You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 4 months later...

Yeah, he's been a humongous disappointment. I was listening to a podcast where they were doing a retrospective on his Leipzig career and they spoke about his bad last season there. Where his form dropped, he finished with 3 red cards and he had some fights in training. Maybe was a warning as to his mentality.

On paper a perfect signing at the time but maybe too much of a street footballer who didn't take his career as seriously as he should have.

And worryingly I think Diaz and Darwin are a bit similar in the vein of being rough diamonds who may be not be moldable enough. 

Don't usually hold resentment towards leaving players - unless we are talking like of Konchesky or Joke Hole or Diouf - but i find it hard to be in a 'thanks and best wishes' mindset towards Keita....

I feel his attitude has never been right from the off - and of course his problems with not being fit speak for themselves - is that part of it his fault? I suppose not, but given how often he was out with seemingly nothing injuries, you do have to wonder about his mindset towards playing.

Just a hugely disappointing player for us, and one who never really looked like he wanted it, and that for me is the worst type - a player can be not good enough and it is what it is - yeah it is disappointing, but some players just aren't....but a player who appears to not want it - that for me is unforgiveable...mayne that is harsh on Keita, but it is how I feel about him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think both Diaz and Nunez have enough upside, especially in willingness/work rate off the ball (in Nunez' case it is potential), to be useful. 

Keita's issue was certainly not that he wouldn't press/contribute off ball.

34 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

If we were Man U or City his signing would be a minor footnote in transfer history. But we need to make sure pretty much every big singing is a success. 

Which is why this summer is going to be absolutely crucial. We have to not only get the transfers spot on, we also have to stop messing around with the preseason like last summer which was a fucking disaster.

11 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Which is why this summer is going to be absolutely crucial. We have to not only get the transfers spot on, we also have to stop messing around with the preseason like last summer which was a fucking disaster.

I reckon we will do our business early - really early and then get our heads down for a solid pre season - with no messing around and no drawn out saga.

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

If we were Man U or City his signing would be a minor footnote in transfer history. But we need to make sure pretty much every big singing is a success. 

I actually think our management team thought he would come good, and have not bought someone to replace him and get him out of the club. What a waste.