You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Books, films, songs etc that made you cry like a baby. *Amnesty*

Carvalho Diablo

Most Disney cartoon films have got me at one time or another. I can defo remember crying my eyes out watching both Lady and the Tramp and The Lion King.

Other than that - while I cry quite often - there's only one other film that I remember crying at which was Cool Runnings. I'm pretty sure I was depressed at the time.

Most Disney cartoon films have got me at one time or another. I can defo remember crying my eyes out watching both Lady and the Tramp and The Lion King.

Other than that - while I cry quite often - there's only one other film that I remember crying at which was Cool Runnings. I'm pretty sure I was depressed at the time.

When they carry the sled over the finish line ?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The end of Six Feet Under nearly gave me a nervous fucking breakdown.

Forest Gump, too.

And Jim Croce's Photographs and Memories.

• Upvote 1

Forest Gump, too.

The end of Six feet under is some of the best TV ever made. Never has a series been wrapped up so perfectly.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The end of Six feet under is some of the best TV ever made. Never has a series been wrapped up so perfectly.

Yep. Absolutely. It is, for me, the best ending to a TV show ever made. It is my favourite TV show too. Certainly in my too few.

The book of One Day.  Devastating moment.  Haven't seen the film, but I doubt it will do it justice.

Dance Band on the Titanic by Harry Chapin had me in floods as a kid.  Cats in the Cradle as well, actually.

When Heather dies in Highlander and "Who Wants to Live Forever" is playing in the background, oh god, i sobbed like a jilted girl at that. Also when Arnie gets lowered into the molten "slag" at the end of Terminator 2 and he does that "thumbs up" to John Connor.

The only other thing i can think of was after my dad died in 2002, i didn't cry but a few months later i was pottering around the house and the song "Sometimes you cant make it on your own" by U2 came on the radio, and the line "...And it's you when I look in the mirror, and it's you that makes it hard to let go" just got to me and i broke down and actually grieved for my old man for the first time. Bawled my eyes out. 

I don't even think it's a good song, in fact it's pretty poor, but that line just caught me off guard. Strange the way music has a habit of doing that to you.

• Upvote 2

When Heather dies in Highlander and "Who Wants to Live Forever" is playing in the background, oh god, i sobbed like a jilted girl at that. Also when Arnie gets lowered into the molten "slag" at the end of Terminator 2 and he does that "thumbs up" to John Connor.

The only other thing i can think of was after my dad died in 2002, i didn't cry but a few months later i was pottering around the house and the song "Sometimes you cant make it on your own" by U2 came on the radio, and the line "...And it's you when I look in the mirror, and it's you that makes it hard to let go" just got to me and i broke down and actually grieved for my old man for the first time. Bawled my eyes out.

I don't even think it's a good song, in fact it's pretty poor, but that line just caught me off guard. Strange the way music has a habit of doing that to you.

There was a song on the Simpsons once, 'hello Grandpa my old friend, your busy day is at an end.' And that made me think of my granddad in much the same way. The line just sums up granddads.

• Upvote 1

Forest Gump, too.

I always watch Forest Gump with a huge lump in my throat.  The Youngblood's 'Get Together' from the soundtrack always gets me

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I always watch Forest Gump with a huge lump in my throat. The Youngblood's 'Get Together' from the soundtrack always gets me

It's the loss of his Mum that gets me. It makes me feel sad as fuck.

• 10 months later...