Quantcast
Drugs - Page 29 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Drugs

41 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

How many fucking times?! 

I am a cunt, I don’t pretend to take the moral high ground on any subject.   

You are a hypocrite, because underneath your lefty sensibilities you are happy to partake in an industry that kills millions around the world.  You justify your drug taking by saying if there was an ethical provider you’d use them.  Can’t you see that means you acknowledge your hypocrisy?  

I can’t make it any simpler, neither could the 10 other people who tried. 

Describing yourself as lovely doesn’t mean you are.  

This lefty sensibilities business is something that you’ve made up (like me castigating people for using Amazon) because of my open admiration for Jeremy Corbyn, and his long-standing fight for equality. As you touched on in an earlier post (your response to my comment on that twat JOB), I have openly admitted to doing a lot of stupid shit and I have even apologetically admitted that I’ve never really had to try very hard in life, just from the sheer luck of being born to comfortable and (overly) mollycoddling middle class folks. This is a different discussion altogether and to be honest not overly interesting.

The main piece ‘evidence’ that you brought up was the fact that I attack and make fun of centrists regularly. You do the equivalent, but way more frequently than I do, have done it for a lot longer than I have (albeit to a different set of politicians/political commentators). If you think that’s hypocritical of me (a person who enjoys getting high) to do that, what does that make you (also another person who enjoys getting high)?

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

It's the perfect example of why knobheads shouldn't do coke. 

I haven’t touched cocaine for 7 months now, and the main reason it’s gone on this long is because of the time difference. 

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

It's the perfect example of why knobheads shouldn't do coke. 

Double post.

4 hours ago, aRdja said:

I make fun of (and attack) politicians nowhere near as much as Rico does FFS.  That’s the fucking hypocrisy. Him calling me out for it despite him doing the very same thing if not moreso. The Amazon thing, he just had you fooled there I’m afraid. It was yet another lie that he made up and A Red propagated. I’ve never once ‘castigated’ anyone for using Amazon. I’m still a paying member of Amazon Prime. I just made one (Yup just one) passing comment about wanting to use it less, rather give my cash to the local economy than to Jeff Bezos. And no don’t worry, I don’t need you to apologise for accusing me of something I’ve never done. 

You're a trier, I'll give you that.

In this little spat no-one has criticised you for taking the view that you want to shop elsewhere other than Amazon or wanting to shop ethically. Good for you, well done, have a tick and go to the top of the class, its a great thing to do. No-one has accused you of criticising others for not doing what you do.

But, now this is the bit you need to read carefully, it was pointed out to you that doing this was hypocritical given the fact that you help fund the drugs trade. Its true, really it is. Now, read this bit carefully too, you are not on your own, everybody that says they try to shop ethically but buys drugs is the same as you. Now, continue to read carefully, Rico never denied taking drugs, you didnt find him out, its out there, but he has never claimed to be an ethical shopper, you have, he hasnt, you are the hypocrite in this instance. 

Now do you get it?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, A Red said:

In this little spat no-one has criticised you for taking the view that you want to shop elsewhere other than Amazon or wanting to shop ethically. Good for you, well done, have a tick and go to the top of the class, its a great thing to do. No-one has accused you of criticising others for not doing what you do.

But, now this is the bit you need to read carefully, it was pointed out to you that doing this was hypocritical given the fact that you help fund the drugs trade. Its true, really it is. Now, read this bit carefully too, you are not on your own, everybody that says they try to shop ethically but buys drugs is the same as you. Now, continue to read carefully, Rico never denied taking drugs, you didnt find him out, its out there, but he has never claimed to be an ethical shopper, you have, he hasnt, you are the hypocrite in this instance. 

Now do you get it?

BC8BCA51-6C16-447D-8449-A49A92D6E9C9.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Technically hypocritical or not, people who buy drugs are still allowed to express opinions on other matters of morality. I think that's relatively uncontroversial. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, mgw100 said:

Technically hypocritical or not, people who buy drugs are still allowed to express opinions on other matters of morality. I think that's relatively uncontroversial. 

This is sound so long as I don't have to listen to the coked up knobheads. 

3 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

6 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

We are all fucking hypocrites one way or another. He has acted like a stroppy teenager for days when it was pointed out to him that he was. I 

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

I'm getting flashbacks here

We've had to put up with a couple of flash forwards. Liverpool legend Sean the croc Dundee springs to mind.

3 hours ago, mgw100 said:

65,000 people have died in the Mexican drug wars to date, often teenagers. I think if you partake in a bit of coke at the weekends (like I do) you are part of this industry and have to cede your place on the moral high ground. You can still comment but you can no longer moralise to others from a lofty height. That’s just life. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

65,000 people have died in the Mexican drug wars to date, often teenagers. I think if you partake in a bit of coke at the weekends (like I do) you are part of this industry and have to cede your place on the moral high ground. You can still comment but you can no longer moralise to others from a lofty height. That’s just life. 

Could be worse. You could eat bats. 

45 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

62500 of those are Ardja’s doing. Not to mention the 426000 Indian kids who have died in sweatshops making his trainers. 

7 hours ago, A Red said:

Now do you get it?

I’ve never criticised anyone for using Amazon. I’m an Amazon Prime member and have been for five years. I’ve never claimed to be an ethical shopper. That’s yet another lie that you’ve made up to attack me. I made one post (one from 20k odd) about wanting to find a book I was recommended by another poster at the local book store, locally supporting the local economy as opposed to giving the cash to Jeff Bezos. That was it. Please explain the hypocrisy there. 

Now let’s get to the stuff that you’ve cowardly ignored... 

The other example of this supposed hypocrisy that he brought up was the fact that I attack and make fun of centrists regularly. He does the equivalent, but way more frequently than I do, have done it for a lot longer than I have (albeit to a different set of politicians/political commentators). If you honestly that it’s hypocritical of me (a person who enjoys getting high) to do that, what does that make him (also another person who enjoys getting high)? Why isn’t he held to the same standards as he does me?

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Don’t know why you Rico likes this... this applies to him too which is my whole fucking point. I agree with this sentiment btw, but unlike him I have some self-awareness... I’ve never once given any other poster a sanctimonious rant about using drugs (or using Amazon). 

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

If there's anyone of adult age still genuinely claiming a seat on that high ground, good luck to them. For the rest of us mortals, it's contradictions, compromises and ambiguities.

• Upvote 3