You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Herbal Medicines

My missus paid £30 for a 30ml bottle of the e-cig stuff. All it did was give us a headache so it's currently gathering dust alongside some other flavours I'm not keen on.

I find vaping weed is so much better than smoking. Been smoke free for 7 months.

I don't get that dirty groggy feeling the next day anymore and find the whole experience so much more enjoyable and I can probably function to 98.9% of my full capability when having it too.

The remaining 1.1% is the remaining can't be arsed percentage.

That e-cig weed is shite. Needs to be proper CBD oil or the THC one.

What do you use to smoke it, Skids? And where would I be able to find the oil. When I do get back on it it would be nice not to have to smoke tobacco with it.

Fully understand if you don't want to broadcast it on here and if you're at 98.9% functionality then a PM shouldn't trouble you too much.

• 3 weeks later...

Been having a bad time of it since Monday with the tiredness and I'm willing to try something new. She's been doing some research at work today and popped down to Holland & Barrett on her dinner to pick up one or two things for me to try.

She ended up coming back with just vitamin B12 and magnesium. No weird herbal shit. I was taking them for the best part of two weeks with next to no improvement in how I was feeling. Stopped taking them this week and I'm feeling loads better. Lesson learned. Stick to what you know.

I could fucking murder a spliff though.

She ended up coming back with just vitamin B12 and magnesium. No weird herbal shit. I was taking them for the best part of two weeks with next to no improvement in how I was feeling. Stopped taking them this week and I'm feeling loads better. Lesson learned. Stick to what you know.

I could fucking murder a spliff though.

Have one then. Everything in moderation....

Nah, if I buy some I'll keep smoking it until it's gone. And then I'll have tobacco lying around which I'm even keener to stay away from.

I'll wait until I turn temp-mong again and that'll be an excuse to spend a couple of weeks stoned as fuck.

Fair enough mate. Not sure any other herbal stuff will work to be honest, most of its bollocks.

Mrs G is into essential oils. Naturally I've made fun of the whole idea, as any supportive husband would. Before the new golf league started up, for example, I asked Mrs G which oil I could rub on my arms to help me hit it straight and true.

Anyhow, I was getting a headache the other day. And she suggested putting one of her oils on the temple at the side of my head, and a little on the side of my neck, and what do you know, it worked a treat. Took the headache away very quickly.

The company is Young Living and the oil in this case is marketed in a bottle called M-Grain. In looking at the ingredients, the blend in order: basil oil, margoram leaf oil, lavender oil, Roman chamomile, peppermint oil.

All I know is, it worked. No paracetamol or whatever. Just a dab of essential oil, and headache was gone.

Mrs G has loads of these things for various applications, but alas, nothing I saw to help a golf swing.

The Mrs has been going on and off to a homeopathic practicioner in Old Swan for years and has had very positive results off him. He was also very helpful when our daughter was having quite debilitating stomach problems a few years back. and our doctors were not really helping too much.

Obviously medical help is the only way for serious health issues but for the lesser problems they can often give a lot more time and interest than overworked GP's ( At a price of course ).