You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

Just watching Wilshere hit that one over the top and wondered about a sneaky Bosman move for us, if he doesn’t sign a new deal with Arsenal?

Was always a good player, just had a horrible injury record.

Its the player he passed too we should be looking at. A direct replacement for Phil with 100m change to bring in reinforcements.

Obviously I wouldn’t say no to Sanchez, but I think he’s looking for a wage (£300k+ per week or something like that) that would smash our structure and would make several other players want parity or significant increases.

And while he’s a smashing player, I don’t like his body language when it’s not all going swimmingly for him. He spends too much time whining and waving his arms around.

Great player, but I think I’m convincing myself as I write - not for me, not now, not in this Liverpool side.

We're quite fortunate Sanchez hasn't bothered his hole this season, they'd be well ahead of us tbh.  They're only a point behind (if this stays like this) with a world class player clearly downing tools for most of the season.

Lets hope those goals is a blip and he reverts to what we've seen since August.

Two shots on target for Palace. I bet when Roy plays Call of Duty he sets up two claymores and snipes from a little hidey-hole on the edge of the map with a bolt-action rifle like a right pussy.

Then wanks himself silly over the fact that he has a 1:0 KD ratio, despite the fact he finishes bottom of the leaderboard every time.

I haven't been paying much attention to the League table recently but seeing the numbers of the Man City team is like seeing the table on Easy settings on FIFA. 58 points after 20 games with a +49 goal difference. Ridiculous.

I haven't been paying much attention to the League table recently but seeing the numbers of the Man City team is like seeing the table on Easy settings on FIFA. 58 points after 20 games with a +49 goal difference. Ridiculous.

Its basically fucked up the league. Any normal season, us signing a top class centre back after having lost only twice, you'd be thinking about a very real title challenge. Being 20 points behind them is surreal.

• Upvote 1

Its basically fucked up the league. Any normal season, us signing a top class centre back after having lost only twice, you'd be thinking about a very real title challenge. Being 20 points behind them is surreal.

We've drawn too many 8 isnt it. Even if City had not been on this hot streak and teams being shit scared of them the draws have killed us.

We've drawn too many 8 isnt it. Even if City had not been on this hot streak and teams being shit scared of them the draws have killed us.

Yeah, but in a normal season we'd still be thinking of ourselves as very good and with a bit of luck perhaps we could sniff the title race.

In 2013/14, after 20 games we had the exact same number of goals scored for and against as we do now, and one point more than we do. Then we went on a historic run and almost won the title that spring. But this season the idea of getting into a title race is just ludicrous, and that's down to how good City have been and has nothing to do with us.

Yeah, but in a normal season we'd still be thinking of ourselves as very good and with a bit of luck perhaps we could sniff the title race.

In 2013/14, after 20 games we had the exact same number of goals scored for and against as we do now, and one point more than we do. Then we went on a historic run and almost won the title that spring. But this season the idea of getting into a title race is just ludicrous, and that's down to how good City have been and has nothing to do with us.

Agreed. This is not the season for a challenge.

If you are considerably back in the grid, you have to get lucky and hope the oil teams aren't quite at it, and Guardiola is at it.

We are on course to get 72 points as it stands - that barely gets 4th in recent times let alone puts you in a title race.

We’ve been so unlucky to only have amassed as many points as we have, of the games we have drawn there’s not one that you would say we were lucky to take the point we should be at least 8-10 points better off.

We’ve been so unlucky to only have amassed as many points as we have, of the games we have drawn there’s not one that you would say we were lucky to take the point we should be at least 8-10 points better off.

Its not luck when we regularly spunk leads in games we are dominating, Its poor finishing in part but mainly dreadful defending . Bad decisions are not a factor if you take your chances and do the basics properly at the back

Anyone watching the Old firm

Not really watched any Scottish football in years but have Celtic gone backwards this year or are the rest catching up. Or is it just a poor display. Rangers have battered them at times today and a bit more quality up top and they'd be well in front.

Celtic at home in the derby 73 mins and not a shot on target