You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 97

Anubis

The prejudice/Contempt Of Court Act limitations on reporting etc have already kicked in, so it's important to watch what you say now.

I've got a feeling, contrary to what I said above, that Duckenfield might plead guilty. He's seemed a bit of a broken man and made a few admissions during the inquests. I'm in no way feeling sorry for him, but he's come across recently as a bloke who's just had enough of it all. Not sure he's got the get up and go to fight out a trial.

Bettison will cling on to the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if their defence teams argued that both the infamy and magnitude of the disaster and the previous suggestions of guilt on some parties in the Taylor Report, the HIP reports and the inquests have all but done away with any chance of them having a fair, non-prejudiced trial.

They've tried every slimy tatic in the book up until now, so nothing would surprise me. Including more sudden onsets of illness....

All of the above comes with the clear expression that all the charged are innocent until proven guilty, of course.

• Upvote 2

I am really surprised no one has killed or at least filled in Kelvin Mckenzie. He's such a massive twat who seems to get off on annoying people, spreading lies and treating other human beings like shit. Hope he ends up like Colonel Gaddafi getting dragged out of a sewer, raped then shot in the head.

• Upvote 3

I am just touched that the S** newspapers coverage of the news

They way they saluted the courage of the families of the 96 because of their bravery to overcome corruption and dishonesty to lead the fight for justice.

They even published a timeline of events from then to now and the hurdles overcome.

Rather bravely they never mentioned the fight was made harder by corrupt press vermin who were eager to collude with corrupt police to besmirch the reputations of the dead and those who attempted to help them. But the paper saluted the dogged pursuit of the truth behind that day.

Well fuck me. How on earth can any human being work for that piece of shit

• Upvote 1

The Murdoch owned Aussie paper, The Courier Mail, reported the CPS charging decision under the headline of "Charges At Last In Stadium Riot Case"

Cunts.

Is that fucking true? 

EDIT: just looked on their site, doesn't seem to be?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/six-people-charged-over-hillsborough-stadium-disaster-in-1989-including-former-police-chiefs/news-story/d24472b9a65b48e66d90f91355eaf711

Anyway, i'm more happy about Bettison getting charged than Duckenfield. Fuck them both but Bettison is a horrid cunt and I hope he rots. 

• 2 months later...

Apologies if it's elsewhere, but the Sainsbury's in Walton Rice lane has been selling the scum under the counter.... Avoid.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-sainsburys-secretly-selling-sn-13697940

The bigger issue is who’s the pricks that are sneaky enough to go and ask for it!

Sainsbury’s are a nationwide store that would stock dead kittens if they could sell them so them selling them “under the counter” isn’t all that surprising, for me it’s the scumbags that actually go in and buy it that’s the most shocking.

Won't Sainsbury's be contractually obliged to stock The S*n?

They'll be keeping it under the counter, so as not to offend the vast majority of customers, who won't touch the rag.

Non-story, in my opinion.

Would they be contractually obliged? (I honestly don't know so is a genuine question)...

The story for me though is who the fuck buys it - we aren't talking about one of the heavily populated by students areas for example here ala Smithdown Road where people aren't necessarily understanding of things....this is Walton FFS.

The bigger issue is who’s the pricks that are sneaky enough to go and ask for it!

Sainsbury’s are a nationwide store that would stock dead kittens if they could sell them so them selling them “under the counter” isn’t all that surprising, for me it’s the scumbags that actually go in and buy it that’s the most shocking.

Spot on. What fucking cunt is sneaking in to buy it?

Would they be contractually obliged? (I honestly don't know so is a genuine question)...

The story for me though is who the fuck buys it - we aren't talking about one of the heavily populated by students areas for example here ala Smithdown Road where people aren't necessarily understanding of things....this is Walton FFS.

I think some of the publications sell the entire range, so you take the times, you get the rag for example. I don't know if the big stores work like the old days where they only paid for what they sold. If Sainsbury's have to buy it to get the rest of the range, it's no shock they're trying to sell what they can.

The issue is people buying it for me. I can't quite get my head around it. Even students just arriving in the city. They should be educated as they walk in and know it's respectful to the city they're going to live in for the next few years to not touch the shit rag.

Spot on. What fucking cunt is sneaking in to buy it? I think some of the publications sell the entire range, so you take the times, you get the rag for example. I don't know if the big stores work like the old days where they only paid for what they sold. If Sainsbury's have to buy it to get the rest of the range, it's no shock they're trying to sell what they can.

The issue is people buying it for me. I can't quite get my head around it. Even students just arriving in the city. They should be educated as they walk in and know it's respectful to the city they're going to live in for the next few years to not touch the shit rag.

Yeah baffling

When i worked in a newsagents after leaving school on a YTS all the newspapers were on a 'sale or return' basis.

• 1 month later...