You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The club say he “will be out of action for several weeks,” which will likely rule him out of the start of the season, which Werder kick off with the DFB-Pokal on August 12.

Same old....misses pre-season, so won't be in any sort of shape to play even when over latest injury and hasn't played since Feb anyway (some shite with Guinea aside)....You can see at least first half of his season starting to be written off already.

36 minutes ago, an tha said:

The club say he “will be out of action for several weeks,” which will likely rule him out of the start of the season, which Werder kick off with the DFB-Pokal on August 12.

Same old....misses pre-season, so won't be in any sort of shape to play even when over latest injury and hasn't played since Feb anyway (some shite with Guinea aside)....You can see at least first half of his season starting to be written off already.

He'll be back in time for afcon no doubt. 

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I do genuinely wonder if a sports psychologist might be better for this lad, it can't all be physical. 

He's just a workshy, lazy cunt. Not sure they have. He's getting millions of pounds for not playing, I'd say he's never been happier.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The midfielder made his first start for his new club in Saturday's 3-2 defeat to Hoffenheim. However, Keita was taken off shortly before the hour mark with another knock.

More football than Thiago has managed this season mind.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

no chance. they're not that stupid. 

It genuinely baffles me why people are so sweet on him....i get he is a good player, but he has done nothing of note for us really.

None of this is to suggest he is shite - but for me some people are too hung up on the idea of Thiago to pay attention to the reality of Thiago..

The reality of Thiago is that he simply hasn't played very much and the matches where he's really dominated the opposition or controlled the game are fewer still. He's a good footballer, but for me he just doesn't fit with us the way he did at teams like Bayern Munich and Barcelona who were set up to smother teams to death with tippy tappy possession based football.

The idea he has been key for us or 'our best player' or helped us be successful is in my opinion simply wrong....

He has started 51 league matches in three and a bit seasons - 51 out of 122....

Our midfield has often looked ponderous and slow and been outfought, outthought, outrun and simply outplayed even with this supppsed superstar in it - Henderson and Fabinho were the ones who took the blame for the problems and they deserved to be criticised last season especially but did the arrival of Thiago really improve us?

And in my view it is hard to argue against  that our midfield has looked vastly better the last six months without him in it, including the last part of last season...We were getting hammered by the likes of Brentford, Brighton and Wolves in the last few games he actually started....

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

What a dickhead.

Former Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita faces “consequences” after walking out on his Werder Bremen team-mates after finding out he would not start in Sunday’s Bundesliga match against Bayer Leverkusen.

Keita, 29, was not listed in Werder’s squad for the match and sporting director Clemens Fritz clarified the situation ahead of kick-off.

“After Naby found out yesterday that he would not be playing from the start, he decided not to get on the bus but to go home,” Fritz said. “We will talk to him and his agent tomorrow about the consequences and how to proceed.”