You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

Men dressed as women seem to get more protection than actual women now. That's Glib I know but some of the concerns JK Rowling pointed out are valid. Her having concerns doesn't make her hateful or ignorant. People automatically saying woman meaning someone born with a fanny and not woman meaning the all encompassing somebody who identifies as a woman doesn't make them an oppressor or a bigot. It's just default mode for most people. Everyone is learning and growing together, a bit of patience and understanding right across the board would be far more helpful for everybody than all out attack and defence. JK Rowling seems like a good person.

Who is the person whose opinions and views we are going to make the absolute guideline, the gospel that we all have to follow and abide too in order to have world peace and tranquillity. Opinions vary they will always vary, I seen no hate from JK to deserve such hate back. Like I said she seems like a decent human being.

Such a minefield gets laid down that people just avoid the thing all together and who does that help. Another divide for people to look across and point the finger.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

There's profiting from something and being a part of something, the distinction isn't that oblique.

There are fights worth fighting.

It’s not my fight Bruce. I was just giving Section my support. 

Saying to the person widely considered to be the best rapper of all time that he should ‘stick to indie and post grunge’ is one of the most ignorant posts I’ve seen on this forum, and when you consider Ardja’s posting history is a litany of ignorant posts, that’s saying something. Posting a picture of Eminem with the implication that he was ‘dressed like a black person’ is a close second. 

I wonder if the black folk working in high powered roles, who have spent years battling systemic racism to be successful in their fields, would appreciate being told that they shouldn't wear suits like white people and that they should dress like blacks instead. I suspect they'd see that as something utterly, repulsiively racist.

15 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Saying to the person widely considered to be the best rapper of all time that he should ‘stick to indie and post grunge’ is one of the most ignorant posts I’ve seen on this forum, and when you consider Ardja’s posting history is a litany of ignorant posts, that’s saying something. Posting a picture of Eminem with the implication that he was ‘dressed like a black person’ is a close second. 

Hip hop culture includes fashion, and whether you like it or not it is African American.

Also the bolded part is uncalled for. Just play the ball... I always try to be respectful (or at least civil) towards other posters. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I wonder if the black folk working in high powered roles, who have spent years battling systemic racism to be successful in their fields, would appreciate being told that they shouldn't wear suits like white people and that they should dress like blacks instead. I suspect they'd see that as something utterly, repulsiively racist.

Even for you that straw man is fucking pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Obama’s speech about ‘black kids with a book being told they’re acting white’ came to mind. 

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

My brother lives in a proper jewish area here, and he’d genuinely be laughed out of the suburb if he walked out of his house one day wearing a yarmulke and a garb.

• Downvote 1

Just now, aRdja said:

My brother lives in a jewish area here, and he’d genuinely be laughed out of the suburb if he walked out of his house one day wearing a yarmulke and a garb.

Because he’d look like a twat? 

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

He doesn’t need the Jewish costume to look like a twat.

Wouldn’t call it a costume to be fair. It’s religious attire isn’t it? And like most religious attire, it’s absolutely shite