You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Blair is less popular than me in the latest yougov poll, and I'm a right cunt!

Blair was a 'right cunt' to.Though the most damning part of the two words is that he was right. He spoke right, acted right and thought right. The only time he ever seemed from the left left, was when he fucked off and left. The right cunt. 

• Upvote 1

Blair was a 'right cunt' to.Though the most damning part of the two words is that he was right. He spoke right, acted right and thought right. The only time he ever seemed from the left left, was when he fucked off and left. The right cunt. 

I make you left, and right.

Wow.

I'd find it hard to believe a tory would defect to a hardline left run party.

The guy in question has recently become a born again god fearing christian, who after being a member of the Tory party for over 60 years since his teens has now decided that the Labour party represent his new found christian values of helping the poor and needy better than the Torys.

I doubt the Labout party are celebrating their new/old Thatcher supporting addition to the team.

10 returnees among 21 front bench posts announced. Includes Jack Dromey, could be interesting fireside chats with his wife.

Despite the bits of bad press here and there I think it has been a good few days for Corbyn. He has got 16 cabinet defectors to return, got the NEC balance seemingly in his favour, had an olive branch accepted by Tom Watson & got rid of some of the major chicken coup plotters like Winterton & McGinn.

Hopefully the diet of daily dispute stories will dissipate & we might even start to look to attack the government for a change.

The guy in question has recently become a born again god fearing christian, who after being a member of the Tory party for over 60 years since his teens has now decided that the Labour party represent his new found christian values of helping the poor and needy better than the Torys.

I doubt the Labout party are celebrating their new/old Thatcher supporting addition to the team.

Wouldn't the Lib Dems be more suitable?

Guardian/ICM poll gives Tories 17-point post-conference lead

Political parties normally expect a modest post-conference bounce in the polls (because, if they are half-competent at PR, they can generally create a large quantity of mostly favourable media coverage) but the Conservatives will be delighted with the latest findings from the regular Guardian/ICM poll. It gives them a 17-point lead.

Here are the new figures, and how they compare to the previous Guardian/ICM polling figures from early September, before the conference season started.

Conservatives: 43% (up 2)

Labour: 26% (down 2)

Ukip: 11% (down 2)

Lib Dems: 8% (down 1)

Greens: 6% (up 2)

The fieldwork was carried out from Friday to Sunday.

The 17-point lead is the joint second highest ever recorded for the Conservatives by ICM in its polling series going back to 1992. They only once got a higher lead (20 points in June 2008, when Gordon Brown was at his most unpopular) although in September and October 2009 they also had a 17-point lead in ICM polls. But Labourdid have larger polling leads at various points in the Blair era.

At 26%, the Labour figure is only one point higher than their lowest rating in ICM polling - the 25% they hit in June 2008 and August 2009.

The Conservative co

Oh, he's gone mad. Poor bloke.

Guardian/ICM poll gives Tories 17-point post-conference lead

Political parties normally expect a modest post-conference bounce in the polls (because, if they are half-competent at PR, they can generally create a large quantity of mostly favourable media coverage) but the Conservatives will be delighted with the latest findings from the regular Guardian/ICM poll. It gives them a 17-point lead.

Here are the new figures, and how they compare to the previous Guardian/ICM polling figures from early September, before the conference season started.

Conservatives: 43% (up 2)

Labour: 26% (down 2)

Ukip: 11% (down 2)

Lib Dems: 8% (down 1)

Greens: 6% (up 2)

The fieldwork was carried out from Friday to Sunday.

The 17-point lead is the joint second highest ever recorded for the Conservatives by ICM in its polling series going back to 1992. They only once got a higher lead (20 points in June 2008, when Gordon Brown was at his most unpopular) although in September and October 2009 they also had a 17-point lead in ICM polls. But Labourdid have larger polling leads at various points in the Blair era.

At 26%, the Labour figure is only one point higher than their lowest rating in ICM polling - the 25% they hit in June 2008 and August 2009.

The Conservative co

Even allowing for Labour & UKIP travails, the thought that you can increase your share of people's approval by suggesting a policy of putting foreigner workers on a list makes me despair. I keep hearing that people aren't racists, no siree bob, that they voted for Brexit for an amalgam of reasons , but it does seem like the country is full of cunts at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Polling doesn't look good. If they could just come together now and focus on keeping the government in check over Brexit it would be a start. The PLP needs to realise that Brexit is the only game in town at this point and things could look very different in 12 months time.

Hopefully the new whips will help, after the last lot did such a bang-up job.

Getting a bit fed up of the way the SNP are painting themselves as some right thinking liberal-ass Tory antidote. Every time I go on Facebook someone's posting tweets by that Mihiri Black or whatever the fuck telling everyone where the bears shit in the buckwheat.

'come to Scotland where all are welcome unlike in bigoted England'

Fucking hell, I love the Scots, half my family are Scots, but one thing I don't associate them with is tolerance.

• Upvote 1

Getting a bit fed up of the way the SNP are painting themselves as some right thinking liberal-ass Tory antidote. Every time I go on Facebook someone's posting tweets by that Mihiri Black or whatever the fuck telling everyone where the bears shit in the buckwheat.

Fucking hell, I love the Scots, half my family are Scots, but one thing I don't associate them with is tolerance.

One of many things that have baffled me in politics lately is the disconnect in the write-up between the Scottish Brexit results and the overall Labour party results considering they are very similar. Corbyn had to fight of a coup whereas Janette Krankie disappeared up her own arsehole in smugness and public approbation.

I've never seen Mhairi Black trying to paint any "Scotland good/England bad" pictures.  She's a lefty who despises right-wing attitudes.  Nowt wrong with that.

One of many things that have baffled me in politics lately is the disconnect in the write-up between the Scottish Brexit results and the overall Labour party results considering they are very similar. Corbyn had to fight of a coup whereas Janette Krankie disappeared up her own arsehole in smugness and public approbation.

It's almost as if the tax-dodging billionaires who own the media are out to discredit Corbyn and are happy to ignore Sturgeon.

• Upvote 2

I find this extremely disappointing:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/labour-peer-shami-chakrabarti-dubbed-9009201

Labour peer Shami Chakrabarti is dubbed a 'sell-out' as it's claimed she won't vote against 'Snooper's Charter'

The ex-director of Liberty will abstain from vote, despite opposing controversial Investigatory Powers Bill in the past

New Labour peer Shami Chakrabarti is slammed today for abandoning her principles, The Sunday People can reveal.

The former director of human rights group Liberty opposed the Government’s Investigatory Powers Bill dubbed the Snooper’s Charter .

But this week Jeremy Corbyn ’s new shadow Attorney-General will abstain with other Labour peers on a vote in the House of Lords allowing it to be passed.

That has infuriated Lib Dem leader Tim Farron whose peers will be voting against the Bill.

He stormed: “Shami sold her principles to get a peerage.

“She has sold the final bit of her credibility by accepting a shadow Cabinet role in a party which plans to sit on its hands and wave through this illiberal and intrusive Bill.”

The new law will allow MI5 and MI6 to collect vast quantities of personal internet data.

The intelligence services argue this will better equip them to fight terrorism.

But in February Ms Chakrabarti said: “The Government needs to pause, take stock and redraft.”

She added: “The case for unprecedented powers to bulk hack, intercept and collect our private data has not been made.”

And after extra safeguards were added she said in March: “Minor Botox has not fixed this Bill.”

Mr Farron added: “What really smarts is that she has spent her whole career attacking others for the craven thing she is about to do.

“Shame on her. I actually thought better of her.”

A Labour source in the Lords confirmed that Ms Chakrabarti will not vote against the Bill.

He said: “Our peers are instructed to abstain.

“We would expect all frontbenchers to follow the whip.”

Disappointed in Corbyn, too, if that's the official party line.  I'll not listen to any claims about tactics - abstain here, so we can tackle it later on, or whatever - because Corbyn got a lot of credit last year for being the only one of the four leadership candidates to vote against some Tory cuntishness, when the party line was to abstain.

Disappointed in Corbyn, too, if that's the official party line.  I'll not listen to any claims about tactics - abstain here, so we can tackle it later on, or whatever - because Corbyn got a lot of credit last year for being the only one of the four leadership candidates to vote against some Tory cuntishness, when the party line was to abstain.

Oh, look, I just criticised Corbyn.

I suppose I'll have to put a brick through my window or send myself a death-threat on Twitter.  That's the kind of thing we cult-followers do.

• Upvote 1