You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

And on and on it goes. Labour don’t deserve power all they deserve is contempt.

And what does the Conservative party deserve? Oh and while we're at it, what in your opinion do the lib dems deserve?

This shithousery has gone on too long, we've seen Boris lose his rag, keep poking him with the shitty stick. All of them, Gove the snake slithering in at opportune moments hiding when it might reflect upon him "trusssssst in meee... trussst in me" 

Fuck public opinion, fuck trying to win hearts and minds just be a fucking nightmare for tories, highlight their corruption and behaviour constantly. Labour's only use at the minute is the platform they get to speak on. it's not difficult to be a cunt and lay into tories, cheap points, make up 3 word slogans about tories. Starmer should make it a goal to piss off Boris at least once a day and every Labour MP should make a daily goal of highlighting any  tory chumocracy, expenses behaviour, racist comments, attacks on freedoms and workers rights. "What would you do if you were in power"... "were not in power its not election time its our job to hold the government to account and frankly its behaviour and attacks on democracy and just basic decency have been nothing short of disgusting next question please, maybe something about Boris cheating on his wife"

It's not realistic, I'm just pissed off with the free ride the tories get when this is easily the worst government and the worst front bench of genuinely awful human beings we've ever had, making truly terrible self interested decisions at everyone's expense.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

This shithousery has gone on too long, we've seen Boris lose his rag, keep poking him with the shitty stick. All of them, Gove the snake slithering in at opportune moments hiding when it might reflect upon him "trusssssst in meee... trussst in me" 

Fuck public opinion, fuck trying to win hearts and minds just be a fucking nightmare for tories, highlight their corruption and behaviour constantly. Labour's only use at the minute is the platform they get to speak on. it's not difficult to be a cunt and lay into tories, cheap points, make up 3 word slogans about tories. Starmer should make it a goal to piss off Boris at least once a day and every Labour MP should make a daily goal of highlighting any  tory chumocracy, expenses behaviour, racist comments, attacks on freedoms and workers rights. "What would you do if you were in power"... "were not in power its not election time its our job to hold the government to account and frankly its behaviour and attacks on democracy and just basic decency have been nothing short of disgusting next question please, maybe something about Boris cheating on his wife"

It's not realistic, I'm just pissed off with the free ride the tories get when this is easily the worst government and the worst front bench of genuinely awful human beings we've ever had, making truly terrible self interested decisions at everyone's expense.

That would depend on having a leader and a shadow cabinet with principles and a personality. Sadly, they appear to have neither.

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

If only the left would stop going on about Corbyn, we could all unite and move on.

It’s a pretty big story though in truth.

If the funds come from personally signed off, but not fully approved, union funds it puts Len in a really uncomfortable position, which is looking likely.

Corbyn  is the side show here.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Oh, I agree, but would mean the people be of Big Len, that’s before the building irregularities hanging over him.

Sound.

Sack him, chuck him in jail, chuck him in the sea, shoot him in the leg. Labour just needs to stop playing out this tedious fucking circus in public. 

Labour MPs spent an inordinate amount of time discussing themselves.

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Seems sketchy. I mean, the idea of politicians relieving money for legal costs from a union, from union members subs, is all a bit greasy anyway. What’s going on with his legal challenge that was going to have Starmer over a barrel? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/01/alleged-leakers-of-labour-antisemitism-report-should-not-be-named-rules-judge

No dice.

If they were allowed to be named they could sue the individuals for leaking.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Maybe I’m losing track - there’s quite a few tracks at this point - but I think the one that was supposed to lay bare Starmer’s legal incompetence was the whip removal. 

11 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Maybe I’m losing track - there’s quite a few tracks at this point - but I think the one that was supposed to lay bare Starmer’s legal incompetence was the whip removal. 

Oh, no, this was a different one from that where people were suing Labour for claims made against them made around their behaviour last election.

So, they were suing Labour now, under Starmer, for things that happened under Corbyn, leading to an odd situation where you had ‘right wing shills’ trying to sue Starmers Labour and making it incredibly difficult so that individuals names could be released so they could then sue them.

It was Unison against Unite when it came to funding.

Emilie Oldhow is Jonathon Ashworths wife to further muddy the waters. 

Classic clusterfuck.

9 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Oh, no, this was a different one from that where people were suing Labour for claims made against them made around their behaviour last election.

So, they were suing Labour now, under Starmer, for things that happened under Corbyn, leading to an odd situation where you had ‘right wing shills’ trying to sue Starmers Labour and making a incredibly difficult so that individuals names could be released so they could then due them.

It was Unison against Unite when it came to funding.

Emilie Oldhow is Jonathon Ashworths wife to further muddy the waters. 

Classic clusterfuck.

I wasn’t meaning the one connected with this funding stuff, mate. I probably should have put the comment in a new paragraph. I was legit wondering how all that ‘Starmer Has fucked himself by removing the whip’ stuff was going in addition to this stuff. Last I heard was back in January when the judge refused the documents requested. 

Edit: this one. I just wondered if anything further happened or if it was dropped. Some of (to quote Corbyn on his form) his ‘supporters’ on Twitter and on here were quite bullish about it. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/jeremy-corbyn-loses-first-round-of-his-court-battle-with-labour-chiefs/ar-BB1d9Ljx