You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Tactics

Mil-ing Around

Benitez wouldn't work well at any top club again. The game has passed him by a bit.

As far as big clubs go maybe yeah but I reckon people will be surprised what he achieves. If Ashley gives him a few bob to spend next summer could see him get Newcastle into a Europa spot no problem.

A lot of sides did that to us last season in home matches with letting Clyne have plenty of the ball as well.

Clyne's played RB all his career, he's lightning quick always on the overlap, his attacking contribution is hugely underestimated. He helps stretch teams and open teams up and provides a decent amount of quality crosses. He uses the ball far more quickly and efficiently than Gomez who is ponderous and always looks to play backwards.

Clyne's played RB all his career, he's lightning quick always on the overlap, his attacking contribution is hugely underestimated. He helps stretch teams and open teams up and provides a decent amount of quality crosses. He uses the ball far more quickly and efficiently than Gomez who is ponderous and always looks to play backwards.

I like Clyne but he isn't lightning quick, and his crosses are poor. Gomez is a centre half by trade, unused to getting forward. Clyne would be first choice if fit, Alexander Arnold in a few years will be better than both probably, but he will likely be a midfielder then. His best position.

• Upvote 1

In what way?  Weren't you making a similar argument about the game passing Mourinho by?  He seems to be doing okay of late.

That he won't have success with a club like us the same way he did. His tactics don't compete with modern managers are doing.

I still think that about Mourinho, I don't think they'll sustain that over a season to beat City to the league. 

I may well be wrong about Mourinho but Rafa has hardly pulled up any trees since leaving us. 

That he won't have success with a club like us the same way he did. His tactics don't compete with modern managers are doing.

I still think that about Mourinho, I don't think they'll sustain that over a season to beat City to the league. 

I may well be wrong about Mourinho but Rafa has hardly pulled up any trees since leaving us. 

I think Rafa has a good track record since leaving us.  A couple of major trophies and a promotion would get him a knighthood if he was born in Surrey.

Mourinho won two trophies last season and doesn't look like he's ready to throw in the towel just yet.

There's more than one way to skin a cat and for me their tactics, which will have been modified over time, remain just as relevant today as they were fifteen years ago.    

I think Rafa has a good track record since leaving us.  A couple of major trophies and a promotion would get him a knighthood if he was born in Surrey.

Mourinho won two trophies last season and doesn't look like he's ready to throw in the towel just yet.

There's more than one way to skin a cat and for me their tactics, which will have been modified over time, remain just as relevant today as they were fifteen years ago.    

But tactics do move on and catch most managers out bar probably one fella in history.

But tactics do move on and catch most managers out bar probably one fella in history.

Perhaps, but even then you still get anomalies like Claudio Ranieri winning the league with a club like Leicester aged in his 70s.  If he can do it then so can Mourinho and Benitez.

https://www.balls.ie/football/can-lightning-strike-twice-claudio-ranieri-time-ligue-1-374927

Another case of an injured player becoming even better from the stands! I don't rate Gomez either even as a Centre Back but plenty of people moan about Clyne despite him being excellent in his role.

When he talks, he effuses "winning mentality", doesn't he? The fans not cheering shite players, the lack of luck, the transfer window timeline, the winter schedule, the other teams not selling us their best players, the journalists. What else are you going to blame next Jurgen, the color of the opposition's kit?

Who on here said he was good with the press? Because personally I think he's been talking Hodgson levels of guff for a while now.

Klopp: "We don't feel perfect in this moment - you (journalists) write things and the boys read it and they don't feel too good about it."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He needs to regroup and stop feeling sorry for himself. If he is honest, he'd reflect that he has made a bit of a cock up of the transfer window and how he has shaped this squad.

That's fine, we can work with that. But he needs to start making the correct noises and making better choices now.

When he talks, he effuses "winning mentality", doesn't he? The fans not cheering shite players, the lack of luck, the transfer window timeline, the winter schedule, the other teams not selling us their best players, the journalists. What else are you going to blame next Jurgen, the color of the opposition's kit?

Who on here said he was good with the press? Because personally I think he's been talking Hodgson levels of guff for a while now.

Klopp: "We don't feel perfect in this moment - you (journalists) write things and the boys read it and they don't feel too good about it."

*meekly raises hand*

• Upvote 2

What a load of fucking crap. He talks to the press well, he doesnt suffer fools gladly (you should probably reflect on that yourself) and is pretty much on top of things like the King was.

Klopp gets angry being asked the same stupid questions 10 or 12 different ways in every presser. Id fucking lamp the clowns asking the same questions week in week out so think he shows remarkable restraint.

• Upvote 1

You don't know that , I think if Klopp jibbed us off Rafa would be the best option, I would expect him to sort our defence out for starters,

Could you imagine Rafa putting up with Michael Edwards' spreadsheets and FSG's lowballing bullshit? He'd be bitching to James Pearce after about five minutes in the job.

He'd want to replace about half the squad straightaway as well, and FSG would fucking implode at the thought of trying to sign more than two first team players in a single window.

Ha ha. It is true though. Personally, I like Klopp and am more than happy for him to be here. Anyway, any talk of Benitez is pointless, as FSG wouldn't entertain the idea of giving him the job.

Whether things have changed who knows but you're probably right. I doubt it will ever become a live issue again anyway

Actually yeah he'd bin off half the squad and expose FSG for the frauds that they are.

The reason why Ancelotti didn't get a call back.

Edit: before the supes have an aneurysm, I'm not calling for Klopp to be sacked and replaced with him