You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

All Boris wanted was some traction for his future leadership bid. The fact that he was willing to play fast and loose with the country in order to get it should tell people everthing they need to know about him but I'm sure that when the leadership contest happens he'll just say 'ahhhh. mmmm', ruffle his hair and be elected before you can say 'miserable conniving shitstain'.

I'm know it's been discussed on here plenty how exposed he would quickly be as PM, but I was saying to our lass again just last week how Coco the Clown over there will be the proverbial omnishambles on an unprecedented blatant level.

Looking at it today, could anything possibly ever display how unfit this human shitsack is for that level of office and responsibility, more than his performance here?

It's not the absence of a single scruple, the fuck everyone and everything else blonde ambition, lack of responsibility and zero ownership of his own mess following the result, it's the sheer lack of any judgement or shrewd political nous displayed throughout.

He's even been outmanouvered by the twitching political corpse of C3PO made of ham as it was carried away on a cart, over Article 50. If Saw films are ever set in a boarding school then the trap Good Old Boris is caught in's guaranteed an appearance.

• Upvote 1

In response to a recent Greenwald article (posted an extract further back in this thread) on Reddit's anarchism forum :

nnGt8wz.png

Also, while we're looking at the rise of racists because we're out of the EU, the EU itself isn't exactly helping the situation across Europe by funding an alliance of them almost half a million pounds : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36213156

To their credit, they're at least trying to sort the situation out, which can be seen here : http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/news-room/20160512IPR27173/EP-to-check-Alliance-for-Peace-and-Freedom%E2%80%99s-compliance-with-EU-basic-principles

That's just one incident though (which in itself could have consequences impossible to determine, fuck knows what an alliance like that does with almost half a million), if we look at all of the combined problems connected to the EU there's a lot of racism being spawned from their actions. Fleecing most of the population (making some more likely to turn to fascist groups), exploiting so many overseas via corporations and imbalanced trade agreements, and starting conflicts is just fuel for it.

I think this is important to look at because if we're bothered about racist abuse and attacks from groups and individuals from this country after the leave vote, it doesn't make any sense to then not look at related problems on the other side. Or to stop looking at them if they end up back on our side, if we have an eventual 2nd referendum and we re-enter the EU madhouse.

The mainstream media are a bunch of scum with this as well. They might be hunting around for whatever racism they find now (yes, good that they're doing this.), but it's probably to further their own agendas, as sickening as it is to even have to think about this. If we end up back in the EU they're likely to stop reporting on it almost completely, and we can be almost sure that there's no way it's suddenly going to stop just because we're back in league with our corporate overlords.

This is the last hurrah of the fucking empire.

The stench of it is stifling.

I think there's some truth in this.

Older folk given the last chance to make a statement, to reason that their lives devoted to an idea, "Britain", weren't in vain.

They are a generation that were mostly, born, bred, wed and buried in the same singular community.  The idea of identity (the one that actually went decades ago) not being a fixed, but a transient notion, is one that frightens them.  "British" doesn't have the same meaning they think it should have.  They are confused.  Confusion breeds fear, fear breeds contempt.

They were given one last opportunity to make a statement that Britain was actually "great" before they popped off.  They took it.

"Britain is great, isn't it, Alice?"  /  "Yes, our dad, it's still grand.  Now close your eyes, it's time to rest..."

I think there's some truth in this.

Older folk given the last chance to make a statement, to reason that their lives devoted to an idea, "Britain", weren't in vain.

They are a generation that were mostly, born, bred, wed and buried in the same singular community. The idea of identity (the one that actually went decades ago) not being a fixed, but a transient notion, is one that frightens them. "British" doesn't have the same meaning they think it should have. They are confused. Confusion breeds fear, fear breeds contempt.

They were given one last opportunity to make a statement that Britain was actually "great" before they popped off. They took it.

"Britain is great, isn't it, Alice?" / "Yes, our dad, it's still grand. Now close your eyes, it's time to rest..."

It feels all a bit "Everton aren't we" to me.

It's been a good day on the ftse so far. Back towards 6100. The pound doing well too, towards yesterday afternoons 1.33

Hopefully it will stay there, but I suspect its a temporary rally. Nothing ever goes up or down in a straight line.

All Boris wanted was some traction for his future leadership bid.  The fact that he was willing to play fast and loose with the country in order to get it should tell people everthing they need to know about him but I'm sure that when the leadership contest happens he'll just say 'ahhhh.  mmmm', ruffle his hair and be elected before you can say 'miserable conniving shitstain'.

Cameron played fast and loose with the country and with our partners in Europe who told him the referendum was a mistake yet believed him when he said he would win and made concessions, They are understandably very angry now its all backfired, Osborne apparently advised Cameron not to do this either. As for Johnson then you can't really blame a cunt for acting like a cunt. 

Hopefully it will stay there, but I suspect its a temporary rally. Nothing ever goes up or down in a straight line.

Yeah, profit making in all likelihood. But right now really nothing has change and we just have indecision, maybe some calm can hold things together. Obviously as we move forward the bigger slide may begin.

It won't. These are just over corrections and re-balancing . The FTSE and Sterling are going to bouncing along the bottom for a long to come if the Brexit thing runs it course, An election and a re-run is the only quick fix.. This is a fuck up of astronomical proportions and it will have lasting adverse effects on virtually every individual in the UK,. Higher taxes , worse public services , job losses and even less opportunity; especially for the millions of "nothing to lose" dickheads living in places like Sunderland and Barnsley who have swallowed the lies and will now find less investment when EU money goes and is not replaced by Westminster because its gone to keep the NHS above water or to avoid tax rises. Oh and guess what Poles are not going to fuck off tomorrow and Pakistan isn't part of the EU. 

It won't. These are just over corrections and re-balancing . The FTSE and Sterling are going to bouncing along the bottom for a long to come if the Brexit thing runs it course, An election and a re-run is the only quick fix.. This is a fuck up of astronomical proportions and it will have lasting adverse effects on virtually every individual in the UK,. Higher taxes , worse public services , job losses and even less opportunity; especially for the millions of "nothing to lose" dickheads living in places like Sunderland and Barnsley who have swallowed the lies and will now find less investment when EU money goes and is not replaced by Westminster because its gone to keep the NHS above water or to avoid tax rises. Oh and guess what Poles are not going to fuck off tomorrow and Pakistan isn't part of the EU.

People had probably shorted stocks yesterday and are buying after they lost value. The uncertainty until at least September is going to cause more volatility like this.

Not quite what British Fishermen wanted to hear.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jun/28/british-fishermen-warned-brexit-will-not-mean-greater-catches?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet

I'm not sure why the caution. Surely we'll just send the Royal Navy to sort the blighters out? If we get some aircraft for the aircraft carrier. Or proper engines in our frigates. Or one of our three submarines that are taking years to refit.

Okay, maybe we won't.

People had probably shorted stocks yesterday and are buying after they lost value. The uncertainty until at least September is going to cause more volatility like this.

Yeah I would imagine a lot of short positions closed yesterday. Traders will have jumped aboard, but they'll be leaving soon.

RBS is really struggling to stay blue. If I had any money in RBS I'd be taking it out.

Yeah I would imagine a lot of short positions closed yesterday. Traders will have jumped aboard, but they'll be leaving soon.

RBS is really struggling to stay blue. If I had any money in RBS I'd be taking it out.

Think you're okay for first £7500. If there's anything above that I'd be looking to shift it to another bank. I'm with Barclays but I'll be looking to shift some to another bank for sure.

Edit: Haha it's £75k! No need to move fuck all then for me.

Could never understand why we were supposed to side with fishermen who want to hunt the oceans to extinction but are being stopped by the evil EU. We should be sinking the bastards, not falling over ourselves to help them.

I think from watching certain tv programs which doesnt make me an expert but i think they dont like the fact they have to discard fish overboard if they have hit their quota.

They can get arrested for doing such a thing if they do it in Norwegian waters as it is illegal to do it there so they have to leave norwegian waters before they do it cause EU law means they cant land the fish otherwise they get a hefty fine.

Once caught in a net the fish are dead which is a fact that Norwegian law recognises.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk