You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Bit optimistic with the pricing there

Bit optimistic in thinking they'll all leave on permanent deals full stop.

I would happily take one single freddo for Aspas, Lambert, Balotelli, and Borini. It would make financial sense as well. Get the, what, £250k p/w (?) off the wage bill and ensure none of them play a single minute for the club again (improving the chances of financial success through actual success).

I can see someone giving us about £2m/£3m for Aspas and Lambert, the other two will be leaving on loan to Italian clubs, and we'll be paying half their wages.

We need to get Falcao in on loan because you can't go from being that good to being that shit, he's still got something left in the tank. I'd sign Jovetic as well because i reckon he's quality when fit. Sturridge, Falcao, Jovetic and Origi. 

Sign Yarmolenko for Sterling and get Garay to sort out the back. Clyne right back and bring in someone like Alex Song at defensive mid, i'd say Khedira but he's on his way to Juventus. I'd get rid of Mignolet and Moreno as well but needs must.

I will raise you one Fernando Torres

I can hardly be bothered to care about Toure, I thought he might be worth an extension before everything imploded.

It's hard not to get the feeling that someone, somewhere at the club, is sitting in front of a spreadsheet marked "The Grand Plan", and with Toure's signature they've proceeded to put a big tick next to the box which says "sign a proven winner".

• Upvote 1

The going rate for a good striker is 45m+

The going rate for a striker that's had a decent season is 30m+

The going rate for a 'punt' on a promising striker is 20m+

If you sell Sterling for 45m, Balotelli for 10m, plus some others to the sum of 10m, that's 65m in. You then have to buy a top class striker, replace sterling (unless they can do both jobs), and you've still got a question mark hanging over Sturridge's fitness.

FSG are going to have to fork out heavily in they want to actually improve the team surely?

100m was banded about as being a big spend a couple of years ago, but now it's a 'minor service' on the team (for any team looking to get into top 4).

• Upvote 1