You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pokemon Go

RedinSweden

I've got no problem with people playing games, I play COD and have done for years, but surely this is just for kids ?? it's like playing Nintendogs or something, I can't get my head aorund the appeal ???

Oh and you better believe I'm negging everyone who persists with pokemon and pikachu 'jokes'.

• Downvote 1

I've got no problem with people playing games, I play COD and have done for years, but surely this is just for kids ?? it's like playing Nintendogs or something, I can't get my head aorund the appeal ???

Oh and you better believe I'm negging everyone who persists with pokemon and pikachu 'jokes'.

A lot of people who played Pokémon are now in their late 20s Al. If there was a good Sonic game I'd be all over it.

A lot of my friends are playing it and they range from 22 to 29 years old. It's not officially released yet here either so they're creating fake American accounts or whatever.

I remember loving Pokémon red/blue, it was my first experience with a game like that and I watched the cartoon and bought the cards over the course of the summer but I soon grew out of it. I was shocked to find out many of my friends played all the latest releases.

Part of me wants to ridicule them but at the same time I read comics and not just good ones, I'll read trash from the 80s and 90s, they're just feel good nostalgia for me and even though the thought of grown men and women chasing Pokémon amuses me, I think about the thousands of hours Ive put into FM, PES and FIFA and I don't feel so clever..

Especially when I realise this is just gonna be something they lose interest with in a week or 2 where as I'm going to be playing those games for a few more years yet

• Upvote 1

Any adult taking part in this shit should be ashamed.

While it's not something that interests me I'm not sure a forum where we celebrate all dressing the same and cheering 11 men while they kick a ball around a patch of grass is the place to comment on whats pathetic or shameful.

Couldn't resist. Have downloaded and got Squirtle in the house. The map is showing a bird thing across the road down an alleyway but it's locked and only for people who live there. Off into town later I think, so will see if it works properly outside or not.

Am going to try really hard not to get noticed actually playing. 37 year old man walking around catching pokemon, fuck that. If there's people around where I see anything will just leave it!

They'll be too busy looking at your tin hat to worry about games on your phone.

• Upvote 1

You'll get arrested in no time if people get onto your pattern of behaviour doing that mate. Turning a corner to a pokemon hot spot with your phone in hand, only to see a group of fellow hunters and then slip your phone nonchalantly back in your pocket and change direction while whistling innocently.

Only because they're jealous that they don't have one. Reminds me of this I read a short while ago : Crazy conspiracy theory: What if Pokemon Go was used for massive spying operations?

You'll get arrested in no time if people get onto your pattern of behaviour doing that mate. Turning a corner to a pokemon hot spot with your phone in hand, only to see a group of fellow hunters and then slip your phone nonchalantly back in your pocket and change direction while whistling innocently.

Am not hugely bothered already because the augmented reality bit doesn't work on my phone, as it doesn't have a needed gyroscope. So the main appeal of it for me has already gone. Will try it in the future though maybe and see what it's like if I get a better phone. I hope they develop the AR aspect for other games more aimed at older players, as there's the potential to make some good and original games with it.

• Upvote 1