You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

Just now, Rico1304 said:

I think so.  This woman is telling you that if your child tells you they are the opposite sex you should believe them and act on it.  That’s fucking mental. 

In what way? Do you think this means they will start backstreet surgery because their baby/toddler told them to?

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

In what way? Do you think this means they will start backstreet surgery because their baby/toddler told them to?

Who’s saying anything about backstreet surgery?  Tavistock will do it without any problem.  

what do you believe that a 1 yr old pulling ribbons out of their hair means?

- they don’t like the ribbons

- they don’t like the ribbons at that particular moment

- they are a bit tired and grumpy

- they may be a bit tight

- they are potentially trans

which one of those is more likely? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Who’s saying anything about backstreet surgery?  Tavistock will do it without any problem.  

what do you believe that a 1 yr old pulling ribbons out of their hair means?

- they don’t like the ribbons

- they don’t like the ribbons at that particular moment

- they are a bit tired and grumpy

- they may be a bit tight

- they are potentially trans

which one of those is more likely? 

The woman mentions from an actual example of a trans child and then goes on to say if this happens repeatedly it may be a sign and to act on that. I think you might be getting a bit carried away with what act on that means, but child abuse as beyond absurd way to describe it

13 minutes ago, Remmie said:

The woman mentions from an actual example of a trans child and then goes on to say if this happens repeatedly it may be a sign and to act on that. I think you might be getting a bit carried away with what act on that means, but child abuse as beyond absurd way to describe it

So what are you supposed to think if your kid does the same? Which I think is what I asked.  

how many kids have pulled ribbons out of their hair and how many are trans.  

she’s being asked for clues and advice. 

37 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Children have been saying that forever. Only now does it result in puberty blockers. 

It's a tough decision that carries risks both ways.  If you think your kid might be trans, do you force them to grow into the sex assigned at birth or do you take action to put them on a path towards reassignment.  Either way, if you make the wrong call you're setting your kid up for devastating physical and mental health problems. 

As someone with 2 young kids, my act on it advise if my 2 year old girl stopped wanting to wear dresses is to stop putting her in dresses, not to fly in and start calling her Bruce straight away. Perhaps this makes me a child abuser!

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's a tough decision that carries risks both ways.  If you think your kid might be trans, do you force them to grow into the sex assigned at birth or do you take action to put them on a path towards reassignment.  Either way, if you make the wrong call you're setting your kid up for devastating physical and mental health problems. 

Assigned? Fuck off. Observed. 

It’s absolutely incredible. 

how many times do you think it’s the ‘wrong call’. 

children don’t become left or right handed until 18 months. 

And it’s a question from the floor, based on the talk she’s delivered, asking how children with no speech ability can convey they are trans.

No reaction from the few hundred people in the audience. None. 

Mental. 

I love that term "assigned", as if it's some arbitrary choice that is made by parents.

Maybe we should wait until someone is mentally capable of deciding for themself whether or not they are trans rather than deciding that a little boy wants to be a girl because he likes walking round in mum's stilettoes.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Remmie said:

As someone with 2 young kids, my act on it advise if my 2 year old girl stopped wanting to wear dresses is to stop putting her in dresses, not to fly in and start calling her Bruce straight away. Perhaps this makes me a child abuser!

You’re a child abuser either way. Imagine calling a kid Bruce in this day and age. You fucking monster. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Remmie said:

That would make you normal.   Blocking the child's puberty on the other hand... 

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

That would make you normal.   Blocking the child's puberty on the other hand... 

When did she say that? I thought she just mentioned some signs that a infant might convey they are transgender?

47 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Assigned? Fuck off. Observed. 

It’s absolutely incredible. 

how many times do you think it’s the ‘wrong call’. 

children don’t become left or right handed until 18 months. 

You really are to biological sex what Gnasher is to EU membership. 

The world is not black and white. Try trading some of your faux outrage in for some understanding and compassion.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You really are to biological sex what Gnasher is to EU membership. 

The world is not black and white. Try trading some of your faux outrage in for some understanding and compassion.

Oh man. That’s a bit lower below the belt than I can accept. 

shit house tactics.