You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Manchester United, March 22nd 2015

lebron

Thick cunt Jason Roberts MOTD2 alert.

Thick cunt Shearer accompanying him. Reckons Jones uncontrolled assault on Henderson wasn't worth a sending off. Mind you, his boot in Neil Lennon's head wasn't that bad according to the "sheet metal worker's son".

What is it with Geordies and mental incompetence? Is it congenital or just occurring when they are on camera?

• Upvote 1

he was a lazy cunt today. Starting to dispise him to be honest, the less I say about sterling the better, who I really dispise. Hope he's fucks off to city

Can we Fuck you off to city? Saying you despise your own players is mental. Especially when they are players who actually do things.

40 goals in 65 games and you are starting to despise him? Oh dear.

• Upvote 1

Come off it, Section, we've played some great football the past couple of months playing this formation and gotten some good wins. I think it's a touch snide to imply we've been eleven strangers fluking results since we went to three at the back.

The defence, for one thing, looks much more assured. Many, myself included, doubted whether Rodgers had it in him to sort it out, but he's proved he can knit a more cohesive defensive unit without it being to the detriment of the attack.

Unless that line is a reference to some telly programme I'm not getting.

Come off what? You got all that from one question?

Everytime someone has a series of bad games we get told they don't fit the system, or if we buy a player who turns out to be shite it's because they can't adapt to the system.

I'm just wondering what's so complicated about this system that so many players can't seem to adapt to it.

Secsh, a line of 'what is the system?', at least to me, implies that the person asking the question hasn't been able to see a pattern or a style with how we've been playing. I don't think it's a particularly outrageous leap to make, given it's a question which rightly got levelled at Rafa during his last season, at Hodgson, or even Kenny in the last couple of months of his reign when it seemed any semblance of footballing cohesion went out of the window and we regularly looked lacking in any ideas. It's a question you throw out there when you watch sides incapable of stringing a pass together and look like they've only just met each other beforehand.

Who exactly hasn't fitted it? Fair does, Sturridge, but I'd put a lot of that down to him still finding his feet after a lengthy injury and, to be honest, his work rate has been piss poor since he came back into the side. Any Rodgers team, you've got to press from the front, so things go a little to shit from there if you can't. I'm obviously more than willing to give Sturridge the benefit of the doubt though, and as I said, I still think he's feeling his way back.

I wouldn't say 'so many players' have struggled to adapt to it either. Sterling (but not as a wing back), Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Sakho, Lucas, Can- loads of others have flourished in it. I just think there's been a collective dip and some have just gone off the boil. I don't think it's anything to do with the system. It just tends to happen occasionally.

To me, it's case of deja vu after peaking with a good win against City. Since then, it's looked like things have caught up with a couple of players and we've been really flat since then. I think it's down to a collective dip rather than the formation.

Shit this place lately. Seems like a few people, including established posters, have just turned into right snide cunts. The minute you post anything other than 'Rodgers is boss, Chelsea have got loads of money blah blah fucking blah' you get rounded on immediately. Haven't seen free speech shut down this viciously since Sophie Scholl was given a short back and sides. GF is shite these days too. Might go back on the Star Wars forums and talk about whether or not it's possible to clone an accent.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Section, where have I tried to shut you down? I apologise if the tone of that post came across as condescending or forthright or whatever because it wasn't my intention to convey that. Sometimes what somebody writes can be construed in a different way to what was intended, which is obviously one of the problems with the written word. I obviously took issue with something I wrongly interpreted from one of your posts and argued against it.

I really can't see where I've been snide in that post. I think any misunderstanding on both our parts is a case of crossed wires.

Section, where have I tried to shut you down? I apologise if the tone of that post came across as condescending or forthright or whatever because it wasn't my intention to convey that. Sometimes what somebody writes can be construed in a different way to what was intended, which is obviously one of the problems with the written word. I obviously took issue with something I wrongly interpreted from one of your posts and argued against it.

I really can't see where I've been snide in that post. I think any misunderstanding on both our parts is a case of crossed wires.

Have you found that link yet you grovelling cunt. Didn't fucking think so. Check your fucking facts before posting something like that
  • Downvote 3

Shit this place lately. Seems like a few people, including established posters, have just turned into right snide cunts. The minute you post anything other than 'Rodgers is boss, Chelsea have got loads of money blah blah fucking blah' you get rounded on immediately. Haven't seen free speech shut down this viciously since Sophie Scholl was given a short back and sides. GF is shite these days too. Might go back on the Star Wars forums and talk about whether or not it's possible to clone an accent.

Try "Lucas is a good player", it might help.

What's wrong with the GF?