You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Copa America

You will struggle to find a worse decision than the goal Uruguay have just had ruled out.

The keeper tackled his own player and then punched the ball in to the back of his net.

And that's just become a lot more costly

Uruguay have deserved fuck all really, they spent the entire first half just kicking Mexico.

Can't be doing with watching any more games on that channel (Fox America Sports, I think). Commentary by an American using terminology possibly from American sports. Certainly not sports I was familiar with anyway. I had no idea what the fuck he was talking about. The other commentator appeared to be a young Mexican girl.

Was hoping to find that Geordie loon commentating.

Brings to mind their 60s to 80s vintage.

When Suarez isn't playing they seem to accept that they aren't capable of scoring many goals, so just play like Wimbledon.

Seems slightly unnecessary. They could play Cavani upfront with Hernandez. Fuck knows why Rolan gets games, he was especially shit yesterday. What they really lack is a decent number 10. I quite like Ramirez as a player, but I've just checked his record for Uruguay and he's never scored a goal for them.

There's a lad that plays in Brazil called De Arrascaeta who's quite decent. Would look a bit lost in a Tabarez side though.

Got £100 on Suarez to be top scorer. I know he's out of the first game, but he'll be absolutely flying after Ali's death.

I put a few bob on him as well. 12-1 I got. Seemed very generous considering he's coming off the back of a season in which he scored what was it 48 goals?

I put a few bob on him as well. 12-1 I got. Seemed very generous considering he's coming off the back of a season in which he scored what was it 48 goals?

There are four teams much better than Uruguay though. For him to be top scorer he's going to need to get about four or five against Jamaica as I can't see Uruguay getting beyond the last eight. Mind you, he's more than capable of getting four or five against Jamaica.

I think Hernandez (Mexico) and Sanchez (Chile) are decent outside shouts for top goal scorer, especially as now that Mexico have beaten Uruguay is seems pretty likely that the two teams will meet in the quarters, and then probably face a Neymarless Brazil in the semis.

Argentina look quite likely to share their goals.

When Suarez isn't playing they seem to accept that they aren't capable of scoring many goals, so just play like Wimbledon.

Seems slightly unnecessary. They could play Cavani upfront with Hernandez. Fuck knows why Rolan gets games, he was especially shit yesterday. What they really lack is a decent number 10. I quite like Ramirez as a player, but I've just checked his record for Uruguay and he's never scored a goal for them.

There's a lad that plays in Brazil called De Arrascaeta who's quite decent. Would look a bit lost in a Tabarez side though.

Don't know about playing like Wimbledon but they certainly play more direct football when Cavani is the main front man.

59 goals.