretend ‘he’s worth this much’ nonsense which gives footballs false economy and it’s, er, false economy.

 

So if they have 50 ‘players’ on their books with a potential value of x the club can count that as club has x value. The wages count as operational running costs and are therefore tax deductible.

 

Financial smoke and mirrors, human trafficking and its bullshit that any other industry would, rightly, be cracked down on.

So wise 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Doesn't he count as a depreciating asset against club value?

 

Meaning once all the original contracts expire they become non cost assets and bolster the clubs value? It’s a pretend ‘he’s worth this much’ nonsense which gives footballs false economy and it’s, er, false economy.

 

So if they have 50 ‘players’ on their books with a potential value of x the club can count that as club has x value. The wages count as operational running costs and are therefore tax deductible.

 

Financial smoke and mirrors, human trafficking and its bullshit that any other industry would, rightly, be cracked down on.

 

Football isn't like any other industry though, I suppose. I mean, the whole idea of loaning employees to rival companies is a bit weird in the first place. Imagine HSBC loaning a bank manager to NatWest, ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, El Rojo said:

The net spend boys have something they want you to knooooowwwww,

The best numbers in the world end with a lot of zerrroooooooooooooos.

Seeeeeaaaaaa Senoir

A bigger yacht than ever before. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Anyone who felt Liverpool risked dropping down the league this season due to the summer business done by United, Arsenal and Spurs still concerned about that?

Still concerned about how any injuries to any of our front 3 will affect us, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Still concerned about how any injuries to any of our front 3 will affect us, yes.

In respect of whether we beat City to the league I am 100% with you.

 

In respect of us dropping down the league and having let the likes of the above catch up on us, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

In respect of whether we beat City to the league I am 100% with you.

 

In respect of us dropping down the league and having let the likes of the above catch up on us, not so much.

Yeah fair point. Its easy to conflate the two, but at the very least we'll be comfortably second again.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s take it one game at a time and see where we are come the last couple of games before we start wanking each other off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 20:26, BeefStroganoff said:

I think the Owners and the Club have been very smart in one area...and thats the media.

 

They have systematically over time diluted strong opinion. The Echo, which was once (a while back mind) a decent local source of independent opinion, is now firmly controlled by the Club. Every article this summer has been about how clever the Club is, why spending isn't necessary, why no one should worry and why the rest of Europe are running scared. And it starts as soon as it needs to, to placate the masses. Then you've got the national journos of sorts, Reddy, Joyce, and now Pearce, carefully controlling and publishing the right article at the right time, towing the line to keep the access they need to do their jobs.

 

The biggest change however, and one move that I really do have to doff my hat to them for is with local amateur media, specifically touted independent opinion on all things LFC - The Anfield Wrap, Redmen TV etc. They have made sure that as these mini hobbies have grown into business ventures, their independent thought has become less and less. These 'fan' platforms have become money makers and been given access to the players and manager, no doubt in return for keeping things light so to speak. Once you are in bed you will tow the line or lose your privileges. In fact the Anfield Wrap is very tame to what it once was a few years back, as its grown in popularity they have adjusted their output for broad consumption. Both themselves and Redmen are now publishing books. The core meaning and soul of why they started has long since vanished and why I won't subscribe any more.

 

So what does this mean? It means that theres not much of a dissenting voice, theres not much disagreement with what happens at the Club. Yeah you've got here at the TLW, and you get the comments section of the Echo and few dissenters on Twitter, but nothing that really scratches the surface.

 

I think from now on, if anything goes tits up from the owners you will barely get a whimper. The trademark issue for example, only a handful of fan names spoke up about it, the rest where very quiet. pretty sad really.

Interesting going back to this good post by BeefStroganoff, recently on RAWK of one of the more dissenting/critical of the club voices on the Anfield Wrap, Mike Nevin, indicated that he'd been eased out and doesn't fit as part of the "echo chamber".

 

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=279444.msg16856142#msg16856142

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been clear as day that local scumbag journos have been sucking their cocks for money for some time. 

 

The fanbase has lapped it up too despite even our manager spelling it out that there's somehow fuck all money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×