You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Putney Bridge Pusher

Bjornebye

That's what I meant with my query earlier.

What do you think from the footage? Do you think he'll be convicted of any offence, however severe?

Presumably he knew he was a wanted man and didn't hand himself in.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't charged (although who knows with some of the decisions you get nowdays). I suspect if he is charged it'll probably be common assault, but it depends on her injuries.

Just because he was arrested doesn't mean he didn't hand himself in. He may have contacted them, surrendered himself at the station and been arrested there, to save them going to his house.

Guest Pistonbroke

In that case he obviously hasn't handed himself in.

Yep, which won't help his case, as I mentioned earlier. Also, didn't this incident happen way back in May? 

I'd be surprised if he wasn't charged (although who knows with some of the decisions you get nowdays). I suspect if he is charged it'll probably be common assault, but it depends on her injuries.

Just because he was arrested doesn't mean he didn't hand himself in. He may have contacted them, surrendered himself at the station and been arrested there, to save them going to his house.

What do you get for common assault? Magistrates Court? A fine? Maybe 50 hours community service?

Meanwhile the rest of us can focus our outrage on people more worthy of it. Like cunts that swear at old ladies on the bus, park in parent & child spaces without kids and batter kids with dinner plates for having the temerity to enter a room unannounced.

• Upvote 1

You should be keeping a low profile, mate. Those dodgy Dutch eggs.

It's an absolute scandal. Luckily it seems to be mainly posh supermarkets like Albert Heijn that were getting supplied. I'm still getting bacon and egg sarnies for the train to work from Aldi and I haven't died yet.

Guest Pistonbroke

Yep, which won't help his case, as I mentioned earlier. Also, didn't this incident happen way back in May? 

Just reread the report. It happened in May but CCTV footage was only released a week ago. Still, if they arrested him at a residential address a full week after this being national news he really hasn't helped any case he wants to build. 

What do you get for common assault? Magistrates Court? A fine? Maybe 50 hours community service?

Meanwhile the rest of us can focus our outrage on people more worthy of it. Like cunts that swear at old ladies on the bus, park in parent & child spaces without kids and batter kids with dinner plates for having the temerity to enter a room unannounced.

It's a summary only offence, so Magistrates' court. Maximum 6 month sentence. Would need to know more about the injuries before giving you an idea of sentence, but would have thought custody unlikely.

Guest Pistonbroke

It's an absolute scandal. Luckily it seems to be mainly posh supermarkets like Albert Heijn that were getting supplied. I'm still getting bacon and egg sarnies for the train to work from Aldi and I haven't died yet.

Aldi have pulled all their eggs over here. 

I buy my eggs from a farm though. If I get the shits I'll just boot Farmer Schmidt in the balls. 

Guest Pistonbroke

It's a summary only offence, so Magistrates' court. Maximum 6 month sentence. Would need to know more about the injuries before giving you an idea of sentence, but would have thought custody unlikely.

He's already been released whilst police carry ongoing enquiries. 

Just reread the report. It happened in May but CCTV footage was only released a week ago. Still, if they arrested him at a residential address a full week after this being national news he really hasn't helped any case he wants to build.

I don't think it'll make much difference. He may not have known a complaint had been made to the police until the footage had been released. And then he may have been scared to hand himself in, or, if he doesn't watch the news or isn't on social media,he may not have known about it.

I don't think it'll make much difference. He may not have known a complaint had been made to the police until the footage had been released. And then he may have been scared to hand himself in, or, if he doesn't watch the news or isn't on social media,he may not have known about it.

Yes, but he's clearly an evil shyster Tory. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Yeah, but a fair point for anybody trying to save their arse. At the end of the day the law has to follow the rules and regulations to secure a charge. I'm sure with the snoopers charter they could easily check his records as to what he has followed on-line.