You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I’ve been one of the few people on here which hasnt given up on him yet. 

But I’ve said all the time that he needs to be able to stay fit. Which is now getting obvious is never gonna happen.

If we can get any sort of money for him and Shaqiri we should try to offload them as soon as possible. 

I'd add Minamino and Origi to that list.

Sell the four of them and bring in another centre back and attacker. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

Got to be around 50m for the 4 of them get it banked and use it towards strengthening.

The 4 of them add nothing

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Dont necessarily disagree, but with those two for different reasons and is a different discussion. At the moment, with Jota out, I’d say we need both. They tend to be available for selection at least.

5 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Dont necessarily disagree, but with those two for different reasons and is a different discussion. At the moment, with Jota out, I’d say we need both. They tend to be available for selection at least.

Yeah atleast Minamino can stay healthy it seems, something that can’t be said for Shaq and Keita. With the amount of injuries we are getting, there is a lot to be said for players that are available for selection. 

I know I was the driver of the Keita train - his stats in the Bundesliga really were off the charts good - and I still think that he's been very good for us, unlike many, but even I won't complain if he's sold next summer.

I don't know what happened to him in the year between when we bought him and when he came, but he's just never been able to consistently be on the pitch. And if there's one Moneyball principle that works well pretty much across all sports, it's that injury-prone players are a bad investment.

Real shame. When he's in the team we are better, but he's just not in the team enough.

7 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I know I was the driver of the Keita train - his stats in the Bundesliga really were off the charts good - and I still think that he's been very good for us, unlike many, but even I won't complain if he's sold next summer.

I don't know what happened to him in the year between when we bought him and when he came, but he's just never been able to consistently be on the pitch. And if there's one Moneyball principle that works well pretty much across all sports, it's that injury-prone players are a bad investment.

Real shame. When he's in the team we are better, but he's just not in the team enough.

Are we really, though? Sincere question. He's missed so many games, we've essentially won the league and Champions League with a minimal overall contribution from him. Are we that much better statistically in games he starts in?

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I mean high level football as in, he's probably not meant to play for a club that plays 2-3 times a week, like we do. If he can’t stay fit, he should go to Werder  Bremen or something, and play once a week.

The cunt can't manage once per week. He comes back, plays a couple of games off the bench, gets a start, jumps out of a few tackles and takes another month off. 

23 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

And if there's one Moneyball principle that works well pretty much across all sports, it's that injury-prone players are a bad investment.

We seem to always have loads of crisp bags who can't get on the pitch. Maybe it can't be helped, but after 10 years of moneyball, I can't see that it's a principle we're that worried about. We don't just buy them, we extend their contracts. Lovren, matip, lallana, sturridge are all crisp bags and we re-signed them. Sturridge was only available in the 1st place because he couldn't get near the Chelsea team because he couldn't stay fit. Chamberlain is another who's never stayed fit through his career. 

• Upvote 4

Has to go, he's worse than Lallana for getting injured. 

Probably the most disappointing signing given the hype before we bought him and the amount of time we had to wait. 

He's only done a couple of things of any note since he's been here. He looks completely uninterested sometimes and doesn't seem to have any drive or determination to succeed. Just seems to drift in and out of games when he does play.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The cunt can't manage once per week. He comes back, plays a couple of games off the bench, gets a start, jumps out of a few tackles and takes another month off. 

We seem to always have loads of crisp bags who can't get on the pitch. Maybe it can't be helped, but after 10 years of moneyball, I can't see that it's a principle we're that worried about. We don't just buy them, we extend their contracts. Lovren, matip, lallana, sturridge are all crisp bags and we re-signed them. Sturridge was only available in the 1st place because he couldn't get near the Chelsea team because he couldn't stay fit. Chamberlain is another who's never stayed fit through his career. 

Was saying exactly the same to my lad today. He reckons its cos klopp likes to keep a settled squad happy with them all being mates and looking out for one another rather than re filling every year.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Was saying exactly the same to my lad today. He reckons its cos klopp likes to keep a settled squad happy with them all being mates and looking out for one another rather than re filling every year.

That's all well and good, but nobody is looking after anyone when they're in the treatment room and the team is running on fumes. If they want a couple of good lads around the place, get rid of these crisp bags, replace them with some footballers and hire me and a few of my mates and we'll be a bit of a laugh for them.  I'm sure I could find half a dozen mates willing to split a premier league players wages between us. 

3 hours ago, stringvest said:

Sell Keita and Wijnaldum.  Get a top class forward thinking midfielder in.  

Keep Wijnaldum. Sell Keita and Shaqiri in January if anyone is willing to pay held decent money for them.

Buy a CB and another attacking player. We have a top class forward thinking midfielder in the making in Curtis Jones. And another one in Harvey Elliott, who I reckon will not end up as a winger, but rather a midfielder.

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Keep Wijnaldum. Sell Keita and Shaqiri in January if anyone is willing to pay held decent money for them.

Buy a CB and another attacking player. We have a top class forward thinking midfielder in the making in Curtis Jones. And another one in Harvey Elliott, who I reckon will not end up as a winger, but rather a midfielder.

these young lads are not at the right level yet.  Jones is I suspect playing to orders, because he probably doesn't yet have the experience to make the right decisions to go with his natural game at this level.  I agree that they'll both play in the midfield.  But Wijnaldum, Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho do not fit into two defensive/central midfield slots.  And that's without Milner.  

I can see why Klopp wanted Keita, he does bring something different to the team when he plays, although he looks to be playing much more conservatively of late, maybe to avoid injuries? But he's just far too injury-prone to be kept on and will never be the player Klopp wants when he's injured half the time. Talented player but we should cut our losses and sell him in the summer.

14 minutes ago, stringvest said:

these young lads are not at the right level yet.  Jones is I suspect playing to orders, because he probably doesn't yet have the experience to make the right decisions to go with his natural game at this level.  I agree that they'll both play in the midfield.  But Wijnaldum, Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho do not fit into two defensive/central midfield slots.  And that's without Milner.  

Agree with your main points, the squad balance is wrong when it comes to midfielders. But as long as Fabinho has to cover ar CB, which will be the whole of this season, and probably parts of next as well, Wijnaldum has to stay. He is reliable, versatile and always available. 

Curtis Jones has taken massive steps, and the last weeks he’s looked a proper first team player. That’s a bonus as the other creative/attacking midfielders, Shaqiri, Ox and Minamino, either arent good enough, not able to stay fit or both.