You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Books, films, songs etc that made you cry like a baby. *Amnesty*

Carvalho Diablo

If I may, I'll start off with two :

John Irving's brilliant A Prayer For Owen Meany, notably the bunker scene near the end. Unbelievable book.

PrayerForOwenMeany.JPG

Also, the first time I heard Nick Cave's And No More Shall We Part, that song hit me like a ton of bricks. My nan had died just a year or so earlier and even today, when I hear that song it's goosebump city.

Over to you; books, films, songs, any kind of media or whatever you like really, but remember, this is an amnesty thread...

• Upvote 1

I'd happily post my selections in a thread that wasn't an amnesty one. There's nothing wrong with men crying, I do it regularly.

The Snowman

Watership Down

A Lion Called Christian

He Ain't heavy, He's My Brother

You'll Never Walk Alone

A Lion Called Christian is incredible viewing.

• Upvote 1

First ten minutes of Up.

Not what I was expecting when I went in the cinema and it knocked me sideways.

Christ don't remind me. Even the Always Sunny.. parody choked me up. I remember the first time I watched it was with mates at uni. One laid on his bed and then me on one sofa, another lad on the other. Basically none of us could see each other's faces. There was an awful lot of sniffing and unconvincing 'I'm not crying' from the three of us. 

giphy.gif

Used to hate watching Disney/Pixar films with my ex because she would always cry and if I didn't want to already, seeing her crying would almost push me over the edge. Thank God I'm now so apathetic. 

• Upvote 1

First ten minutes of Up.

Not what I was expecting when I went in the cinema and it knocked me sideways.

Its just awful, isnt it?

We went to see it at the cinema and I blubbed and then we watched it on DVD at home and I just went to pieces. I've never dared watch it since

Druss the legend

Million Dollar baby

Indian Sunset=Warren Haynes( its the accoustic version he did for opie radio)

Druss is a great shout Kal-El as we discussed in another thread.

I re-read Winter Warriors during the week and I think that in a lot of ways it could well be Gemmell's masterpiece. Very underrated book imo. The final couple of chapters had me blubbing. Incredibly moving.

Lion King - When Simba's saying "dad wake up" to Mufasa.

Forrest Gump - when Jenny comes back

American Beauty - at the end when he does the monologue

Shawshank Redemption - burst into tears when Andy plays the music through the prison tannoy

Good Will Hunting - When Ben Affleck's character goes to Will's house and realises he's gone, chokes me up big time.

Up- the whole of it.